剧集 | 曼哈顿计划(2014) | 导航列表
研究那些肉眼看不到的粒子
dreaming about invisible particles,
突然间他们把世界大战的关键交到我手上
and suddenly they handed me the keys to a world war.
真是世事难料
Explain that.
这里会有些人♥事♥变♥动♥
There's gonna be some changes around here.
是因为英国人要加入瘦子计划吗
'Cause the Brits are joining Thin Man?
不 不仅仅是因为那帮
No, this is bigger than a bunch of
饱受战争之苦的理论学家
shell-shocked theoretical men.
现在核反应堆已经建好并正常运行
Now that the reactor's up and running,
我要开始往返于芝加哥
I'm gonna be back and forth between Chicago,
华盛顿 天晓得还有哪些地方
DC, God knows where else.
设计已经完成 是时候开始搭建了
We're through designing. It's time to build.
已经决定设计方案了吗
The design is locked?
我知道你和某些组员
Now, I know that you've had your differences
有意见分歧 尤其是兰斯菲尔德
with some of the rest of the group, Lancefield in particular.
不能再这样了
That's gonna have to change.
我出差时 需要一名副手
I'm appointing a number two
负责处理事务 让英国人跟上我们的进度
to mind the shop, get the Brits up to speed while I'm away.
在芝加哥时我是汤姆·兰斯菲尔德的导师
Now I mentored Tom Lancefield in Chicago
看着他凭一己之力
and have watched him become
成长为一名优秀的物理学家
a fine physicist in his own right.
他是现下的最佳人选
He's the natural choice.
但不是我的最佳人选 查理
But he's not my choice, Charlie.
你才是
You are.
先生
Sir?
答应我你会努力提高你的交际能力
Promise me you're gonna work on your people skills
否则你会和法兰克·温特一个下场
or you'll wind up like Frank Winter.
别高兴得太早 升官但是不加薪
Don't get your hopes up. Title doesn't come with a raise.
我不知道该说什么
I'm not sure what to say.
就说你不会
Well, say that you won't make me look bad
让我在美国总统面前难堪
in front of the President of the United States.
现在决定权在你手上
You have your hand on the rudder.
六百名员工随时为你待命
A staff of 600 at your beck and call.
你刚刚升职了
You just got a promotion.
笑一笑又不会死
It wouldn't kill you to smile.
我能考虑一下吗
Can I think about it?
我不确定自己是不是管理的料子
I'm not sure I'm management material.
我受够了你这种犹豫不决 查理
You know, I'm getting a little tired of this waffling, Charlie.
绝望的年代需要意志坚决的人
Desperate times require men of conviction.
明天前 让我看看
You have till tomorrow
你是否是时代所需的人才
to decide if you're one of them.
他们说他是个反♥社♥会♥
They say he was antisocial
一点都不了解社交
and knew nothing about people.
典型的剑桥人
Typical of a Cambridge man.
他到死都还是处♥男♥
He did die a virgin, after all.
但我一直相信艾萨克·牛顿
But I've always believed Isaac Newton
以自己的方式贯彻着人道主义
to be a humanist in his way.
万有引力定律不仅适用于物
The law of universal gravitation applies to men
更适用于人
just as to objects.
比如我们两个
Consider the two of us.
确实 真的很巧
Oh, yes. Quite a coincidence.
不 保罗
Oh, no, Paul.
这么多年后 咱俩又因万有引力相遇
You and I after so many years have been drawn together once more
是有原因的
by the cosmos for a reason.
奥克利博士请我喝了
Dr. Akley plied me with an 1♥8♥9♥6 Margaux
战前他就收藏着的
which he'd been holding
1♥8♥9♥6年的玛尔戈红葡萄酒
in his collection since before the war.
但那对克罗斯利大人来说
But then, that's mere table wine
只能算佐餐酒吧
in Lord Crosley's cellar,
对吗
isn't it?
克罗斯利大人
Lord Crosley?
他没告诉过你吗
He didn't tell you?
乔治三世给他曾祖父
George III deeded his great grandfather
在梅菲尔区分封的土地比西敏公爵还要多
more land in Mayfair than the Duke of Westminster.
[伦敦高级住♥宅♥区]
太夸张了
A bit of an exaggeration.
别谦虚 你的人可是
Oh, please, a few well-placed fire bombs
身份尊贵 地位无上啊 温特博士
and your man here is sitting on the throne, Dr. Winter.
我以后会记得鞠躬的
I'll make sure and curtsey.
给我们拿瓶你们这儿
Bring us the sweetest,
最甜最腻的酒来 亲爱的
wettest bottle you have, love.
如果你想让我去你们的酒窖
And let me know if you'd like me
自己挑也可以
to go down in your cellar to pick it out.
我们没那么多可选的酒 先生
We have a very limited list, sir.
但我会把账单拿来
But I'll bring you the check.
记在保罗的账上
Put it on Paul's tab.
保罗从牛津大学毕业后
Paul joined you at the National Physical Lab
就在国家物理实验室为你工作吧
after Oxford, correct?
是以全班第一名毕业
First in his class.
我怎么能拒绝
How could I have turned him down?
他的工作很出色
His work was excellent,
社交能力更是无人能及
but his company was beyond compare.
他过去常给我妻子和家人讲故事呢
He used to regale my wife and family with tales about,
讲的什么来着 沃本修道院吧
what was it, Woburn Abbey?
你还记得和我们一起过圣诞节的事吗
You recall all those Christmases you spent with us?
当时吃的鹅肝酱现在都没消化呢
Still cleaning the foie gras out of my arteries.
-贺加斯夫人还好吗 -死了
- How is Mrs. Hogarth? - Dead.
请节哀顺变
My condolences.
有段时间我甚至希望
There was a time when I hoped
克罗斯利能爱上我女儿呢
Crosley would take a shine to my daughter.
我看今晚就到这儿吧 先生们
Do you think maybe we should call it a night, gentlemen?
我明天还要早起
I, um -- we have an early start.
睡前再来一杯
A night cap.
我们还有事要和贺加斯博士谈
There are a few things we should discuss with Dr. Hogarth.
也许克罗斯利大人是对的
Perhaps Lord Crosley's right.
我也得准备明早八点和奥克利博士的会面
I have an 8:00 meeting with Dr. Akley I should prepare for.
就一杯
One drink.
贺加斯博士
Dr. Hogarth,
我想和您谈谈您对于内爆的研究
I'd like to talk to you about your work on implosion.
我今天和瘦子计划的小组谈的很愉快
I enjoyed getting to know the Thin Man team today.
但是这个冬天对我这个
But it's been a long winter
欧洲鳏夫来说真是太漫长了
for a lonely widower in Europe.
而且奥克利拒绝了
And there's one comfort
我的一个请求
Akley declined to point me towards.
坐好 放松 测试没有错误答案
Sit back and relax. There are no wrong answers.
斯坦利·丘奇
Stanley Church.
我们认识吗
Do I know you?
你九个月前曾和一位女士面谈过
You interviewed a woman maybe nine months back.
莱莎·温特 而且没让她通过
Liza Winter. Denied her clearance.
我不能谈论安保程序
I'm prohibited from discussing security procedures.
早知道你会这么说
Yeah, I figured you'd say that.
我也不想麻烦你
Look, I wouldn't bother you,
但她很有才华 而且心地善良
but this is a good woman with something to offer.
我想是你提出了错误的意见
I think you've made a recommendation in error.
我的工作并非提意见
I don't make recommendations.
我只负责分♥析♥生理数据
I interpret physiological data
是否录用是由上级决定
and pass the findings on to my superiors.
那你就从没做出过错误判断吗
You've never passed along a false positive?
失陪了 我还要回家
If you'll excuse me, I have to get home.
回去干什么
What for?
好像家里有妻子等你似的
Not like you have a wife waiting up for you.
你说什么
I'm sorry?
我们有个共同的熟人呢
We have an acquaintance in common.
军械部的海登下士
Corporal Hayden from the Ordnance Division.
他以前提起过你
He mentioned you a while back.
我想我们有许多共同语言
Thought we'd have a lot to talk about.
两个中年单身汉
A couple of middle-aged bachelors.
我不明白你到底想说什么
I'm not sure of what you're implying.
我想我们都有权拥有一两个小秘密 不是吗
I think we're all entitled to a secret or two, don't you?
听着 帮我个忙
Now listen, you do me a favor.
调出莱莎·温特的档案
Pull Liza Winter's file,
再看一遍那些生理数据
剧集 | 曼哈顿计划(2014) | 导航列表