剧集 | 女孩成长记(2014) | 导航列表
Now, why would I do that, I wonder?
我一直在想 为什么我会那样呢
Matthews?
马修斯
Well, you took characters we already loved to show us
是因为您用了我们都喜欢的角色来告诉我们
that good and evil wasn't always so black and white.
善恶并非总是分明
How come? So we'd understand it better when
此话怎讲 这样你用教材来讲解时
you taught us real books.
我们的学习会更加有效
Cory, you were listening.
科瑞 你当时认真听课了
How could I not?
我怎么会开小差呢
I mean, you wore a leather jacket to work every day.
我是说 您上课的时候穿的是皮夹克
You taught comic books
用漫画书教我们
and you rode to work on a motorcycle.
还骑摩托车来学校
Right up until the day the bike and I both got totaled.
骑到我人连摩托车摔个人仰马翻那天
But things happen for a reason. I married my nurse.
不过塞翁失马焉知非福 我和照顾我的护士结婚了
You fell in love with her?
你爱上她了
Nah, in case it ever happens again.
其实是怕以后再摔着
I--
我
there's a pretty cool bike parked next to your sensible sedan.
你的小轿车边上停了辆蛮不错的摩托车
What, did you buy that from Feeny?
跟菲尼那儿买♥♥的吧
Well, it only had four miles on it.
其实只开了四英里
The roll-up windows are a real workout.
窗户得摇下来 蛮锻炼身体的
Hey, Burgess,
哎 伯吉斯
you be careful on that bike, okay?
骑摩托的时候当心点 听到没有
Thank you, sir.
谢谢您 先生
Jon, I just wanted her to teach To Kill a Mockingbird.
乔恩 我只不过想让她教《杀死一只知更鸟》
Your mom or your dad?
是你妈还是你♥爸♥
My dad.
我爸爸
What about him?
她爸怎么了
He named her Harper Lee Burgess.
他给她起名叫哈珀·李·伯吉斯
I figure she'll get around to it.
就知道她这方面能行
Isn't this the one about understanding
这本书是不是讲
that people turn out pretty good if you give them a chance?
给别人以机会 他们就会有好结果
Don't ask me, I read comic books.
别问我 我只看漫画书
Look, yancy,
听着 扬西
I'll observe Harper's class,
我会去听哈珀的课
I'll make my decision then.
然后我会做决定的
I already made my decision on Matthews long ago.
很早我就给马修斯做过决定
I hired him, you know?
他是我雇的你知道吧
I did not know that.
这我还不知道
I withdraw my objection.
我把我说的话收回
Too late for that.
为时已晚
Too important.
此事非常重要
What a kid is taught is what a kid becomes.
孩子受到什么教育 决定了他会变成什么样的人
That's the job we have.
我们的工作就是教育
You ask me to see how it's being done, and I will.
我会听你的建议 去检验教育的成果
Interesting lesson.
这堂课真有趣
Let's see what comes of it.
看看会有什么后果
We have some special guests in our classroom.
今天我们有一位特别嘉宾
Please behave as you normally would.
大家像平时一样就好了
Hi. Hi.
您好 你好
We love Harper.
我们很爱哈珀
Do you understand, Uncle jon?
乔恩叔叔您懂吗
Real Uncle, or do you just call him that?
是亲叔叔 还是出于礼貌叫的
He comes over like a million times a week--
他一个星期来一百万次
I withdraw my complaint.
当我没抱怨过
You got them calling you by your first name?
你让他们直呼你的名字
Yes, I wanted them to put together the mockingbird thing
没错 我要让他们把名字和知更鸟联♥系♥起来
to see how much I care about what I'll be teaching.
让他们明白我对我的教学内容有多重视
All right, does anybody
好 大家谁
understand the significance of Harper's name
注意到哈珀的名字
in regards to the author of To Kill a Mockingbird?
和《杀死一只知更鸟》的作者有何关联
Harper's first name is Charles Twain!
哈珀的名字叫查尔斯·吐温
You're doing a bang-up job with her, Matthews.
马修斯 你教得太差劲了
Look, she was told by the principal not to teach us something,
喂 校长不让她教我们某些东西
but she did anyways. That's gotta mean something.
结果她我行我素 肯定有什么含义
Psst, will you stop helping us?
嘘 你别乱帮忙
Yeah, it means something.
没错 确实有含义
Now, may I see what you've learned?
现在看看大家都学了什么
Because that's what means everything.
因为这才是真正的意义所在
Farkle goes first, Farkle always goes first!
法尔科第一个来 法尔科一直都第一个来
Stuart Minkus' kid?
斯图尔特·明克斯的孩子
Yeah. Super genius?
没错 超级天才
Outer space. Real human boy?
智商爆表 是肉体凡胎吗
We're not sure yet.
还不确定是不是呢
Sit down.
坐下吧
I'll make the presentation.
我来做演讲吧
You like this teacher?
你喜欢这个老师
I like both of these teachers.
这些老师我都喜欢
Are you familiar with the material?
你对这本书熟悉吗
Me? No, I never saw this thing before.
我吗 不熟悉 我之前从来都没看过
I never saw this thing before in my life.
这辈子我都没看过
Yeah, I read it. I read it, actually, a lot.
其实 我读过 读过 而且还读了很多遍
Thanks for telling the truth.
感谢你说了实话
Yeah, I can't help myself.
是啊 我忍♥不住
Now, I prefer someone who is unfamiliar with the material.
现在 我想请一个完全不熟悉书本
Someone who is notoriously unteachable.
众所周知无可救药的人
How you doin'?
你好啊
Not you, Riley.
不是你 莱丽
I only looked at the pictures.
我只看了图片
I read the words.
我只看了文字
It's a duet.
这俩是对二重唱
I hope you learned something, girls.
我希望你们能学到些东西 姑娘们
I learn something all the time.
我一直都在学东西
I come here because my apartment leaks.
我来这儿是因为我住的地方漏水了
Come here.
过来吧
Yes...?
然后呢
I know you just say this stuff.
我知道你只是说说而已
I know you're a lot smarter than you want us to know.
你比大家看上去的要聪明多了
Shh.
嘘
We got this.
我们可以的
I hope so.
希望如此
Our future's in your hands.
我们的未来掌握在你们手中
In Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns
在弗兰克·米勒的《黑暗骑士归来》中
the keyword is dark.
关键词是黑暗
He doesn't write heroes or villains that you are used to.
他不是用大家所熟知的方式描写英雄和反派角色
You have to really think about what's right and what's wrong.
你得好好考虑其中的对与错
The pictures make you work, too.
图片也是如此
You have to look up, down, across, and sideways,
你要看其中的各个方面
but I believe he's trying to
但是我相信他是想
get us to look at what our own world has become.
让我们看看我们自己的世界会变成什么样
Up, down, across, and sideways.
从各个角度思考问题
Heroes that should be friends with a common goal,
英雄们应该是有着共同目标的朋友
fight each other instead.
而不该互相斗争
One hero was trying to inspire
其中一个英雄试图鼓励
his old friend to take a look at the world,
他的老朋友去看看这个世界
and realized that it's changed.
让他意识到世界变化这么大
So, he needed to change, too.
他也需要改变了
But he wouldn't,
但是他不愿意
so he fought against him.
所以他俩就互相斗争
Which was hard to look at,
这一幕看起来很难受
because the world is dark enough
因为世界本来就已经很黑暗了
and heroes are supposed to bring light.
英雄们本应该带来光明
Everyone in this room knows that someone with real power
这个教室里的每个人都知道
doesn't need to hit a kid
老师不需要通过用戒尺
with a ruler to get the kid to want to learn.
打学生来迫使他们听课
Because this is a new world, and we don't do that here.
因为这是一个新世界 我们不做这样的事
Frank Miller turned a comic book into-- what's the word?
弗兰克·米勒把漫画书变成了 怎么说来着
You know the word.
你知道那个词的
Literature.
文学
And Harper here,
我们的老师哈珀
is named after someone who gave us a great story.
她的名字是根据一位伟大的作家起的
剧集 | 女孩成长记(2014) | 导航列表