剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
一遍又一遍
and again and again and again.
他倒下了 我...
He went down, and I just...
继续打他 打他 打他
kept hitting and hitting and hitting
我停不下来
and I... couldn't stop.
你想要杀他吗
Was it your intent to kill him?
我想要阻止他
It was my intent to stop him.
我不记得当时想了很多
You know, I don't remember thinking much.
更多是一种冲动
It was more just a compulsion.
必须有人阻止他
You know, he must be stopped.
当你殴打哈茨菲尔德先生时
What was going through your mind
你在想什么
as you were hitting Mr. Hartsfield?
我不确定想了什么
I'm not sure anything was.
这更像是一种反应
It was more like I just had a reaction,
需要阻止他
like he needed to be stopped.
我不确定当时我是否还有理智 或者
I'm not sure if my brain was in charge or...
我...
I...
暴♥力♥的想法自然而然地从我脑海中涌出
Violence just came from a place inside me that...
我之前甚至不知道它的存在
I didn't even know was there.
你明白的
You know...
我自己变成了一个怪物 某种程度上来说
I became a monster myself, in a way,
因为我产生的邪恶念头
you know, the viciousness that came out of me.
但是
But...
我不知道 我控制不了
I don't know. I have difficulty reconciling it.
但是我知道我那天做的事情
But I know that what I did that day,
不管有多可怕 不管有多邪恶多暴♥力♥
however monstrous, however vicious and violent...
我都表现得非常人性
I was acting out in a very human way.
- 你认识卢·林克莱特吗 - 对 认识
- You know Lou Linklatter? - Yeah, I do.
我第一次见她是在我们调查梅赛德斯先生的时候
I first met her through our investigation of Mr. Mercedes.
但是在艺术节他留她一个人等死之后
But after the arts gala when he left her for dead...
我对她有了更深的了解
I... came to know her in a deeper way.
什么样的更深的了解
In a deeper way how?
就是 一个内心破碎
As, you know, someone who's torn up inside
而且不知道怎样继续生活的人
and couldn't figure out how to go forward, you know,
一个尝试着去做对的事情的人
a person who, while trying to do the right thing,
却被
was overtaken, you know,
伤害 愤怒 痛苦所压倒
by hurt and rage, pain,
但更多的是被一种阻止
but mostly by a compulsion
一个非常邪恶的人作更多恶的冲动
to stop a very bad man from doing more harm.
但是他事实上不能作更多的恶了 对吧
But he wasn't really capable of doing any more harm, right?
我是说 他已经被监禁了
I mean, he was in custody.
他可以的
He was capable.
布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德昏迷的时候在作恶
Brady Hartsfield did harm while he was in a coma.
他站上法庭的时候在作恶
He did harm as he stood in court and...
嘲笑受害者的痛苦
smirked at the pain of his victims.
想到他可能继续会
The idea that he could go on
比如说 被研究 被拥护 甚至
to be, like, studied, you know, championed, even,
被作为医学奇迹 他留给世间的遗产...
as medical hope, the idea that his legacy...
可能会让他感觉自己很棒
that... he could get to feel good about himself...
他可能会感到自豪
He might feel proud...
他甚至会感觉自己是完整的
He even might feel whole...
然而其他太多人再也感觉不到自己是完整的了
while so many other people will never get to feel whole.
这种想法怎么能不伤害我们的内心呢
How can that notion not tear away at our insides?
我... 我记得上高中的时候读莎士比亚
You know, I... I remember reading Shakespeare in high school.
我喜欢那些爱情故事
I liked the love stories,
不那么喜欢悲剧 但是
you know, not so much the tragedies, but...
在《裘力斯·凯撒》里 就在他们
And in "Julius Caesar," There was this line
杀掉凯撒之前有一句台词
right before they killed Caesar.
我记得是凯斯卡说的
I think it was Casca.
他说
He said...
"让我的手代替我说话" 就在杀人之前
"Speak, hands, for me," Right before.
我之前一直没能真正理解那句词 说实话 但
And I never really got that line, to be honest, but...
在艺术节
at the arts gala,
我明白了
I got it.
坐在法庭上 当卢做了她做的事情时
And sitting in court when Lou did what she did...
我明白了
I got it.
就是 卢的双手代替她说了话
You know, Lou's hands spoke for her.
它们代替我们所有人说了话
They spoke for all of us.
无罪释放 无罪释放
Let Lou free! Let Lou free!
无罪释放 无罪释放
Let Lou free! Let Lou free!
无罪释放 无罪释放
Let Lou free! Let Lou free!
无罪释放 无罪释放
Let Lou free! Let Lou free!
- 你好 - 嗨
- Hello. - Hi.
皮特 最近怎么样
Pete! How's it going?
你是谁
Who are you?
我是谁
Who I am...
不重要
not important.
至于我带来的消息 嗯...
As for the news I bear, well...
我们先从不杀信使说起 好吗
Let me start with don't shoot the messenger, okay?
你知道那句"不杀信使"是从哪里来的吗
You know where that comes from, "Don't shoot the messenger"?
莎士比亚
Shakespeare.
混♥蛋♥总是能写出来好东西
Fuckin' guy wrote all the good stuff.
当埃及艳后发现安东尼对她不忠时
Cleopatra threatened to shoot this messenger's balls off
她威胁要把信使的蛋蛋射下来
when she found out that Antony was stepping out on her.
古希腊悲剧诗人
有人说索福克勒斯在《安提戈涅》中
Some people claim that Sophocles first coined it
首次创造了这个词 妈的 我押的可是莎士比亚啊
in "Antigone" And shit, but my money's on Shakespeare.
你觉得呢 皮特
What do you think, Petey?
你是个文化人
You're a literary guy.
是不是
Huh?
给你 皮特 你需要点些什么吗
Here you go, Pete. Can I get you something?
嗯 我不太想要 还是谢谢你
You know, I'm doing great, but thank you very much.
- 别客气 - 谢谢
- You're welcome. - Appreciate it.
眼睛看前面 皮特
Eyes forward, Pete.
嘿 你这样就没礼貌了
Hey, you're being disrespectful.
如果你现在不马上离开这张桌子 我就...
If you don't leave this table right now, I'm...
就怎样
Then what?
你就会大喊 "救命啊 这儿有个男的
You'll cry out, "Help, there's a man
对我引用莎士比亚的话"
quoting Shakespeare at me"?
知道吗 如果你想引起人们的注意
You know, you want to get people's attention,
你最好喊 "嘿
you'd be better off yelling, "Hey,
我有约翰·罗斯坦未出版的手稿"
I got John Rothstein's unpublished manuscripts."
对吧
Yeah.
看 我知道你所有的事情
See, I know all about you.
你有个瘸子老爹 被梅赛德斯先生弄瘸的
You got a gimpy dad, got crippled by Mr. Mercedes.
你看上那边那个收银员了
You got a crush on that cashier over there.
我还知道些别的事情
And here's what else I know,
这就又回到了那句"不杀信使"
which brings me back to "Don't shoot the messenger":
你有生命危险
your life is in danger.
今天早上的事情不是意外
That was no fluke this morning.
下一回 可能就不会侥幸逃脱了
The next time, it might not be a near miss.
那是我吗 显然不是 我只是一个信使
Was it me? Certainly not. I'm just the messenger,
像你老爹一样的中介人
a broker like your old man.
但不是做房♥地♥产♥
But instead of real estate,
我要做的是一场交易
what I've come to broker is a deal:
用那些手稿换你的命
your life for those manuscripts.
他妈的坐回去
Sit the fuck back down
然后对我有点礼貌
and extend to me the courtesy
就像一个人通常对他的救星那样
that one would normally give to a savior,
我正是这个救星
which I am.
我是来救你的命的
I'm here to save your life.
交易是这样
Here are the terms:
你可以留着你在手提箱里发现的钱
you get to keep the cash you found in the suitcase.
把手稿还回来
You return the manuscripts.
我知道总共有六本
I'm informed there were six in total.
然后你会收到
And you will receive
额外的五万美金作为货款
an additional $50,000 reward upon their sale,
然后 这可能是最好的一条
and... this might be the best part...
你不用蹲监狱
you avoid prison,
因为如果你有那些书的事情外传了的话...
'cause if it gets out that you have those books...
进监狱啊 宝贝
Prison, baby.
我给你发现的钱
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表