剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
Oh-ho! God?
我是说人类
People.
好吧 这听起来像是他的口气
Well, that actually sounds like him.
也许某些人会在我们的余生留下♥阴♥影
Maybe people do haunt us.
反正罗斯坦已经给我留下不少阴影了
Rothstein certainly had a way of haunting me.
这也是为什么我又教学生他的作品
That's really why I'm teaching him again.
课堂搞得怎么样了
How did the class go?
老样子 不算太坏
You know, not so bad.
现在的孩子讨厌所有东西
Kids today, they think everything is stupid.
乔纳森·斯威夫特的《一个温和的建议》
Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal"...
17世纪著名作家 一部有名的讽刺文学作品
他们讨厌
stupid.
纳撒尼尔·霍桑的《年轻的布朗先生》
"Young Goodman Brown," By Nathanial Hawthorne...
19世纪美国浪漫主义小说家 他的著名小说之一
他们还是讨厌
so stupid.
但是 当我
But when I...
但当我将吉米·高登三部曲放在桌上的时候
when I set the table with the Jimmy Gold trilogy,
我想我抓住他们的心了
I think I had them.
给他们点时间他们自己会去看的了
Wait'll they actually read them.
你知道 约翰总是说一定要抓住他们的命根子
You know, John always said you gotta grab 'em by the balls.
当然了 法律不允许我那样做
Course, I'm not allowed to do that.
嗯 因为你又没有
Yeah. It's not fair.
怎么了
What's the matter?
也许我就是梦里的撒旦
Maybe I'm the Satan in the dream.
嗯 为什么这么说
Okay. Why?
和我亲近的的每个人都会受伤
Everybody I touch suffers...
包括我的妻子 女儿 珍妮 还有卢
my wife, my daughter, Janey, now Lou.
- 噢 别想那么多了 - 你最好也小心一点吧
- Oh, come on. - You better mind yourself.
耐心听我说完吧
Nah, just bear with me.
我记得在"地狱"中
From what I remember in "The Inferno"...
但丁形容撒旦
Dante talked about Satan as a...
是虚无的 不存在的
a nonentity, kind of an absence,
对我家人而言 我也一样
which I definitely was for my family.
他说空虚使人痛苦
He said that the empty sack causes the suffering.
而你曾经说我同躯壳一般
And you called me an empty sack yourself once.
不 不
No, no. No.
我说你的人生是空虚的
I said your life was empty.
我是说过
Yes, I did.
可但丁说的是空虚的灵魂
And Dante... Dante spoke of the empty soul,
而非躯壳
not an empty sack.
没什么差别
Same difference.
你同那些空虚的灵魂一点都不同
You are so far from being an empty soul.
你是真的担心她
You're really worried about her.
卢
Lou.
她落到如此境地
She's fucked.
是我的责任
My doing.
不是所有事都是你的责任
Not everything is your doing.
但这件事是
But this one is.
东西给我
Give it to me.
好了
Okay.
我们得等到屋里没人的时候
We wait till everybody's out.
怎么了
What?
没事
Nothing.
好吧 其实是有点事的
Okay, not nothing. Something.
- 只是我也不知道是什么事 - 妈
- Only I don't know what it is. - Mom.
你最近有点反常
You are not yourself these days.
回了家就钻进屋子
You come home, you go to your room,
埋头看书
and you bury yourself in your books.
所以我们从
What, So we've gone from,
"上楼做作业"
"Go upstairs and do your homework,"
到"别上楼做作业了"吗
to, "Don't go upstairs and do your homework"?
别暗讽我
Okay, don't you dare insult me.
我可不傻
I am not stupid.
是因为女生吗
Is it a girl?
什么
What?
女生对男生的情绪
Teenage girls can wreak emotional havoc
会造成巨大影响
on teenage boys.
- 跟女生没关系 老妈 - 我也是过来人
- There's no girl, Mom. - I was one.
有时候男生
Sometimes teenage boys
会让女生怀孕
can get teenage girls pregnant.
我的天 老妈
Mom, for God's sake.
但是大部分时候 男生们都不予负责
But mostly, teenage boys tend to be carefree.
早上好
Morning.
你要去法庭吗
You going to court?
他们说今天就要判决了
They say it's gonna happen today.
再也不会有审判前发生的这些荒唐事了
No more of this... pretrial nonsense.
你不去上学吗
No school?
待会就走
I'm about to leave.
我先做完这项作业
Just gotta finish this assignment.
我不知道你为什么觉得自己得到场呢
I don't know why you feel the need to be there.
因为我知道为什么 玛乔丽
Because I do, Marjorie.
这样的对话我们还要进行多少次
How many times are we gonna have this conversation?
我只是...
I just...
什么
What?
你做的更好了
You're doing better.
我知道你尽力了
I... I see you trying,
而且你确实做的更好了
and you're doing better.
我担心这一切都会被打乱
I worry that all of this is gonna stir all of that up again.
我跟你说过我会重新来过的
I told you I'd make my way back.
这正是我在做的事
That's what I'm doing.
这...
This is...
大概就是必经之路吧
a part of that journey, I guess,
我一定得到场
but I have to be there.
我不明白出了什么问题
I don't understand the problem.
问题是
The problem is,
尽管大部分人不能进来
while most people couldn't get in here,
尽管招聘会屠♥杀♥案的受害者
special accommodations were made
都被安置到特殊住处
for victims of the jobs fair massacre.
但人们支持被告的情绪依旧高涨
This room and the deck has been emotionally stacked
已经充斥着整间屋子 整个外场了
in favor of the defense.
等等 你是在说
W-wait a second. Are you telling me
你看看外面
that you can look out there
就能认出招聘会上的受害者吗
and readily identify victims of the jobs fair?
法官阁下 我是在说
I'm telling you what is, Your Honor,
与流言不同 陪审团成员不傻
and contrary to the rumor, juries are not stupid.
他们会察言观色
They will read those faces.
他会指向人们
He will point to them like props,
利用人们对布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德的怨恨
exploit the hatred against Brady Hartsfield
得出符合大众期望的论证
to make the populist argument...
等等 你现在了解我的案子了
Oh, wait, so you know my case now.
我了解你 我也有个很好的主意
I know you, and I have a pretty good idea.
第六修正案保证被告
The Sixth Amendment guarantees the defendant
有权接收公开审判
the right to a public trial.
- 但你不能做出择优挑选... - 我没有选任何人
- But you cannot cherry-pick... - I didn't cherry-pick anybody.
- 那好 - 法♥院♥有责任
- All right. - And the court has a duty
把无关的影响排除在法庭之外
to keep extraneous influences out of the courtroom
否则将玷污法庭的威严
which may serve to contaminate
法官阁下 我提议司法程序
the process of justice, Your Honor.
布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德撞倒了这些人
Brady Hartsfield ran down those people
或者他们的亲属
or members of their families...
你居然说他们没有直接联♥系♥
you call them extraneous?
这正是我在说的
This is exactly what I'm talking about!
提议否决
Motion denied.
请把我的反对意见记录在案
I want my objection on the record.
当然 会记录的
Of course you do. So noted.
先请被告 再请陪审团
Bring in the defendant first then the jury.
她脸色不太好
She doesn't look good.
是的
No.
她终于要去市场了
Looks like Miss Piggy is finally off to market.
莫里斯 怎么这么紧张 这事很简单
Why so nervous, Morris? This is a simple B and E.
又不是让你朝着
Not like you'll need to be
什么社会名流头上开枪
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表