剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
一般像罗斯坦这样的人去世了
Usually when a guy like Rothstein dies,
他初版书的价值都会直冲顶峰
the value of his first editions goes through the roof.
但我不是说他就能赚很多
I mean, it's not like he's gonna make more.
不过当然也跟书的情况有关
Mm, it depends on the book's condition, of course.
但是最贵的话 按照我们说的情况
But high end, we're talking...
十万美元吧
$100,000.
可能还要更贵
Maybe more.
十万吗
$100,000?
其它东西呢 比如...
What about something else, like, uh...
我不懂 他的签名
I don't know, his autograph?
我卖♥♥过一些
Yeah, I've sold a few of those.
单签名 或许几千美金
If it's just his signature, maybe a few thousand bucks.
要是签在他写的信上
But if it's on a letter he wrote,
原版的话
something original,
可能比第一版还值钱
could be worth more than the first editions, even.
能值钱多少
How much more?
至少数十万
Hundreds of thousands at least.
还是一页的费用
And that's for a one-pager.
如果是封长信
If it's a long letter about something,
那就至少一百万了
could be worth a million at least.
我很欣赏对文学感兴趣的年轻人
I like to see young people getting into literature.
和你说啊
Tell you what.
我找找有没你能力范围内的东西
Let me see if I can find something in your range.
把你的各种联♥系♥方式留下
Got all sorts of contacts out there.
把电♥话♥ 邮箱留下 我会...
You leave me your telephone number, your email, I'll...
我... 突然想起来 我要迟到了
Oh, I'm, uh... I just... I just realized I'm late for something.
我一会儿回来
Um, uh, I'll be back later.
没留他的名字吗
You didn't get his name?
他还说什么了
What else did he say?
不 安德鲁 准确点 那孩子说什么了
No, exactly, Andrew. What did the kid say?
知道吗 兄弟 一会儿打给你
Um, you know what? Actually, buddy, I'm gonna call you back.
怎么了
What's going on?
没事
Uh, nothing.
听上去可不像是没事
Sounds like a pretty big deal for nothing.
就是... 工作琐事
Just... work shit.
工作琐事
Work shit?
庭院工程
Landscape work shit or
还是六号♥公路房♥产的事情
Route Six real estate work shit?
丹妮尔 我真心想让你...
Danielle, I really need you...
想让你别再折磨我
I really need you to stop breaking my balls.
好的
Okay.
莫里斯 我不会折磨你了
I'm done breaking your balls, Morris.
能谈谈吗
Can we talk about this?
莫非你认为 谈谈
And you think, like, talking about it
我就能原谅你从十三岁...
is gonna make me okay with you banging this sick old lady
就和那个老女人上♥床♥吗
you've been fucking since you were 13...
- 丹妮尔... - 而且我们相处期间
- Danielle... - Who you've continued to fuck
你还继续上她
during our relationship?
我答应自己第二天再考虑
I promised myself I'd sleep on it,
那样就能接受事实而且不鲁莽行事
that I'd absorb it all and not act rash.
所以现在全接受了
So here it is fully absorbed.
我先去上班 然后回来
I'm gonna go to work, and then I'm gonna come back
收拾东西 因为我受够了
and I'm gonna get all my stuff, because I am done.
休想就这么出去
You cannot just walk out!
把你的手拿开
Get your fucking hands off of me.
丹妮尔...
Danielle...
把手拿开
Remove your fucking hands.
妈的
Fuck!
我没看过 但罗斯坦把这些归为税务记录
I've never looked, but Rothstein listed these as tax records.
好的
Okay.
软盘
Floppy disks.
我看过这些东西
Yeah, I read about these.
有能读这些东西的电脑吗
I mean, do you even have a computer that can read these?
相信吗 我们有
Believe it or not, we do.
我到底要看什么
So what exactly am I looking at?
根据馆藏目录
Well, according to the library catalog,
这些是罗斯坦的纳税申报单
these are Rothstein's tax returns.
但他把这些照片藏在一个子文件夹里
But he kept these photos hidden in a subfile.
这些是什么
What are these?
莫非他把上过的女人都留底了
Like, he kept files on the women he slept with or something?
这人真变♥态♥
The guy was a perv.
也说得通 因为吉米·戈尔德就是个厌恶女性的变♥态♥
Which makes sense because Jimmy Gold was a misogynistic perv.
开始是 但后来他长大了
Mm, yeah, in the beginning, but he grew up.
戈尔德长大了
Gold grew up.
可罗斯坦没有
Rothstein didn't.
你不能因艺术家而评判艺术 知道吗
Well, you can't judge the art by the artist, though, you know?
恨一个人可以 但别诋毁他的作品
I mean, hate the man, but don't throw out the work.
卡拉瓦乔杀过人
Caravaggio killed people.
米开朗基罗·梅里西·卡拉瓦乔 意大利著名画家 被称为犯罪记录最多的艺术家
切里尼是个强♥奸♥犯
Cellini was a rapist.
本韦努托·切利尼 意大利文艺复兴时期的金匠、画家、雕塑家、战士和音乐家,还写过一本著名的自传
听着 我有其他发现
Listen, I have something else.
这些更贴近生活
And it hits a little closer to home.
你指什么
How do you mean?
这个女人
That woman.
把图放大
Blow those up.
艾达
Ida.
完全没理由紧张
There's no reason to be nervous.
要检查大脑
About to get my head examined.
让我有点... 有点紧张
Makes me a little... little nervous.
- 你难道不会吗 - 有道理
- Wouldn't it you? - Fair enough.
- 不 - 什么意思
- No. - I beg your pardon?
这不公平 一点都不公平
It's not fair enough. It's not fair at all.
布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德杀了很多人
Brady Hartsfield killed a lot of people.
要不是我阻止 他还会继续杀人
And he would have continued to do so had I not stopped him.
好的 但今天要做的和布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德没关系
Okay, what we're doing today isn't about Brady Hartsfield.
一切都和布雷迪有关
Everything is about Brady.
好吧 也许是对的
Well, whether that may be true,
这关系到我们下一步该怎么办
this is about how we move forward.
这个检测与你
This examination does not concern your mental capacity
开枪时的智能没关系
at the time of the shooting.
或者说 我只关心你现在的心理状态
Rather, I'm only interested in your current state of mind
以及你是否具备为自己辩护的能力
and your ability to form a defense strategy.
你有法律方面的经验吗
Do you have any experience with the legal system?
有 我的...
Uh, yeah, my...
我的经验就是法律是行不通的
experience is that it doesn't work.
好吧 能具体说说吗
Okay. Could you elaborate on that?
好吧...
Well...
不能提到布雷迪
not to dwell on Brady, which, uh,
你说和他没关系
you say this has nothing to do with.
他杀过很多人
He killed many,
并且最终被捕
he was finally caught,
但没有遭到报应
and instead of seeking retribution,
联邦政♥府♥颁布了人身保护♥法♥
the federal government filed a habeas corpus
为了人类的福祉
to gain custody
拘留他
and study his brain
还研究他的大脑
for the betterment of all mankind.
当法律将连环杀人犯视为社会的意外之财
When the law sees in a serial killer a windfall for society,
那我认为法律
that tells me that the law
以及法律制度糟糕透了
and the legal system are a little bit fucked.
目前我的关注点是你能不能
My focus right now is whether you'll be able
有效地参与到这个制度
to effectively participate in the system,
能不能有效地
whether you'll be able to contribute meaningfully
为自己辩护
to your own defense.
卢
Lou.
没事吧
Are you okay?
没事 我在思考...
Yeah. I'm just, uh, processing that...
这个问题
that, uh, question.
这个问题很好 我能...
It's a good question. Um, I can...
为自己辩护 因为我...
contribute to my own defense because I...
我孤身一人 所以必须这么做
I'm on my own, so I must.
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表