is that she's in eighth grade.
她现在才八年级
How did she know that?
她怎么会知道
You think she wanted Garrett to kill Dreyfus?
你认为她想让盖瑞特杀了德莱弗斯
A teenager? I don't think she thinks anything through.
十几岁的孩子 我觉得不可能有这么深的心机
But I know that she's protecting somebody
但我知道她在保护某人
and my... my gut tells me that it's Garrett.
而且我的直觉告诉我是盖瑞特
I'll just have to put her on the stand to find out.
我只需传她上庭就能知道了
My Lieutenant and I rushed over
我的警督和我赶到
to Mr. Dreyfus's apartment.
德莱弗斯先生的公♥寓♥
Mr. Dreyfus was on the floor.
德莱弗斯先生躺在地板上
He was dead
已经死了
and Garrett Howard was sitting on the couch
盖瑞特·霍华德坐在沙发上
holding a bowling trophy.
拿着一个保龄球奖杯
Was this the trophy, Detective?
是这个奖杯吗 警探
Yes.
是的
Huh. I mean this... this could really do some damage.
我想说 这玩意杀伤力可不小
Objection.
反对
You made your point, Mr. Stone.
你表明自己观点了 斯通先生
That's all.
我问完了
When you arrive at the deceased's apartment,
在你到达死者的公♥寓♥时
did Mr. Howard try to run?
霍华德先生有没有试图逃跑
No.
没有
Did he deny hitting Mr. Dreyfus with the trophy?
他有没有否认用那个奖杯打了德莱弗斯
No. Did he say anything to you?
没有 他对你说什么了吗
He said, "I didn't mean to."
他说「我不是故意的」
Thank you, Detective.
谢谢你 警探
Witness may step down.
证人可以退席了
The people call Mackenzie Tolliver.
检方传迈肯齐·托利弗作证
Objection.
反对
She's 13 years old, Your Honor.
她已经13岁了 法官大人
She's perfectly competent to testify.
她完全有能力作证
Approach, Your Honor.
能否上前 法官大人
This better be good, Mr. Kayman.
你最好有充足理由 凯曼先生
Well?
怎么说
Well, this is a bit awkward.
这么说吧 有点尴尬
Objecting without grounds usually is.
无理由的反对通常都很尴尬
The proposed witness is unable to testify
提议的证人不能作证
because her communications with the defendant are privileged.
因为她与被告之前的交谈有保密特权
I'm sorry, I'm... I'm not aware
恕我孤陋寡闻 我怎么不知道
of any stepfather/stepdaughter privilege.
继父和继女之间还有保密特权
Neither am I, counselor.
我也不知道 律师
Yeah, but I'm sure you both are aware of spousal privilege.
没错 但我肯定二位都知道配偶保密特权
The defendant and Ms. Tolliver,
被告和托利弗女士
or should I say Mrs. Howard, are legally married.
还是我该称呼霍华德夫人 已经合法结婚
Here is the original marriage license.
这份是结婚证原件
It's from Missouri.
由密苏里州签发的
And a copy for you.
再给你一份副本
Well...
好吧
that's enough for today.
今天先到这里吧
We're adjourned.
现在休庭
The marriage license was duly recorded in a courthouse
结婚证于2018年8月27日于密苏里州
in Caruthersville, Missouri, on August 27, 2018.
卡罗瑟斯维尔的法♥院♥正式登记
It's a year after her mother died.
是在她母亲去世一年后
She was too young to even know what marriage means.
她还太小根本不知道婚姻是怎么回事
It's bonkers.
太疯狂了
Almost 20 states have no minimum age for marriage.
将近二十个州都没有结婚的最低年龄限制
Over 200,000 kids were married since 1999,
自1999年以来有二十多万名儿童结婚
some as young as 11.
有些孩子才11岁
Turns out Caruthersville is a real hot spot for child brides.
我还发现在卡罗瑟斯维尔有很多童养媳
So this marriage is legal.
所以这桩婚姻是合法的
Maybe. Under the Missouri statute,
也许吧 根据密苏里州法律
a child under 16 can get married
16岁以下儿童可以结婚
as long as they have the consent of a blood relative.
只要获得他们的直系亲属的同意
Okay.
好吧
Now this consent was executed by Marcus Tolliver.
这份同意书是由马库斯·托利弗签署的
That's Mackenzie's father. He's a junkie who's in the wind.
是迈肯齐的亲身父亲 他是个居无定所的瘾君子
Right, he was in Rikers, he did
是的 他之前被关在里克岛
three years for attempted burglary,
因为盗窃未遂被判了三年
he got released four years ago,
他在四年前被释放
and then nothing, until this.
然后就消失了 直到现在
Track him down. Relatives, family, friends.
把他找出来 亲戚 家人 朋友
She got a, uh, she's got an aunt in Connecticut,
那女孩 她在康涅狄格州有一个阿姨
Penelope Archer.
佩内洛普·阿彻
Go.
去吧
Why didn't she call me?
她怎么不给我打电♥话♥
She didn't do anything wrong.
她又没做什么错事
Garrett killed that man.
是盖瑞特杀了那个人
She's moving in with me, and that is it.
她要搬来和我一起住 就这么办了
It's... it's not that simple.
事情并没有那么简单
What are you talking about?
你到底在说什么
I will go to the courthouse and I will tell them that...
我会去法♥院♥而且我会告诉他们
Um, listen,
听我说
she and Garrett are married.
她和盖瑞特结婚了
She's 13.
她才13岁
Apparently that's legal in Missouri.
显然那在密苏里州是合法的
Missouri. Yeah, that's not all.
密苏里 是的 还有呢
She's pregnant.
她怀孕了
With his child?
怀了他的孩子
That's what they're saying.
他们是这么说的
Oh, my God.
我的上帝啊
Oh, that sick pervert.
那个恶心的变♥态♥
Were you and Mackenzie close?
你和迈肯齐关系好吗
I'm her aunt.
我是她的阿姨
When Angela died, I tried to get closer.
安吉拉去世时 我想和她搞好关系
I, you know, we'd go down into the city,
我 你懂的 我们一起去市里
for girls' trips,
女孩们的旅行
shopping, brunch.
购物 吃早午餐
But after a while, she started to shut me out
但在一段时间之后 她开始不理我了
and now I know why.
现在我知道原因了
I should've known. You can't blame yourself.
我应该知道的 你不必责怪自己
No, she should've been living here.
不 她本来应该住在这里
It's not like Garrett was even family.
盖瑞特连家人都算不上
Speaking of which,
提到家人
we're trying to locate Mackenzie's father.
我们想要找到迈肯齐的父亲
Now there's a first class screw-up for you.
他可是数一数二的极品
Seems like Angela had a thing for them.
安吉拉好像就喜欢这种类型
He went to prison, you know.
他蹲过监狱 你知道的吧
Have you spoken to him since he was released?
他出狱之后你们联♥系♥过吗
He came here asking for money after we buried Angela.
在安吉拉下葬之后他跑来要钱
"Pay up or I'll take Mackenzie."
「给钱不然我就带走迈肯齐」
So you paid him.
所以你就给他钱了
Christ.
天啊
You know, to think that I thought
要知道 我当时还觉得
Mackenzie would be better off with Garrett.
迈肯齐和盖瑞特待在一起会更好
I gave him about five grand in cash
我给了他五千美元现金
and I told him never come back here.
我告诉他不要再出现了
And when he's broke, he just calls.
当他没钱了 就打电♥话♥要钱
So you have his address.
所以你有他的地址
I have an old one.
有一个旧地址
Uh, he's not exactly the type
其实像他那种人
that stays in one place for long.
不会在一个地方待很久
Who are you? NYPD...
你是谁 纽约警♥察♥
I need to talk to Marcus Tolliver.
我需要跟马库斯·托利弗谈谈
Never heard of him. Lola, I need a lighter.
从没听说过她 罗拉 我需要打火机
Shall I introduce you?
帮你引荐一下吧
She's a cop.
她是警♥察♥
What the hell did you do this time?
你这次又犯了什么混
I'm here to talk to you about your daughter.
我是来跟你谈谈你女儿的
You have a kid? Oh, shut up.
你有孩子吗 闭嘴吧
Did something happen to Mack?
小迈发生了什么事吗
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表