Well, first of all, she's pregnant.
首先 她现在有孕在身
Just like her mom.
跟她妈一样
Oh, that's okay though 'cause she's married, right?
因为她结婚了就不要紧了 是吧
Look, she said
听着 她说过
she loved the guy. What do you want from me?
她爱那家伙 你想从我这里得到什么
Yeah, I would ask what you were thinking,
是啊 我也会问你在想什么
but I don't... I don't see much of that going on here.
但我不 我不觉得能从你嘴里问出点什么
Oh, you come to my house to insult me?
你来我家就是为了羞辱我是吗
How much did Garrett pay you? For what?
盖瑞特付给你多少钱 为了什么
Are you stuck on stupid, Marcus?
你真的这么傻吗 马库斯
How much did he pay you to sign the consent form?
他给了你多少钱才让你签署了同意书
Fine.
好吧
Okay, okay.
行吧 行吧
He gave me ten grand.
他给了我一万美元
They're married?
他们结婚了吗
Under Missouri law, it's perfectly legal.
在密苏里州法律下 非常合法
The duly authorized license is attached to our papers.
正式授权的许可证就附在我们的文件最后
I saw it. That doesn't mean I believe it.
我读过 但不意味着我就会相信
And I hope that one of you will tell me why
我希望你们当中有谁能告诉我
I don't have to give full faith and credit
为什么我不必给予兄弟州的法律
to our sister state's law.
充分信任与尊重
As noted in our Motion to Annul,
正如我们的动议中所说要求废除
Missouri Law requires consent of a blood relative.
密苏里法律要求血亲签署的同意书
It is our position that Mr. Tolliver
我方认为托利弗先生
was not acting under his own free will when he consented.
在签署同意书的时候并非是自愿的
How so? He was bribed, Your Honor.
怎么会 他收受贿赂了 法官大人
He was hard up. I gave him some cash.
他手头紧张 我给了他一些现金
How much? I don't recall.
有多少 我不记得了
$10,000 is hard to forget.
一万美元不是那么容易忘怀
And you've changed your mind, Mr. Tolliver?
你改变主意了是吗 托利弗先生
She's only 13, Judge.
她只有13岁 法官大人
I don't know what I was thinking.
我不知道我当时在想什么
Okay, Mr. Stone,
好吧 斯通先生
I assume that your motion isn't purely altruistic.
我想你的动议也并非纯粹无私吧
What is your real agenda here?
你真正的目的是什么
Mr. Howard is currently on trial for Manslaughter.
霍华德先生现在正在因过失杀人罪受审
And you'd like to call the young lady as witness.
你想传唤这位年轻女士作为证人
The trial is continued until this matter can be resolved.
直到这起事件结束庭审才会继续
I see.
明白
We'll take a five minute break
我们先休息五分钟
and then I will hear from the bride.
之后我会听听新娘怎么说
I think I've always loved him.
我想我一直爱着他
From the first time I saw him.
从我第一次见他起
When was that?
那是什么时候
When he started dating Mom.
当他开始跟妈妈约会的时候
He made us so happy.
他给我们带来欢乐
He would read me his books before bed.
在我睡前他给我读书
His voice was like gold or something.
他的声音好听的像金子一样
I always got goosebumps.
听的我起鸡皮疙瘩
So you loved him like you would a rock star?
所以你喜欢他就像喜欢摇滚明星一样吗
No. A father?
不 父亲吗
I wouldn't know about that.
这就不知道了
I've never had a father.
我从未有过父亲
Your Honor, that man sitting right there,
法官大人 那个坐在那边的男人
I don't even know him.
我甚至都不认识他
He left before I was even born
我出生之前他就离开了
and any law that says I need his permission to be happy
如果有什么法律说我需要他的允许才能得到欢愉
is a stupid law.
那法律是愚蠢的
And I love him like a wife loves a husband.
我对他就好像夫妻之爱一样
Like your mother loved him. That's right.
就好像你母亲爱他一样 是这样
What do you think she would say about your marriage?
你觉得你母亲会怎么评价你的婚姻呢
She'd be happy that I found a good man,
她会很高兴我找到一个不错的对象
just like she did.
就像她当年一样
You mean the same man, don't you?
你是说同一个男人 对吧
You don't know anything.
你又不知道的
Before Mom died, she told me to take care of him.
在母亲去世前 她让我照顾好他
I doubt this is what she meant.
我觉得她本意不是这样
That's enough. Okay.
已经够了 好了
A court in the state of Missouri has already found
密苏里州的法庭已经认定
that Mr. Tolliver's consent is valid.
托利弗先生的同意是有效的
As such, barring fraud, I am collaterally estopped...
即便这样 除欺诈外 我是被禁止反言的
The father was bribed to consent, Your Honor.
父亲是受贿后才同意的 法官大人
Your bribe is Mr. Howard's charitable contribution.
你所谓的贿赂就是霍华德先生的慈善捐助
As I was saying, I'm collaterally estopped
正如我所说的 在认定托利弗先生的同意书
from finding Mr. Tolliver's consent invalid.
是否无效一事上我是被禁止反言的
As such, giving full faith and credit to Missouri law,
如上所述 因密苏里州的法律已给予充分的信任和尊重
I hold that the marriage is valid in New York.
我认为这桩婚姻在纽约州是合法的
You're telling me this marriage is kosher?
你是在告诉我这桩婚姻是合适的吗
According to Judge Calahan in the Family Court, it is.
家事法♥院♥的卡拉翰法官认为是合适的
Ergo Mackenzie cannot testify against my client.
因此迈肯齐无法作不利于我的当事人的证明
Because of the sensitive nature of the relationship between
鉴于迈肯齐与我方当事人之间
Mackenzie and my client,
关系敏感
I move that any mention of said relationship be prohibited.
我方提出动议禁止在庭审上提及上述关系
On what grounds? Clearly, said relationship
基于什么 很显然 上述关系
is more prejudicial than probative.
比起缓刑而言更偏见
Your client is on trial for killing his wife's teacher.
你的当事人在为杀死妻子的老师而受审
His marital status is surely relevant.
他的婚姻状况当然有关
All due respect, Your Honor,
恕我直言 法官大人
you literally turned green when I brought it up.
当我提及此事的时候你就开了绿灯
Truth be told, I'm feeling a little ill right now.
实话实说 我现在感觉不舒服
That's my point exactly.
我就是这个意思
A jury will convict him based on
陪审团将会基于
his alternative marriage status
他的另类婚姻状况
and not because of his actions.
而非他的行为来做出审判
Let's just get this over with, shall we?
我们就这样翻篇了 行吧
Mr. Kayman's Motion to exclude references
凯曼先生提出的动议
to the marriage is granted.
不许提及婚姻已被批准
We'll pick this up where we left off,
我们还是明天上午十点
tomorrow morning, 10:00 a.m.
再继续讨论
Yeah.
是啊
Your Honor.
法官大人
This is preposterous.
这真是荒谬
So the law doesn't care how sick this is.
法律可管不上这事儿有多变♥态♥
Look, bottom line, to a jury,
底线是 对于陪审团而言
Garrett's just an irate father who confronted the man
盖瑞特就是一个愤怒的父亲
he thought was sleeping with his stepdaughter.
前去质疑跟自己女儿发♥生♥关♥系♥的人
Even though he's the one that was raping her.
尽管他自己才是真正实施强♥奸♥的那个人
Yeah, it's not statutory rape if they're married.
是啊 如果他们结婚了就不是法定强♥奸♥罪
Bet you thought you'd never say that.
相信你以为这话你是说不出口的
Hey, Stone, I looked into those dates you asked me to.
斯通 你让我查的那几个日期 我看过了
Mackenzie's first OB-GYN appointment
迈肯齐的首次妇科预约
was six months after they were married.
是在他们婚后六个月
Which means we can't prove he married her
这就是说我无法证明他与她结婚
just to avoid a rape charge.
就只是为了避免强♥奸♥罪名
What if he didn't?
如果不是呢
What if he really does love her?
如果他真心爱她吗
Then he'd protect her.
那他会保护她的
It's worth a shot.
值得一试
I want to see them tomorrow before the trial.
明天庭审之前我想见见他们
Okay, we're here.
好了 我们到了
Why? You got me.
为什么呢 你唬到我了
It's too late for a deal, Stone.
这时候来做控辩协议太晚了 斯通
I'm considering dropping the charges against your client.
我在考虑放弃对你当事人的指控
Thank you. Yeah, no thanks necessary.
谢谢 是啊 不必谢他
He wasn't going to win anyway.
他原本也不会赢的
I'm charging you, Mackenzie.
我们要起诉你 迈肯齐
What?
什么
You can't do that. Actually, he can.
你不想那么做 事实上 他可以
Mackenzie, you're the one who put the false idea in Garrett's head
迈肯齐 是你向盖瑞特灌输错误的念头
that you were sleeping with Mr. Dreyfus.
说你在和德莱弗斯先生上♥床♥
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表