The defendant admitted she murdered her family.
被告已经承认她谋杀了自己的家人
No, she did not... she stated that she killed them.
不 她没有 她只是表示自己杀了他们
It does not become murder until the people establish
这并不是谋杀 除非检方能证明
the necessary Mens Rea.
必要的犯罪意图
It is the defense position that a mental defect
我方抗辩理由是由于精神缺陷
prevented her from ever forming the requisite intent.
导致她无法形成必要的犯罪意图
Sustained.
反对有效
Please continue, Lieutenant.
请继续 警督
I spoke with her shortly after she killed her husband, Julian,
我是在她杀死了自己的丈夫 朱利安
her daughter, Rachel, and her son, Charlie.
她的女儿 蕾切尔 以及她的儿子 查理不久之后与她交谈过
And how did she act?
那么她有何反应
She was traumatized by their deaths,
他们的死亡对她打击沉重
she was emotional, she was disoriented.
她当时情绪激动 不知所措
Did she appear sane?
那她看起来精神正常吗
Yes. What about the last time
正常 那么你最后一次和她交谈
you spoke with her? I've been a cop for 20 years,
是什么样的 我当了二十年的警♥察♥
and never in my career
在我的警♥察♥生涯中
have I seen anything like this.
从来没见过这种事
She convinced herself that murdering her children
她自己深信谋杀她的孩子
and murdering her husband was the only choice.
以及谋杀她的丈夫是唯一的选择
So, this woman deserves to be in prison.
所以 这个女人必须得坐牢
She's not "Legally" Insane.
她不是法律意义上的精神失常
Thank you.
谢谢
How many years have you been a professional psychiatrist?
你做了多少年的专业心理医生了
I'm not a psychiatrist.
我不是心理医生
A psychologist?
是心理学家吗
I'm just a cop.
我只是个警♥察♥
So you really can't tell us whether or not Mrs. Mill
所以其实你并不能告诉我们
is a card-carrying schizophrenic who hears voices
米尔女士是不是确诊患有精神分♥裂♥症
telling her to kill her family.
脑子里有个声音在让她杀死家人
No, but the psychiatrist can.
不能 但心理医生可以
You heard Dr. Abernathy's testimony.
你听到艾伯纳西医生的证词了
She said that the defendant did not hear voices.
她说辩方并没有听到任何声音
So then is it fair to say, in your professional opinion
那么是不是可以说 按照你的专业观点
as a cop, that when you spoke with Mrs. Mill
作为警♥察♥ 当你在案发后
after the killing, she did not appear to be legally insane?
和米尔女士交谈时 她并没有表现出精神失常吗
Yes, that is correct.
是的 没错
Then what about earlier?
那么再早点呢
Earlier, when she raised the knife and plunged it
再早一点 在她拿起刀子并刺进了
into the tender bodies of her children and her husband...
自己孩子和丈夫柔软的身体里
the three people that she loved the most in the world.
杀了全世界她最爱的这三个人的时候
What about then? Did she appear to be insane to you then?
那时候呢 在你看来她是精神失常吗
Unfortunately I wasn't there then.
很不幸 我当时并不在场
But that's the moment.
但就是那个瞬间
That's the only moment that matters.
只有那个瞬间才是决定性的一刻
Isn't it, Lieutenant?
难道不是吗 警督
I said, "Not at work."
我说了「别送到办公室」
I know, but...
我知道
Oh, damn it, Al, I hate word games.
该死 我恨文字游戏
Okay, we'll talk.
到时候再聊
Those are pretty.
花很漂亮
I said, "Not at the office."
我说了「别送来办公室」
And he said that they're not for me.
但他说这花不是给我的
Who are they for?
那是给谁的
Ah. Smooth.
高招啊
Yeah. How was court?
是啊 庭审怎么样
How do you think?
你觉得呢
I couldn't even step into that building.
我都没法走进法♥院♥大楼
I don't care if she's crazy.
我不在乎她是不是疯了
That woman should be taken from the earth.
这个女人就该从这世界上消失
You know, last night I...
要知道 昨晚我
I put Noah to bed, kissed him good night,
我把诺亚放上♥床♥ 给他一个晚安吻
I turned out the light, and then...
我关上灯 然后
And then I just stood there... watching him sleep.
然后我就站在那里 看着他睡觉
For two hours.
整整两个小时
I did the same thing.
我也是一模一样
Sometimes life just... sucks.
生活有时候真是 糟透了
Amanda. Yeah?
阿曼达 怎么了
You should keep those flowers.
你应该留着那束花
Why?
为什么
'Cause sometimes we just...
因为有时候我们
we just need a little pretty.
我们需要些美好的事物
Right.
没错
And if I told this jury that you loved your family,
如果我告诉陪审团说你爱你的家庭
would that be a true statement?
这会是真实的供述吗
Of course I loved them. I would do anything for them.
我当然爱他们了 我能为他们做任何事
So, you wanna hide them from all the ugliness in the world?
你是想让他们远离这世上的一切丑陋事物吗
That's right.
说的没错
Is that why you work so hard?
这是你努力工作的原因吗
Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?
难道不是我应该做的吗
Well, who told you that, Anna?
那么 是谁跟你说的 安娜
I knew that.
我本来就知道
I grew... I grew up in a basement apartment.
我在一个地下室公♥寓♥里长大
My family had nothing,
我的家庭一无所有
I had to work for everything that I have.
我必须为所拥有的一切努力工作
And everywhere I looked, every book I read,
所有我去到的地方 所有我看的书
every magazine, or television show, movie,
所有我看的杂♥志♥ 电视剧 电影
there were successful and happy women with beautiful families.
那里有很多拥有美好家庭的成功快乐的女性
They were running companies. They were running for Congress.
她们有的开公♥司♥ 她们有的在国会工作
What if you couldn't do that?
如果你不能这么做呢
I had to do that.
我必须能够
I had to do that so that my life would be perfect.
我必须这么做这样我的生活才会完美
Was your life perfect?
你的生活完美吗
I had to. For Charlie, for Rachel.
必须完美 为了查理 为了蕾切尔
You had to?
你必须完美
And is that what you were thinking
这就是当你杀死你的家人时
when you... killed your family?
你脑海里所想的吗
I was outside of myself.
我已经出离自我了
I watched... as another woman stabbed them.
我就像看着 另一个女人在捅他们
She was saving them from the pain.
她把他们从痛苦中解救出来
From the ugliness of a life that just wasn't...
从那丑陋的不完美的生活中
Wasn't perfect.
解救出来
I'd like you to look at this photo
我想给你看张照片
if you don't mind, Mrs. Mill.
如果你不介意的话 米尔夫人
I know it's a lot of ugliness.
我知道有太多丑陋的东西
Objection.
反对
Withdrawn.
撤回
It's a lot of pain.
有太多的痛苦
Your honor.
法官大人
Move on, Mr. Stone.
跳过这个 斯通先生
This other woman,
另一个女人
the one you saw saving your family from the suffering,
那个你看见从痛苦中拯救你家人的女人
did you say anything to her?
你对她说过什么吗
Excuse me? You testified
什么意思 你的证词说
it was like watching another woman.
那就像看着另一个女人
I just wanted to know if you
我只是想知道你
spoke to her before she stabbed your husband and your children.
在她捅死你的丈夫和孩子之前和她说过话吗
No. Did you try and stop her?
没有 你有试图阻止她吗
She wasn't real. But you thought she was,
她不是真实存在的 但你觉得是
isn't that right? I mean,
不是吗 我的意思是
that's your proof that you're insane.
那可是能证明你疯了的证据
No, I didn't try to stop her.
不 我没有阻止她
Because you wanted them dead, isn't that right?
因为你想要他们死 是不是这样
Because I wanted to protect them.
因为我想保护他们
They're better off now. Better off than what?
他们现在这样更好 会比什么更好
Facing a world without... Without what, Mrs. Mill?
面对这个没有 没有什么 米尔夫人
Well, isn't it obvious? No. It's not.
这还不明显吗 不 不明显
Without me.
没有我的世界
I've got news for you, Mrs. Mill.
我要告诉你一件事 米尔夫人
You're not so great. Objection.
你没那么优秀 反对
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表