剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
她遗传了我妈 我的养母
She gets it from my mom. My adopted mom.
兰德尔
Randall.
说起这个
Uh, speaking of,
我想你能不能多告诉我一些
I was wondering if you could, uh, tell me more about
我生母的事
my biological mom?
你知道那种
Do you know the feeling you get
吸一小口炙热的东西的感觉吗
when you take a sip of something hot?
罗瑞尔就是那样的人
That was Laurel.
她是直达你灵魂的热饮
She was a warm drink straight to your soul.
她怀孕的时候就就戒毒了
She stopped using when she was pregnant,
不过你一出生
but right after you were born...
老♥毛♥病复发
Old habits.
她没撑过去
She didn't make it.
而我 我一点也不懂
And me, I... I didn't know the first thing
怎么一个人养孩子
about raising a baby on my own.
我们从来不是不想要你
You were never not wanted.
实际上
In fact...
很久之前我为你写了这些
...I wrote these for you a long time ago.
我从没想过除了我还会有别人会看到它
I never thought anyone else would see it besides me.
《写给儿子的诗》
威廉·希尔著
我下周可以再去吗
Maybe I can go back next week?
兰德尔 我真的觉得你应该
You know, Randall, I really think you should
降低一下你对这个人的期待
temper your expectations of this guy,
就一点点
just a little bit.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
他人很好
He was a very nice man.
但我觉得 他可能还有毒瘾
But I think, I think he might still be using.
-所以呢 -所以我真的不愿意
- So? - So I'm really not too comfortable
我儿子跟那样的人
with my son spending time with a guy who's...
-拜托 爸 -共处
- Come on, Dad. -...involved with that.
爸 你也有酒瘾
Dad, you're an addict, too.
拜托
Please.
最近对我家来说很艰难
It's been a tough time for my family lately.
我是从
From the, uh,
《美国歌♥本》里 挑了些重复乐段...
American Songbook, these are riffs that I've been...
路易斯·阿姆斯特朗爵士专辑
我已经很久没有像这样
It's been a long time since I've spoken
跟一屋子人说话了
to a room full of people like this.
我一直在想
So I've been thinking,
我可能会留在家这边上大学
I'm probably gonna stay home for college,
去卡内基梅隆大学
go to Carnegie Mellon.
但你被霍华德大学录取了
But you got into Howard.
我以为那是你的首选
I thought that was your top choice.
之前是 但
It was, but...
我想多相处一下也很好
I-I thought it'd be nice to spend more time together.
对吧
Right?
对
Right.
很好
That's cool.
亲爱的 如果你忘了什么东西
Hey, sweetheart, if you did forget anything,
我们都愿意开车给你送过去
we'll be happy to drive it over to you.
你确定你不想让我跟你们一起
You sure you don't want me to come with you guys
帮你安顿
and help you move in?
车里塞满了
The car's pretty packed,
真的就只有我们两个人的空间
so there's only really room for two of us.
好吧
Okay.
我去跟凯文和凯特道别
I'm gonna go say bye to Kevin and Kate.
好
Okay.
他只是还要理理思路
He's just sorting through everything.
-好吧 -好吗
- Yeah. - Okay?
他会想明白的
He'll come around.
对不起
I-I'm sorry.
没关系
No problem.
贝丝 我们很高兴今晚你能来
Beth, we are so thrilled to have you here tonight.
这是第一次
This is the first time we've had
孩子们都从大学回家了
all of our kids home from college at the same time.
谢谢你邀请我
Oh, thank you for having me over.
我带了点小东西
Oh, I-I brought, uh, a little something.
你不用客气的
Oh, you didn't need to do that.
-你不必 -就是个小礼物
- You don't... - It's just a little gift.
你不用给我们带 辣酱
You don't need to bring us a g-- whoa! Hot sauce?
不不 拿过来
No, no, give that here.
我爸生前也超爱辣酱
Uh, my-my dad loved hot sauce, too.
他总是带着辣酱
Uh, he always brought it with him
到我们去的每一家当礼物
to every house we went as a gift.
但那其实不是礼物 他只是想
But it wasn't actually a gift, he just wanted
他只是想确保自己总能吃到辣酱
to make sure he always had hot sauce.
兰德尔跟我们说过
Randall told us that, um,
他去年过世了
that he passed last year.
听到这个 我们感到很遗憾
We were very sorry to hear that.
我不能想象
Yeah, I can't imagine going through
在你这个年纪经历那一切 亲爱的
all of that stuff at your age, sweetheart.
我们真的不应该让她
Yeah, we really shouldn't make her
现在谈这个 妈
talk about it right now, Mom.
-对不起 -不
- I'm sorry. - No, it...
-不不不 没关系的 -抱歉
- No, no, no, no, it's-it's fine. - I'm sorry.
-没事的 -谢谢
- It's fine. - Thank you.
这礼物很棒
This is, uh, wonderful.
亲爱的
Sweetheart,
你觉得你的沙拉怎么样 我只给你一个人
how do you like your salad? I added those
加了小小的白杏仁
little slivered almonds in there just for you.
我不太喜欢杏仁
Don't really like almonds.
什么
What?
什么时候不喜欢的
Since when?
从来没喜欢过
Never have.
你能带我去一下洗手间吗
Could you show me where the bathroom is?
穿过厨房♥就是
It's right through the kitchen.
你能给我带个路吗
Can you show me?
很好吃 妈
It's good, Mom.
我挺喜欢杏仁的
I like the almonds.
你刚才点头是"救救我"的意思
Was that a "rescue me" head nod
还是"我想溜出去快速亲热一下"的意思
or a "I want to go sneak in a quick make-out" head nod?
其实是"别对你妈态度那么恶劣"的意思
That was a "quit being such a dick to your mom" head nod.
你得原谅她
You need to forgive her.
贝丝 你并不了解情况
Beth,you don't know what you're talking about.
-你不知道我... -我随身带着辣酱
- You don't know how I... - Look, I carry bottles of hot sauce
因为它让我想起我去世的爸爸
because they remind me of my dead dad.
而你有不止一个 而是两个
And you get not one, but two,
健在 呼吸尚存
living, breathing,
异常炫酷的爸爸 好吗
really freaking cool dads, okay?
生命很短暂 兰德尔
Li... life is short, Randall.
实在太短了
It's too damn short.
于是爸跳进去把凯文拉出了猪圈
So Dad hops in to grab Kevin out of the pig pen.
而他在大喊大叫 因为他喜欢那头猪...
And he's screaming because he's decided he loves this pig...
她在县集市的表演夺了头筹
She won best in show at the county fair.
那在我五岁时是件大事
It was a big deal when I was five.
于是我 凯特 和妈
So-so me, Kate and my mom
在围栏外 简直吓坏了...
are outside the fence, terrified...
我们简直喊破了嗓子
We were screaming.
-你记得吗 -记得
- You remember that? - Yep.
那种哭嚎 你记得吗
Crying? You remember that?
当然 我怎么可能忘呢
Yes, how can I forget?
话说 你想讲这部分吗
Actually, do you want to tell this part?
你讲得更好
You tell it better.
那头...
The...
那头小猪开始尖叫 然后
The little pig started squealing and then
全身糊满泥巴的小凯文
muddy little Kevin over here
也开始尖叫
started squealing right back.
然后杰克开始尖叫...
And then Jack started squealing...
记得兰德尔六年级的一天
I remember picking Randall up from school
我从学校接他回家
one day in, uh, sixth grade.
他在研究元素周期表
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表