剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
No, I heard the question.
这是假设的
It's hypothetical.
实际上不是假设
It's actually not hypothetical,
因为你有两次机会
because you had two such occasions
杀死布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德
to kill Brady Hartsfield,
事实上 是你开始杀死布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德的
where in fact, you began to kill Brady Hartsfield,
一次是在医院病房♥ 你捏住他的氧气线
once in a hospital room when you pinched his oxygen line,
另一次是在监狱牢房♥ 你抓住他的喉咙
the other in a cell when you grabbed him by the throat
开始勒死他
and began to strangle him.
两种情况下你都阻止了自己
In both cases, you stopped yourself,
不是吗 探长
didn't you, Detective?
是的
I did.
为什么
Why?
说实话 记不清了
Don't much remember, truth be told.
那不是"说实话"
That's not "Truth be told."
那是谎话
That's a lie.
两种情况下你都阻止了自己
You stopped yourself on both occasions
因为你不想让自己变得
because you did not want to sink
与布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德一样
to Brady Hartsfield's level.
你不想像他一样目无法纪
You did not want to be lawless like him.
现在读心了 万事通
A mind-reader now. Jack of all jack-offs.
我不需要读心
I don't need to be a mind-reader,
因为你给了警♥察♥一份详细报告
because you gave that exact statement to the police.
你甚至说若是目无法纪地对待他
You even said to be rendered lawless
那就意味着布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德赢了
means that Brady Hartsfield wins.
你不想令他如意......
You did not want to give him that satisfaction...
尤其是卢·林克莱特给他的那份意
the very satisfaction that Lou Linklatter gave him.
法官大人 这个问题的意义何在
Your Honor, what is the point of this?
霍奇斯先生不是在这里接受审讯
Mr. Hodges is not on trial here.
不 他没有 因为他没有杀人
No, he's not, because he did not commit a homicide.
但是他在这里
But he is here to give testimony
为凶手作证
in support of someone who did.
你是这起案件的唯一目击者 霍奇斯先生
You're a unique witness in this case, Mr. Hodges.
你认识并且关心被告
You know and care for the defendant.
你怀着抓住哈茨菲尔德先生的冲动
You harbored a compulsion to get Mr. Hartsfield,
那个你称之为
who, as you say,
恶魔的人
was evil.
你可以对受害者们的悲痛感同身受
You can appreciate the anguish of his victims,
其中很多人今天和我们一起在这里
many of them with us here today.
你明确站在
You're unequivocally on
"憎恨梅赛德斯先生"那一边
the "Hate Mr. Mercedes" Side of the fence.
但你也是一个法治者
But you are also a man of law and order.
你是一个相信
You're a man who believes
法内体系完整性的人
that this system needs to be one of integrity,
所以我将提出一个最严峻的问题
so I'm going to finish here by asking you
以此结束我的提问
the toughest question of all,
提醒你发过的誓
reminding you that you are under oath.
地狱般的结尾
One hell of a windup.
据你所知
As much as you understand
为什么卢·林克莱特选择个人制裁
why Lou Linklatter took the law into her own hands,
你真的想要坐在那把椅子上
do you really mean to sit in that chair
支持个人制裁吗
and advocate on behalf of vigilantism?
我来这里是为了支持卢
I'm here to advocate for Lou.
看在上帝的份上 他刺伤了她
He stabbed her, for God's sake.
以眼还眼
So eye for an eye.
那就是你支持的吗
That's where you stand?
这难道不是你的证词
Is it your testimony that people,
人们为了复仇
for the purpose of exacting revenge,
应该被允许个人制裁
should be allowed to take the law into their own hands?
谢谢 法官法人
Thank you, Your Honor.
放了卢 放了卢
Let Lou go! Let Lou go!
我们爱你
We love you!
放了卢 放了卢
Let Lou go! Let Lou go!
这边 霍奇斯探长
Over here! Detective Hodges!
为什么布雷迪
Why did Brady...
- 卢为什么杀了布雷迪 - 霍奇斯探长
- Why did Lou kill Brady? - Detective Hodges!
放了卢 放了卢
Let Lou go! Let Lou go!
放了卢 放了卢
Let Lou go! Let Lou go!
感谢所有的帮助
Thanks for all the help.
坐在那里就像个僵尸
Sitting there like a fucking zombie.
你为什么不说话
Why didn't you say something?
你本可以证实布雷迪能够继续杀人
You could've established Brady was able to keep killing,
- 甚至在监禁时... - 法官拒绝了
- even in custody... - The judge shut that down.
换个方式 该死的
Slip it in sideways, for fuck's sake.
不行 因为如果我有一点倾向于自卫的说法
No, because if I even go near self-defense,
我就会被认为蔑视法庭
I would be put in contempt of court.
- 你理解吗 - 所有小脑肽
- Do you understand that? - All the Cerebellin,
医疗奇迹男孩的扯淡 整件事...
medical wonder boy bullshit, the whole thing...
没有一件事可以否定卢杀了他的事实
None of that negates that Lou executed him,
我们却试图否认这一事实...
and for us to try to deny that...
这让我们看起来认可杀人这事
we will look like we're okay with murder!
你有什么计划
What's your plan?
我说过我的计划 过失杀人
I've told you our plan. Involuntary manslaughter.
这是个好方向 我有信心
It's a fine line... one that I can walk.
- 我不他妈的这么想 - 好吧 别说了 你们两个
- I don't fucking think so. - Okay, stop it, both of you.
我得走了去看卡尔·芬顿的父亲
I have to be off to see Carl Fenten's dad.
也许你可以给自己
Maybe you can go and get yourself
弄个法律之类的学位
a law degree or something.
- 办公室见... - 滚开
- I'll see you back at the office... - Fuck off.
你滚开
Fuck off yourself.
办公室见
See you back in the office.
情况变得那么严重吗
Did it go that badly?
并不是
Not at all.
没有新消息
No new information came in.
他同情卢 陪审团都看见了
He came off sympathetic to Lou, which the jury saw.
他不是我们希望的那种问题终结者
He's just not the cleanup hitter that we hoped.
- 对 - 无论如何
- Right. - It's all going to come down
最终都取决于卢和你的
to Lou's testimony anyway,
证词
and yours.
好吧
Right.
霍莉
Holly.
如果你不想去....
If you don't feel up to it...
不 我必须去
No, I have to be up to it.
我只问问题
I will just ask questions.
你只要如实回答
And you just give honest answers.
你就... 做你自己
You just... just be yourself.
好的
'Kay. Yeah.
该死 该死
Shit, shit, shit.
- 他遇到麻烦了吗 - 没有
- Is he in trouble? - Not at all.
那我不明白了
Then I don't understand.
车祸现场离这儿不到一英里
The crash site was less than a mile from here.
皮特曾在那里散步
Peter has been known to walk the area.
他有可能看到车祸残骸
It's possible he came upon the wreckage.
但他没看到 不然他会告诉我们
But he didn't. He would've told us.
我们觉得 车里有钱
There was money, we think, in the car,
这笔钱可能与约翰·罗斯坦的谋杀有关
possibly connected to the John Rothstein murder.
罗斯坦的一些物品 甚至手稿
It's possible some of Rothstein's merchandise,
可能都在车祸残骸里
manuscripts, even, were in the wreckage.
可能有人路过车祸现场
And it's possible somebody came upon the crash site,
发现了钱和物品
found the money and merchandise,
拿走跑了
and absconded with it.
你们认为是皮特做的
You think Peter did this?
我们问了附近所有人
We're talking to everybody in the vicinity.
皮特最近看起来如何
How has Peter seemed recently?
他看起来如何
How has he seemed?
索伯太太 我们真的没有敌意
Mrs. Saubers, we're really not trying to be antagonistic.
那好 你们在我家里
Okay, you are in my home,
问我儿子的事
asking questions about my son
问他是不是藏有被盗财产
and whether or not he's in possession of stolen property.
这不是敌意是什么
What is that if not antagonistic?
你的丈夫呢 他在哪里
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表