剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
我知道你认为这样过时了
And I know that you think that that's old-fashioned,
但它确实是有意义的
but it means something.
意味着你有一个可以依靠的人
Someone you can rely on.
所以你可以想象看到你和杰克这样的人在一起时
So you can imagine how scary it was
我们有多害怕
for us to see you with someone like Jack.
没有工作 没有前途...
No job, no prospects...
-妈妈... -听我说完 听我说完
- Mom... - Let me finish. Let me finish.
这对我们来说很可怕
It was scary for us.
但这是你的生活
But this is your life,
你做的也必须是
and you have to do...
你想要做的事
what you want.
那么 我想我应该告诉你...
Which is why I think I should tell you that...
我想你父亲...
I think your father...
成功地困扰了杰克
got into Jack's head.
什么意思
What do you mean?
很明显 当他们打高尔夫的时候
Well, evidently, when they were playing golf,
你父亲对杰克说得很清楚
your father made it very clear to Jack
他配不上你
that he's not good enough for you.
你父亲能让杰克深信不疑
And your father can be very convincing.
我得走了
I have to go.
-我该怎么跟你父亲说 -想说什么说什么
- What should I tell your father? - Whatever you want to tell him.
丽贝卡 如果你真的要选择他
Rebecca, if-if he is really your choice,
选择这个历经黑暗 内心复杂的人
this dark, complicated man...
一定要让他给你一段刻骨铭心的爱情故事
...make sure he gives you a great love story.
给你绝无仅有的爱情
One for the ages.
丽贝卡 我知道听起来可能很难接受
Rebecca, I know this might be difficult to hear,
但看起来 你的症状在医学上称为
but it appears you have what we doctors call
轻度认知障碍
"Mild cognitive impairment."
-轻度认知障碍 -那是什么意思
- Mild cognitive impairment? - What does that mean?
意味着测试结果反映了
It means that the test revealed some changes
你对事物的理解发生了一些变化
in your understanding of things.
这令我担忧 比如说
And that concerns me. For example,
时钟上的间隔 数字
there are some inconsistencies
以及钟的形状
between the spacing and the numbers
与实际有些不一致
and the shape of the clock.
好吧 我又不是米开朗基罗
Okay. I mean, I'm no Michelangelo,
但数字是正确的
but the numbers are correct
顺序也是对的 这显然是个钟没错
and in order, and that is very clearly a clock.
是的 很明显是个钟
Yes, it's clearly a clock.
但它显示了你的空间功能开始紊乱
But it shows the beginnings of spatial dysfunction.
我在一个小问题上犯了难
So I struggled with one question.
可能并不代表整个测试不合格
That hardly feels like a failing grade to me.
你在听到几个短句不久后
You also had trouble remembering several phrases
也很难记住它们
shortly after hearing them.
所以你到底是什么意思
Um, so what are you saying?
你能告诉我们她得了什么病吗
Could-could you please just tell us what she has?
在我们确诊之前
Before we put a name to it,
我建议还要做血液检查和核磁共振检查
I'd like to do more blood tests and an MRI
来进行一下排除
to rule some things out.
但现在 除了等待丽贝卡一段时间后的表现
But right now, there's nothing to do
我们别无他法
but wait and see how Rebecca does over time.
现在到底在往什么方向进行检查
What, exactly, are we looking out for?
一方面 我们可能只会观察到
On one end of the spectrum, we could just be looking at
持续的轻微失忆事件
continued minor incidents of memory loss.
另一方面 有些功能可能会开始退化
Or things could begin to deteriorate.
有可能随着时间的推移 你会感觉
There is a chance that over time you'll experience
记忆力更差
more difficulty with memory.
但现在 我们需要额外再做一些测试
But for now, we need to run some additional tests
才能知道今天最后的结果如何
to understand what it is we're seeing here today.
很抱歉一直重复这些话...
I'm so sorry to sound like a broken record...
晚安
Good night.
好了 人都走了
All right. Everyone's gone.
我们开始吧
Let's just do this.
好 小托
Okay, Tobe.
是不是该告诉我你为什么这几周
Do you want to tell me why you've been going to a new gym
换新健身房♥了还瞒着我
for weeks without telling me?
你对凯拉的猜测没错
You were right about Kara.
那位克星女士
Lady Kryptonite.
我们感恩节回来后
When we got back from our Thanksgiving trip,
她试图吻我
she tried to kiss me.
什么
What?
我阻止了行吗 根本没亲上
And I stopped it. Okay? It never even happened.
我像《黑客帝国》的主角一样闪开了
I dodged her head like Neo in The Matrix.
我也意识到我不应该
But I also realized that I probably shouldn't be
再跟她相处下去 所以我换健身房♥了
spending any more time around her, so I switched gyms.
好 那你为什么不干脆告诉我
Okay, well, then why didn't you just tell me?
因为
B-Because...
凯特 我当时保证你什么都不用担心
Kate, I promised you that there was nothing to worry about.
我没说实话
And I was wrong.
可我也不想再找件事来争吵
And I didn't want to give us yet another reason to fight.
托比 你有没有想过她之所以会错意
Well, Toby, did you ever consider she got the wrong idea
是因为你老不回家陪我
because you avoid being home with me?
什么 我没有那样
What? I don't-- I don't do that.
不 的确是那样
Yeah, you do.
整场派对我都为了跟你谈这件事
Yeah, and I've been dreading this conversation
而感到害怕 因为我当时肯定
the whole party, 'cause I was for sure
你会告诉我你对凯拉有好感...
that you were gonna tell me that you had feelings for Kara--
是念卡拉吗...
Kah-ra--
而这些话
and that would have been
正是我最不想听到的
the worst thing that I could hear.
不过这样我就能明白我们出了什么问题
But then I would understand what's happening between us,
我就能明白你为什么
and I would understand why you want to be anywhere
-总是想躲着我和杰克 -凯特
- but here with me and Jack. - Kate...
我感觉你越走越远
I feel you pulling away.
我疯了吗
Am I crazy?
没有
N-No.
你没疯
No, you're not crazy.
这不怪你 凯特
This isn't about you, Kate.
我爱你爱得要死
All right, I love you to death.
杰克是我的最爱
And I love Jack more than anything.
我在家的时候你觉得
That tension that you're feeling
气氛紧张 是因为...
when I'm home that...
凯特 当你看着儿子时
Kate, when you look at our son, I see
我在你眼里看见纯粹 放肆的喜悦
pure, unbridled joy in your eyes.
但当我看着儿子时
But when I look at our son...
我只有难过
...it just makes me sad.
因为他看不了海难过
Sad that he'll never see the ocean.
因为他无法知道我们的长相难过
Sad that he'll never know what we look like.
因为他不能陪我看《星球大战》难过
Sad that he'll, that he'll never watch Star Wars with me.
你明白吗 所以我才一心扎在健身房♥里
Okay? So, yeah, I kill myself at the gym,
我瞒着自己老婆跟别人倾诉
and I vent to people other than my wife
因为我不想看到
because I don't want to see that look
你现在这副表情
that is on your face right now.
宝宝 是妈妈
Hi. It's Mommy.
你想知道我为你的生日准备了什么吗
Do you want to know what I got you for your birthday?
我在一家盲童家庭休养所
I booked us a few days away with Jack
为我们一家人订了几天的出游
at a retreat for families with blind children.
我还以为我为我们家
I thought it sounded like
做了一件大好事
a great thing to do for our family.
凯特
Kate.
你说的没错
You were right.
我倒希望错了
I didn't want to be.
其实 我是注意到问题了
And of course, I did notice things.
小问题
Little things.
她有一天怎么都想不起来"铲子"怎么说
She couldn't come up with the word spatula the other day.
她叫它
Called it a, uh...
"翻食物的东西"
..."food flipper."
我当时真的很需要让自己相信
And I just really needed to believe that it was just
这只是她衰老的表现
plain getting older stuff.
因为一想到
Because the idea...
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表