If they pull it off,
律所合伙人将收获数百万美元的佣金
the partners stand to make millions in commissions.
然而不幸的是
Unfortunately for them,
西北航道沿线的土著居民
the indigenous residents of the Northwest Passage,
尤其是曼尼托克的村民们
specifically the villagers of Maniitok,
不愿意撤出这片他们祖祖辈辈生活的土地
are loath to relinquish their ancestral lands--
这导致了你
a fact which led to you
受命去枪杀一位因纽特青年
being ordered to shoot a young Inuit in the head.
现在 要么你可以让这个由蝴蝶效应产生的
Now, you can either let this butterfly-induced hurricane
飓风完全吞噬你
land entirely on you,
要么你可以为我们指认是哪位律师
or you can point us to whichever lawyer
扇动了他或者她的翅膀并把你送到了唐迪门前
flapped his or her wings and blew you to Tendu's door.
抱歉我这句话听起来好像说过了
Well, sorry to sound like a broken record,
但正如我所说
but like I said,
雷娜不是一个很守时的人
Raina's not great at being on time.
实际上 雷娜今天将不会参加我们这次询问
Well, actually, Raina's not gonna be joining us today.
我们做了些调查 伦德奎斯特女士
We've been doing some digging, Ms. Lundquist.
结果发现你在
It turns out your work at
拯救动物基金会的工作是完全无偿的
the Animal Salvation Fund is completely pro bono.
你的正职是在马瑟&克兰律所担任合同法律师
Your day job is contract law at Mather and Kline.
根据这份文件 你手头的工作是
According to this, your current assignment is
为一家叫做纽霍尔航运的公♥司♥确保
to secure port locations along the Northwest Passage
西北航道沿线的港口选址顺利落地
for a company called Newhall Transocean.
如果你此番能成功完成任务
Now, if you manage to succeed,
就能成为合伙人候补
you're in line to make partner.
一位在像马瑟&克兰律师事务所
A partner at a white-shoe firm
这样的顶级律所中年入百万的合伙人
like Mather and Kline makes millions of dollars a year.
但想要确保港口选址落地并不容易 对吗
But securing the ports hasn't been easy, has it?
当地居民很贫穷
The locals are poor,
而且很遵循长久以来的传统
and they're attached to their traditions.
所以你去纽约的一个
So you volunteered your legal services
动物权益组织志愿提供法律服务
to an animal rights group here in New York
设法说服他们去争取一项废除海豹捕猎的禁令
and managed to convince them to pursue a ban on seal hunting.
而这一纸禁令
Ban like that would've wrecked
将会彻底破坏当地人的传统生活方式
the locals' traditional way of life.
他们将被迫要么转移安置
They would've been forced to either relocate
要么寻找新的收入来源
or seek new income.
你期望这能使他们屈服
You were hoping that they'd fold
并接受纽霍尔的港口建设提案
and agree to Newhall's port deal.
但唐迪·欧特里克的海豹自♥拍♥
But Tendu Otolik's Sealfies
使公众舆♥论♥转而反对这一禁令的签署
turned public opinion against the ban.
所以 当你转到B计划
So, when you switched to Plan B
试图把整个村庄完全买♥♥下之时
and tried to buy the village outright,
他也打碎了你的如意算盘
he stopped that, too.
他给家乡寄去了一笔钱换取到了
He sent money home in exchange for a promise
村庄长老们永不接受纽霍尔港口建设的承诺
from the village elders to never agree to Newhall's port.
在那之后你就没可能成为合伙人了
No way were you gonna make partner after that.
除非你能想办法除掉唐迪
Not unless you could make Tendu go away.
这让我们把目光转向了你的清道夫
Which brings us to your fixer,
库特·高德温
Kurt Godwyn.
-不 不 你看 -省省吧
- No, no, you see... - Save it.
我们已经从库特·高德温那拿到了全部供词
We've already got a full confession from Mr. Godwyn.
你现在或许该给你的律所打电♥话♥了
You might want to call your firm.
你应该会需要一位好律师
You're gonna need a good lawyer.
我想让你知道那个叫卢西恩的男孩
I wanted you to know that boy Lucien
不会再来烦你了
won't be bothering you no more.
我和他 进行了一次友好的交谈
Me and him, we had a... talk.
交谈
A talk?
有时候只需要这样就行了
Sometimes that's all it takes.
纪梵娜
Chivonne?
你不用再担心他来烦你了
You won't have no more problems with him.
我保证
I promise.
谢谢
Thanks.
那天我是想陪你走回家的
I liked walking you home the other day.
我觉得我们也许能把这作为常态
I was thinking maybe we can make it a habit.
别
Don't.
别什么
Don't what?
我知道你想要什么
I know what you want.
为了你和我
For you and me.
但我做不到
But I can't do it.
你所做的并不会改变我们之间的关系
What you did doesn't change things between us.
这并不会让我们重新成为家人
It doesn't make us family.
我找上你是不得已而为之
I came to you because I had to.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
我明白
I understand.
你想怎样就怎样吧
You do what you need to do.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表