我动物园的朋友前暂时照顾它一下
until I can deliver it to a friend at the zoo.
与此同时 我很享受它的陪伴
In the meantime, i'm just enjoying its company.
挺美的 你不觉得吗
It's quite beautiful, don't you think?
还很危险
And dangerous.
根据我的经验 这两种特征通常是打包出现的
In my experience, those two traits are often a package deal.
你还在执着于你的那个理论啊
Oh, you're still obsessing about your theory, huh?
这不仅是个理论 这是种可能性
It's more than a theory; it's a likelihood.
布莱恩·比尔有个同伙
Brian Beale had a partner.
我们在比尔的书桌上
We found the blueprints
找到了美国证交所的蓝图
to the U.S. Stock Exchange on Beale's desk;
我们找到了他用来闯入餐馆给IAO持钥人
we found the crowbar that he used to break into the restaurant
下毒的那根撬棒
to poison the IAO key-holders;
我们找到了毒素的来源
we found the source of the poison.
我并不是在争辩布莱恩·比尔是否涉及此案
I'm not disputing that Brian Beale was involved.
我争辩的是他是否是独自行动的
I'm disputing that he acted alone.
我不认为那条蛇是他的
I don't think that snake belonged to him.
我觉得是他同伙的
I think it belongs to his partner.
比尔的卧室里有个保育箱
There was a terrarium in Beale's bedroom.
他有蛇饲料
He had snake food.
他甚至还有给蛇用的药物
He even had snake medication.
这些都很容易栽赃
All easy enough to plant.
闻一下那条蛇
Have a whiff of that snake.
你会注意到一种非常特别的麝香
You'll notice a very distinctive musk.
而我提到这一点是因为
And I only mention it because...
比尔先生的公♥寓♥里连一丁点那种香味都闻不到
Mr. Beale's apartment did not smell of musk in the slightest.
好吧 我直接信你了
Yeah, I'm gonna have to take your word on that.
适宜海岸太攀蛇生活的理想温度
Yes, the optimal temperature for a coastal taipan
是24摄氏度
is 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
比尔先生家的温控器将室内恒温在19摄氏度
Mr. Beale's thermostat kept his home at a crisp 67 degrees.
这温度对于一条热带蛇来说太冷了
It's much too chilly for a tropical snake.
那只能证明他没有替他的爬行动物室友着想
That only proves he's an inconsiderate roommate to reptiles.
并不能证明他有个陷害
It does not prove that he had a partner
并杀害了他的同伙
who framed and killed him.
你得承认他死亡的时机非常可疑
You must admit the timing of his death is highly suspicious;
我们难道应该相信
we're meant to believe
他成功地从一条致命毒蛇上萃取了数月的毒液
that he successfully milked a deadly snake for months,
却在销赃失窃画作一天后被同一条蛇咬死了吗
only to be bitten one day after he fenced the stolen paintings?
好吧 那这位失踪的小偷是谁
Okay, so who's the missing thief?
是谁试图陷害布莱恩·比尔
Who's trying to frame Brian Beale?
刚想到这个推理的时候 我并不确定
When this argument began, I wasn't sure.
但那是我在哥伦比亚大学
But that was before a friend of mine
爬行动物系的朋友
at Columbia's herpetology department
借给我一条海岸太攀蛇骨骼之前
lent me the skeleton of a coastal taipan.
我本来也不准备用一条活蛇的毒牙做实验
I wasn't about to try my experiment on the fangs of a live one.
但现在我知道了
But now I know.
我此前看过跟这一模一样的牙印
I've seen these exact same markings before.
这太荒谬了
This is ridiculous.
你们是怎么弄到搜查令的
H-How did you even get a warrant?
我们检查了你昨晚
We looked through the trash
丢在路边的垃圾 利玛先生
you put out on the curb last night, Mr. Lima.
我们发现了宠物店的购物小票 上面显示
We found pet store receipts that show you purchased
你购买♥♥了饲养一条海岸太攀蛇
the supplies needed to house
所需的各种物品
and feed a coastal taipan.
那种蛇的毒液
The venom from that species
毒死了「21区」的七个人
poisoned seven people at Arrondissement 21
以及你的朋友布莱恩·比尔
and killed your friend Brian Beale.
我根本不知道那是谁
I don't even know who that is.
你当然知道 你们一起念的格瑞斯高中
Sure you do. You went to Gracely High together.
你给他签过纪念册 我们在他公♥寓♥找到了
You signed his yearbook. We found it at his apartment.
老虎加油
Go Tigers.
你在餐厅的街尾违规停车还被开了罚单
You also got a parking ticket down the block from the restaurant
就在餐厅被闯入那晚的凌晨3:15
3:15 a.m. on the night the place was broken into.
我们确信你就是那晚的窃贼
We're certain that you were the burglar that evening.
你在自家厨房♥布置了一场抢劫
You staged a robbery at your own kitchen
好让其他员工摆脱嫌疑 比如你自己
to throw suspicion off other members of staff such as yourself.
那鹅肝酱我也吃了 记得吗
I ate some of that foie gras, remember?
我病了两天
I was sick for two days.
我为什么要给我自己下蛇毒
Now, why in the hell would I dose myself with snake venom?
因为你对蛇毒免疫
Because you're immune.
你知道可以通过逐渐增加服毒剂量来产生抗毒性
As you well know, there's a process called mithridatism.
这是以米特里达梯六世国王命名的一种方法
It's named after King Mithridates VI,
他是古本都的统治者
ruler of ancient Pontus.
他特别害怕自己被毒害
He was so afraid of being poisoned
于是每天会涉入非常小剂量的
that he would regularly ingest very small doses
各类毒素 以建立免疫力
of various toxins in order to build up an immunity.
我想你可能看「公主新娘」
I-I think you may have seen The Princess Bride
看多了吧
one too many times.
只是电影里的魔粉是虚构的
Except that iocane powder is fictional.
而让你自己对蛇毒免疫
Immunizing yourself against snake venom
却是科学现实
is a scientific reality.
昨晚 我有机会检查了
Last night, I had the opportunity to examine
一条海岸太攀蛇的下颌
the jaws of a coastal taipan.
我想起了你手上的伤疤
I realized that the scars on your hands,
之前我以为那是你当帮厨留下的
scars I initially attributed to your work as a line cook,
我想到那其实
were in fact a perfect match
跟太攀蛇的对称咬痕非常吻合
for the taipan's symmetrical bite pattern.
而且你被咬过也完全说得通
And it makes sense that you've been bitten.
你几个月来都在处理那蛇
You'd been handling that snake for months,
给它挤蛇毒
milking it to draw out its venom.
艰难的工作取得了回报
Hard work pays off.
你成功在持钥人的午饭里下了毒
You managed to poison the key-holder lunch
而根本没人怀疑过你
without anybody looking in your direction.
然后你设下了下一出戏
And it set up your next play--
从证交所偷了那些画
robbing those paintings from the stock exchange.
不过你变得太贪婪
You got too greedy
决定不跟布莱恩分享成果了
when you decided not to share with Brian, though.
在那之前 你的计划都天衣无缝
Up until that point, pretty tight plan.
你的所有...「证据」
All your, uh... evidence
都只是偶然
is circumstantial.
我是说
I mean...
我是跟布莱恩·比尔一起念过高中
I went to high school with Brian Beale.
我们学校还有其他九百多号♥人呢
So did 900 other people.
对 我那晚违规停车被开了罚单
And, yeah, I got a parking ticket that night.
可这事在其他晚上也发生过很多次
That happened a half a dozen other nights, too.
如果我下班喝多了 我就会把车
I leave my car at work and take the subway home
留在工作的地方 搭地铁回家
if I have too much to drink after hours.
你也许有足够的证据申请搜查令
You may have had enough for a... A warrant,
但你要是有足够的证据逮捕我 那我早被抓了
but if you had enough to arrest me, you already would have.
我说的没错吧
I'm right, aren't I?
这话现在还不好说 利玛先生
We're not quite ready to answer that question just yet, Mr. Lima.
你在干什么
Uh, what are you doing?
有东西在阻止水渗进这里的土里
Something's preventing the water from soaking into the soil here.
别担心
Don't worry.
树莽是...
Tree pythons are...
夜行动物 对吧
nocturnal, right?
我觉得是
I think.
我必须得夸你
I have to give you credit
想到了这么聪明的藏匿地 利玛先生
for devising such a clever hiding place, Mr. Lima.
他现在能逮捕你了
He will be arresting you now.
你在这呢 我刚听马库斯说了
Oh, there you are. I just heard from Marcus.
证交所的管♥理♥员♥看了
The curator at the Whitney took a look at the painting
你在蟒蛇箱里找到的画
you found in the python terrarium.
是麦考伊的真迹
It's the real McCoy.
那是罗格朗
Or LeGrand, as it were.
找到了一副
That's one down.
另两幅应该很快也能找回来了
Actually, the other two should be recovered soon.
马泰奥·利玛的案子交给联邦了
Mateo Lima's case went federal.
他达成了协议
He took a deal
供出了要买♥♥他们的人的名字
and gave up the name of the guy who bought them.
明智之举
Wise move.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表