-不要...那样做 -抱歉
- Don't... do that! - u202dI'm sorry.
我想着可以来帮忙 要不给一副耳机
I thought I could help, maybe be another set of ears?
不过首先
But first...
-都好几个钟头了 -然而
- Oh, it's been hours. - u202dWell...
于是斧头砍了下来
And then the axe comes down and--
非常感谢 我就醒了
Thank you so much-- I wake up.
那么举斧头的人 认识吗
Ok, so the guy with the axe--do you recognize him?
没有 不是某个认识的人
No, it's like an anonymous face.
好吧
All right, look...
你不愿意告诉我你是干吗的 这没问题
You don't want to tell me what you do, and that's fine,
但我很明显能感觉到 工作上的事情
But it's very clear to me that something at work
给你很大的压力
is really stressing you out.
上周我确实以为有一位同事
I mean, last week I did think
被邮送炸♥弹♥炸飞
that my co-worker got blown up by a mail bomb.
再上一周
Then the week before that,
我最好的朋友中枪了 还陷入了昏迷
my best friend was shot and put into a coma.
再之前的一周 她和我被劫为人♥质♥
Weekend before that, she and I were in a hostage situation,
所以 没错 我
So...yeah, I, uh,
你说我的工作压力很大 或许是对的
I think you might be right about my job being stressful.
话说 那个人体内释放的荷尔蒙
Hey, what's that, um, that hormone that gets released,
战斗或逃跑反应下的叫什么来着 皮质醇
the fight or flight thing--cortisol.
我觉得你在工作中要想办法避免这个
It seems to me you have to find a way to ignore that at work.
还记得你小的时候吗
Remember when you were a kid?
你可以跨上自行车 肆意地骑
You could just get on your bike and just ride
直到晚餐时间到了 你不得不回家吃饭
until you had to come home for dinner?
从概念上来说我懂 但我实际上没有这种经历
Conceptually, yes, but practically, no.
好吧 但是你一定明白
Ok, but look, you understand that
现在的大人已经不允许孩子那样了
they don't really do that anymore
因为在时代的发展过程中 有些东西失去了
because somewhere along the way, something got lost?
信任吗
Trust?
是的 没错
Yeah, exactly.
就以今天为例吧
So take today, for example.
我看到一个陌生男子在跟我的外甥说话
I see a strange man talking to my nephew.
突然间 皮质醇就发挥作用了
Boom! There goes the cortisol:
风险 危险 威胁
Risk, danger, threat.
但紧接着 你耍了个小魔术
But then, you performed a magic trick.
那其实 并不是什么魔术
That actually-- it wasn't magic.
我只是拿着那块硬币 扔到了他的头后面
I just--I took the penny and I threw it behind his head. u202d
不 我不是说那个
No, not that.
你肯抽出宝贵的时间 来安抚一个小男孩
You took time out of your day to calm down a little boy,
那个孩子你之前根本不认识 从未见过
a kid who you didn't know, who you'd never met before,
你知道我认为这叫什么吗 这叫有教养
and you know what I call that? I call that decency.
谢谢
Thanks.
魔币
Magic penny.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
天呐 这样可不算有教养
Oh, my gosh! Not decent!
-被你骂也值了 -天呐
- Worth it, though! u202d- Oh, man.
别碰我 天呐
Don't touch me! Oh, my--oh!
直接击中 怎么样 你喜欢吗
Right in the face! There! You like that?
-不 现在轮到我... -等等
- No, it's my turn... - u202dWait.
等等 等等 你注意到了吗
Wait, wait, wait. Do you notice that?
注意到什么
Notice what? u202d
不 现在轮到我享受背部按♥摩♥了
No, it's my turn to get a back rub,
而不是我帮你按
not to give one.
好吧 遥控器在哪儿 我讨厌这节目
Ok, fine. Where's the clicker? I hate this show.
给 拿着
Here. Take it.
你想看什么就看什么吧
Watch something you want.
看到了吗 这个声波线
Do you see that? The audio levels.
这跟别的录音一致吗
Is that consistent with the other recordings?
宝贝 慢着点
Babe, slow down there.
我现在可慢不下来
I can't right now.
跟每一份都一致
Every single one.
我们成功了吗 我们找到了吗
Did we do it? Did we find it?
-是你找到的 -我找到的
- You found it. u202d- I found it.
我找到的
I found it.
比利的声音
Billy's voice is louder
在所有录音里都比伊丽莎白的音量大
than Elizabeth's in all of the recordings.
那会不会是有什么问题 有瑕疵的录音
Could that be a mistake, I mean, a faulty recording?
不 绝对不是 是有意这样的 为什么呢
No, absolutely not. It's intentional. Why?
因为录音器被安置在
'cause the microphone is
比利那一侧的床头 而非伊丽莎白那一侧
on Billy's side of the bed, not Elizabeth's.
一直以来被监听的人其实是他
It was him he was listening to the whole time.
嫌犯不是在跟踪女性 而是在跟踪男性
The unsub wasn't stalking her, he was stalking him.
网上有很多恐同言论
Homophobia runs rampant online.
如果他是个深柜同性恋
If he was deeply closeted,
那他可能非常害怕 不敢告诉比利他的感受
he could have been too scared to tell Billy how he feels.
但我不是同性恋啊
But I'm not gay.
事情没那么简单
Ok, it's--it's not that simple.
这是你们的共同朋友 在你们分手后
Uh, this is a mutual friend that made a point
他明确表明站在你那边 继续做朋友
to stay in your life after the breakup.
大多数朋友都站在她那边了
She got most of the friends.
-比利 别这样 -本来就是啊
- Billy, come on. u202d- You did.
好了 我们别重新搅起分手的不愉快
Ok, we don't need to re-litigate the breakup.
这个人电脑技术很高 且擅长开锁
This is someone who is good at computers and locks
以及木工 所以他才能做到这些事
and carpentry; that's how he was able to do this.
如果他真像你说的那样 那他为何要对她下手
If he's like what you're saying, why did he go after her,
而非对我下手
and why not me?
因为 你住在四楼 我住在一楼
Because...you live on the fourth floor. I live on the first.
他把无法对你做的事 在她身上做了
He did to her what he couldn't do to you.
比利 怎么了
Billy, what is it?
他不是我们的朋友 但...
Well, he wasn't a friend, but...
伊丽莎白有过一个邻居
Elizabeth had this neighbor.
你还记得住二楼的海斯吗
You remember Hayes, on the second floor?
他是无害的 他...
He's--he's harmless. He--
不 我以前也这么觉得 但他是个锁匠
No, I thought so, too. He was a locksmith.
我们刚开始交往时 他跟我说他很喜欢直播
When we started dating, he told me he was into live-streaming,
我当时有种感觉就是...
and I got the sense that...
他对直播的兴趣还不如...
He wasn't into streaming as much as--
他对你的兴趣浓厚
He was into you.
是啊
Yeah.
我来追查一下这个海斯的下落
I'm going to track down this Hayes.
你们说得对
You guys were right.
我们不能让我们的孩子睡在这东西里
We can't let our baby sleep in this.
实际上 我之前跟克里斯蒂谈了下你们的...
Actually, I was talking to Kristy about your
经济状况
financial situation.
-是吗 -我...
- You were? - uh, I--
我跟他说了我们不接受施舍
I told him we don't take handouts.
我的想法是"授人以鱼不如授人以渔"
Now, my idea is more in the "teach a man to fish" vein.
我看了一些你的日志
I--I was looking at some of your journals.
《西蒙斯故事集》吗
"The Simmons stories"?
我写那些是为了逗小孩子玩的
I did those as a lark for the kids.
嘿 那些故事体现了你的才华
Hey, there's a talent there,
这个才华可能会成为解决你们当前困境的办法
and that talent could be the answer to your problems.
u202d怎么做到
How?
我利用我们的案子撰写♥真♥实犯罪小说挣了不少钱
I've made a very good living writing true-crime novels from our cases,
但现在是时候传递交接棒了
but it's time to pass on the baton
交给你
to you.
写书 我都不知道从何开始
Write a book? I--I wouldn't even know where to start.
这就需要我来帮助你了
That's where I come in.
你这相当于是在帮我的忙
You'd be doing me a favor.
我们都能拿到钱 我几乎不需要怎么出力
We'd both get paid, and I don't have to do half the work.
快同意吧
Say yes.
-快同意 -我同意
- Say yes. - u202dYes.
谢谢你 谢谢你
And thank you. Thank you.
太棒了
Fantastico!
但我的名字还是要出现在封面的首个位置
And my name will still be first on the cover.
好的
Ok.
天呐
Oh, my.
怎么了 是不是...
What is it? Is that--
嗯 我的羊水刚破了
Yeah, uh, my water just broke.
剧集 | 犯罪心理 | 导航列表