剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
We're gonna keep each other in the loop.
他可能会偷偷塞给我们一些余钱
Now, he might be able to slip us some discretionary funding,
但你就权当这活儿是免费的好了
but you could consider this pro bono.
好
Okay.
早
Morning.
你读过吉米·古德吗
Hey, you. Have you read Jimmy Gold?
谁
Who?
这就是你为什么得滚回哈佛
This is why you need to get your ass back to Harvard.
文学让人类有别于野兽
What separates man from beast is literature.
读一读 全都读一遍
Read that, all of it.
也许你一回去 哈佛就会重新接纳你
Maybe Harvard will give you credit once you go back.
他的句子都太长了
His sentences are way too long.
什么 你说什么
What? What'd you say?
我更喜欢海明威 语言简练
I guess I prefer Hemingway. It's concise, you know?
是吗
Do you, now?
我不觉得 因为读短句会让你变成傻蛋
I don't think so, 'cause that would make you a dumb shite,
但我们都知道你是个聪明蛋
whereas we both know of you as a highly intelligent shite.
谢了
Thanks.
全部读一遍
Read all of that.
可能会透露谁是杀死罗斯汀的凶手
It could inform on who killed Rothstein.
像《公民凯恩》里的"玫瑰花蕾"
What, like Rosebud in "Citizen Kane"?
凶手常常是受害者认识的人
People are often killed by someone they know.
罗斯汀的小说是自传式的
Rothstein's novels are autobiographical.
他就是吉米·古德
He was Jimmy Gold.
也许只是一次简单的抢劫
Now, maybe it was a simple robbery.
也许不是
Maybe it wasn't.
每个词都好好读
Read every word of that.
读完你会变得更优秀
You'll be a better man for it.
也许还会变成一个更优秀的私♥家♥侦♥探♥
Perhaps even a better private detective.
该死
Oh, shit.
不
No.
不不不
No, no, no, no.
搞什么
What the fuck, man?
15年
15 years?
我建议你别接受
I don't advise that you take it.
从法律上讲 我有义务告诉你
Legally, I'm obligated to tell you about it.
这个判法不是我问来的
I didn't ask for the offer.
是我 卢
I did, Lou.
也许你应该接受
Maybe you should take it.
庭审就是慢慢让你认罪
A trial will be a slow guilty plea.
他们有足够的证据
They got you dead to rights.
但让十二名陪审员审判
But asking 12 jurors to condemn the woman
为世界除掉梅赛德斯先生的女人
who saved the world from Mr. Mercedes--
你在说什么
What are you about?
是她要坐那么长时间的牢 不是你
She's the one facing the time, not you.
你是为了自己才让这个案子庭审的
You're bringing this to trial for your own reasons...
你的事业 自我价值
Career, ego,
管它是什么
whatever the fuck,
但这样是错的 你心知肚明
but it's wrong, and you know it.
不管你对于害她陷入这种境地有多愧疚
Whatever guilt you feel for getting her in this position,
我是在做我的分内事
I am doing my job,
基于我这么多年的经验
which is, take all my years of experience,
我经历过的庭审 我对于法律和人的了解
my trials, my knowledge of law and people
告诉她 我建议她应该怎么做
and tell her what I think she should do.
我这样做不是出于私心
This isn't personal for me.
你赢不了的
You can't win.
-我不能打包票 没错 -不
- I don't guarantee it, no. - No.
地检很厉害 她会提起诉讼 但我也会
The DA is good, she will bring it, but so will I.
坐15年牢
15 years in prison.
我不知道该怎么捱过去
I don't see how I survive that.
再说 有精神错乱
Again, there is insanity.
我觉得地检会同意的
I think the DA would agree.
但是
But--
但是我跟你保证 如果你用精神错乱辩护
But I guarantee you if you plead insanity,
你永远都别想自♥由♥ 永远
you will never be free. Never.
扯淡
That's bullshit.
他们一旦把你纳入系统 就会把你葬在那儿
Once they get you into the system, they will bury you there.
法律说了不算 医生说了算
The law won't decide it. The doctors will.
医生为国家工作
The doctors work for the state,
而国家就是一群政客和官僚
and the state is just politicians and bureaucrats
想把这一切都忘却
that want to put all this behind them.
你能赢吗
Can you win this?
我应该可以
I think I can.
那我们就试一试
Then let's go for it.
卢
Lou...
要是我因为杀了布雷迪而坐牢
If I go to prison for what I did to Brady,
那布雷迪就赢了
then Brady wins.
我们走庭审
We go to trial.
能让我出去吗
Can I get out?
该死
Oh, shit.
孩子 有什么要我帮忙吗
Son. Can I help you?
你已经帮我很多了
You already have, a lot.
天啊
Oh, my God.
是你
Ah, it's you.
你康复了
You're okay.
是啊 多亏了你
Yes, I am, thanks to you.
我还以为你救不回来了呢
Man, I thought you might be a goner.
要不是你 我可能真就救不回来了
Well, I might have been if you hadn't come along.
你怎么找到我的
How'd you find me?
我记得斯坦·麦克奈尔的标志 就一路找来
Oh, I remembered the Stan McNair logo, so I tracked you down.
我是来感谢你的
Here to say thank you.
欢迎你 好人
Well, you are most certainly welcome, my good man.
我很开心
This makes my day.
我以前救了很多洗碗机
I mean, I've rescued a lot of dishwashers in my time,
但论起来 这还是我第一次救人
but this'll be my first human rescue to speak of.
孩子 看看你 你需要来瓶啤酒
Damn, son, you look like you could use a beer.
-是啊 -快进来
- Yeah, I know. - Come on in.
我很愿意喝一瓶
I'd love one.
你竟然已经能下地走路了 我好惊讶
I'm surprised to see you up walking around already.
应该是我天生恢复神速
Well, resilient genes, I guess.
我能问问你为什么做好事不留名吗
Can I ask, why didn't you take credit for it?
好心人会做的事
I mean, a Good Samaritan thing like that?
你是个英雄
You're a hero.
我不喜欢当英雄
Not my thing.
也许还能帮你做做广♥告♥
Might have helped your marketing, even.
我不怎么追求曝光度
Yeah, well, publicity ain't something I'm in the market for much.
为什么
Why's that?
这么说吧
Well, let's just say it's hard
靠修冰箱之类的勉强度日 这很艰难
eking out a living fixing refrigerators and so forth.
有时我得做些副业
And sometimes I have to supplement in ways that,
吸引别人注意到我可能不太好
well, bringing attention to myself might not be good.
我明白
Yeah, well, I hear that.
我们都是勉强度日
We're all eking it out, I guess.
是啊
Yeah.
每晚我都祈祷 "亲爱的上帝
Every night, I, like, pray, "Dear God,
让我撞见一大堆钱吧 好不好"
just let me come across a big ole pile of money, would ya?"
你和我都是
You and me both.
干杯
Cheers.
请坐
Have a seat.
你之前做过吗 斯坦
You ever done that, Stan?
什么
Sorry?
撞见一大堆钱
Come across a pile of money?
还没有 但我也没遇到我的真命天女
Well, not yet, but I haven't met the girl of my dreams either,
所以还有很多没遇见过的事
so a lot of boxes unchecked.
为什么用那种眼神看我
Why you looking at me like that?
你知道吗 斯坦
You know what, Stan?
我的卡车冲出了道路 就在离这约八百米的地方
My truck went off the road about a half mile from here.
你之前不是说你在走路吗
I thought you said you were walking.
它还在那条沟里
It's still sitting in the ditch where it ended up.
车上原本有行李
I had luggage in the truck...
现在不在了
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表