那不是你的错
Who did this to you? Who hurt you?
是谁那样对你的 谁伤害了你
After school, we used to go to this play center.
放学后 我们经常去一家游戏中心
There was a counselor there, Vincent.
那里有个辅♥导♥员 文森特
He was about 20.
他大约二十岁
Taught me how to pick up grounders.
教会我如何接滚地球
Did he do something to Ben?
他对本做什么了吗
No, I wouldn't let him.
没有 我不会允许的
What kind of a brother would I be?
那我还能算是哥哥吗
Did he hurt you?
他伤害你了吗
I was only 12 years old, damn it.
我那时才十二岁 他妈的
What kind of a person...
什么人会对孩子
There was a guy called Vincent.
有一个叫文森特的男人
The guy was always around.
他总是出现在周围
And, um,
而且
the first time
第一次
was in the locker room when nobody else was there.
是在更衣室 当时那里没有其他人
He said, uh,
他说
"This is what big boys do."
「大男孩都这样做」
Don't tell him. Don't tell my brother.
不要告诉他 不要告诉我弟弟
Did you ever tell anyone, Ben?
你告诉过谁吗 本
Oh, who would I tell?
我还能告诉谁
Your brother. Oh!
你哥哥 算了吧
He would've laughed at me.
他肯定会笑话我的
I mean, I was the older brother.
我是说 我是做大哥的
I was supposed to protect him. How could I tell him about...
我本应该保护他 我怎么能告诉他
Your father?
告诉你父亲了吗
Ah, he'd get mad at me, if I didn't get an A on a test.
如果我考试没得优 他会对我发脾气
He would always say, "It's your fault."
他总是会说「都是你的错」
Your mother?
你母亲呢
Of course not.
当然没有
Why?
为什么
She would've thought I was dirty.
她肯定会认为我很肮脏
She wouldn't have loved me anymore.
她会不再爱我了
They were both abused as kids, Peter.
他们小时候都受到过虐待 彼得
And conveniently, they didn't say anything
而就这么巧 他们又什么都没说
until they were charged with murdering their mother.
直到被指控谋杀了他们的母亲
I believe them.
我相信他们
And I'll do my best to get it excluded at trial.
我会在庭审时尽力将这份证词排除在外
Look, you won't have to. Neither of them will admit it.
根本不需要 他们肯定都不会承认
They won't even admit it to each other.
他们甚至彼此之间都没有坦白过
So that's that, then. Look, the M.E.'s report
那就只能这样 法医报告指出
said that Rose's cancer cost her intolerable pain.
罗丝的癌症导致无法忍♥受的疼痛
You and I both know that that doesn't matter.
你我都知道那已经不重要了
Cut them a deal.
给他们认罪协议
I worked one out with their attorney.
我和他们的律师制定了一个
One year jail time. Ten years probation.
服刑一年 十年的服缓刑
Well, that's generous.
条件挺不错的
They turned it down.
他们都拒绝了
Look, they are sympathetic defendants.
听着 他们是令人同情的被告
Until the jury hears that they kept Mom's body on ice
直到陪审团听到他们把自己妈妈的尸体
in the basement.
藏在地下室的冰柜里
When push comes to shove, this is a trial about love,
到了紧要关头 才是对爱的考验
the love of two boys for their mother.
两个儿子对自己母亲的爱
You know, it always struck me as odd.
要知道 对此我总是感觉很奇怪
The law says that
法律规定
a mother has to take care of her kids when they're young.
母亲必须要照顾她的年幼的孩子
You would think there would be a law that says
你会认为法律肯定也会规定
they have to take care of her when she gets old...
孩子也必须在母亲年老或生病时
or sick.
照顾她
Rose Edelman got sick, very sick.
罗丝·埃德尔曼生病了 病得很严重
Her doctor said that she had six months to live.
她的医生说她只能活六个月了
And then she died.
后来她去世了
Now, Mr. Stone will stand here and tell you
现在 斯通先生会站在这里告诉你们
that her two sons murdered her...
她的两个儿子谋杀了她
her two loving sons,
她深爱的两个儿子
the boys who cooked for her, bathed her,
他们为她烧饭 为她洗澡
made sure that she took her medicine.
确保她按时吃药
The boys who loved her so much that when she passed,
他们甚至爱她爱到在她去世后
they couldn't bear to see her buried
他们无法忍♥受将她埋到
in 6 feet of dirt out in Queens,
皇后区六尺之下冰冷的泥土中
an entrée for hungry worms...
变成蛆虫的盛宴
or worse yet,
或者更糟的
shoved into a flaming hot oven,
被推进火葬炉
with what's left of her kept in a jar on a mantel
再被装进起居室壁炉架上的
in a living room.
骨灰盒里
Joe and Ben loved their mother Rose so much,
乔和本深爱着他们的母亲罗丝
they kept her as she was
他们保留住她原本的样子
and where she wanted to be: in her home.
留在她想要待在的地方 自己的家里
If you ask me, that's love.
如果你问我 那就是爱
Call your first witness, Mr. Stone.
请传你的第一位证人 斯通先生
No.
不用了
No, that's enough.
不 我受够了
Mr. Edelman... No, Judge.
埃德尔曼先生 不 法官大人
Mr. Edelman, sit down.
埃德尔曼先生 请坐
No. No, Judge.
不 不 法官大人
I did it.
是我♥干♥的
I killed my mother.
我杀了我母亲
I did it.
是我♥干♥的
Ben had nothing to do with this.
本跟这事一点关系都没有
I did it,
是我♥干♥的
and I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry, Mama.
我很抱歉 妈妈
So ve...
非常
I need an ambulance. Part 29, Supreme Court.
我需要辆救护车 高等法♥院♥ 第29审判庭
Here.
过来
Hey, hold him... hold him up.
扶着他 把他扶起来
You stupid son of a bitch!
你这个愚蠢的老混♥蛋♥
Always the martyr. Look what you did.
总是一副殉道者的姿态 看看你都干了什么
You shmuck!
你个笨蛋
Massive coronary.
冠状动脉血栓
So stupid.
真傻
So stupid.
太傻了
You're so stupid, always hogging the stage.
你太傻了 你老是争风头
Stupid...
傻瓜
Stupid...
傻瓜
Okay, Ben, your brother's still protecting you, huh?
好了 本 你哥哥依然在保护你 对吗
But what do I have left to protect?
我还有什么值得保护的
Nothing.
没有了
What?
怎么了
Doctor. Out.
医生 请出去
Okay, come on.
好了 过来吧
Give them some room to do their job.
让他们做自己的工作
No, what's happening? What's happening?
不 怎么回事 这是怎么了
Let me know. I wanna know what's happening.
告诉我 我想知道到底是怎么了
Let them do their job.
别妨碍他们工作
Let's give them some room. What's going on?
给他们腾出地方 到底怎么了
Let's give them some room, okay?
我们得给他们让出地方 好吗
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Can I... Sure.
我能不能 当然
I'll go officially drop the charges against Ben.
我会正式撤销对本的指控
Okay.
好的
Thank you.
谢谢你
Well, his name was Vincent
他的名字叫文森特
from the Center.
在游戏中心工作
I know I should have told you...
我知道我本该告诉你的
But I just didn't have the strength.
但我就是没有那个勇气
But I... I remember it as if it was today,
但是一切我都记得清清楚楚
the way his spotted hand sorta jerked forward
当时他伸出那只肮脏的手
and landed so heavily on top of my head.
然后用力按住了我的头
Retreat or...
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表