剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
我其实还有个地方想带你去看看
I-I did have one more place I wanted to show you.
带我去吧
Show me.
谢谢你们大老远过来
Thank you for coming over.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
好了
Okay.
好
Okay.
好的
Okay.
科里
Korey.
能和你聊两句吗
Can I have a word?
我到车跟前等你
I'll wait for you by the car.
今晚真是...
Tonight was, um...
杰克 没必要拐弯抹角
Look, Jack, we don't have to tiptoe around it.
今晚很尴尬
Tonight was awkward.
我表现得不怎么样
It wasn't my finest.
是 我也不怎么样
Yeah, mine either.
自从兰德尔遇到你...
Ever since Randall met you...
好吧 说实话
All right. If I'm being honest,
自从兰德尔学会讲话 他就爱问我问题
ever since Randall could talk, he would ask me questions.
"爸爸 为什么所有人都盯着我们"
"Why is everybody staring at us, Dad?"
"为什么我们没有黑人邻居"
"Wh-why don't we have any black neighbors?"
他总爱问我问题
He-he would ask questions,
我也都答得上来
and I always had an answer for him.
我不知道答得好不好
I-I don't know how good the answers were,
但我答得上来
but I had them.
可最近 他的问题变得...
And lately, his questions have gotten...
很复杂
very complicated.
我感觉我在让他失望
And I feel like I'm letting him down.
那孩子是我的全世界
That kid is my whole world.
可我...
And I...
我有些黔驴技穷了
I'm out of my depth here.
其实我申请海恩斯学院
You know, I only applied to Hanes
是因为那是最好的学校
'cause it's the best,
而我想去最好的学校教书
and I wanted to teach at the best.
但我也知道那里只有我一个黑人老师
But I knew I'd be the only one there.
所以...
So...
我想当我遇上兰德尔的时候...
I guess when I met Randall...
我特别能够理解他
...I understood him.
后来当我看到他在寻找什么的时候
And then when I saw that he was searching,
我就觉得 我可以在这方面帮助他
I just, I felt like I could help him with all that.
-你当然可以 -不
- Well, you can. - No.
我只是早八点到下午三点和他相处 一周五天
I get him from 8:00 to 3:00, five days a week.
如果我幸运的话 也许他将来还会记着我
I mean, if I'm lucky, one day, he'll remember me
记得我对他来说好像曾是一个重要的人
as someone who was vaguely important to him once.
但你是他的父亲
But you're his father.
将来还会是他孩子的爷爷
Yeah, you're gonna be a grandfather to his children.
你会永远陪着他
You're gonna be with him forever.
科里 我没法教我儿子如何做一名黑人
Korey, I-I can't teach my son how to be black.
不
Oh, no.
不 不要 别教他这个
No, don't, don't do that.
好吗
Okay?
因为你们 你们做不到这件事
'Cause you-you, you can't do that.
好了 稍等 等一会儿 稍等一下
All right, hold on, one, one second. Just hold on.
再等一下
One second.
这本...是《疲倦的布鲁斯》
This... is The Weary Blues.
是由史上最糟糕的抄写员朗斯顿·修斯创作的
By one of the baddest scribes ever to live, Langston Hughes.
我本来打算送给兰德尔
I was gonna give this to Randall,
但我妻子让我把它留在车里
but my wife told me to leave it in the car.
兰德尔他... 他很喜欢他的作品
Randall is... he's really into his work.
-谢谢 -不客气 那...
- Thanks. - Yeah. Well, um...
我们家长会上再见了
I'll see you at the parent-teacher meeting.
-到时候见 -好的
- See you there. - Yeah.
这位...劳伦斯老师
So... Mr. Lawrence.
他人挺好的 我明白你为什么喜欢他了
He's a pretty cool guy. I can see why you like him.
他还好啦
He's okay.
不 他...
No, he's, um...
他真的非常棒
he's pretty cool.
其实他 他 他给了我这个
Yeah, he, he, he gave me this.
他说你会非常喜欢的
He said that you liked it a lot.
我也打算好好读一读
I'm planning on reading it, too.
-是吗 -当然
- You are? - Mm-hm.
这是一本诗集 爸
This is a book of poetry, Dad.
怎么了 我喜欢诗
What, I like poetry.
我真信
Sure you do.
好吧 那我收回那句话
Okay, I'll take that back, then.
因为你对我们说了谎 所以禁足一周
You're grounded for a week for lying to us.
以后绝对不准再骗我们了
It cannot happen again.
我和兰德尔聊过了 我们都同意
Randall and I talked, and we agreed
你可以继续和马利克交往
that you can see Malik.
-真的吗 -不过要有人监督
- Seriously? - But supervised.
好吗 要么我和贝丝在家的时候在咱们家见
All right? Either in this house when Beth and I are home,
或者马利克父母在家的时候 在他们家见
or at Malik's house, when his parents are home.
我们今晚没机会好好了解马利克...
We didn't really get to know Malik tonight...
不过我们很想了解他
...but we'd like to.
你愿意跟我们聊聊他吗
Mind telling us about him?
-我现在能看了吗 -稍等 再等一下
- Can I look now? - Hold on, just wait a second.
首先 他超爱芝士牛肉三明治
Well, he's obsessed with cheesesteaks.
他非常自信 但并不自大
He's very confident. Not cocky.
而且...
And...
他就是那种一走进房♥间
he's the type of guy that walks into a room
-所有人都会注意到他的人 -看吧
- and everyone notices. - Now.
太姥姥 这好黏啊
G.G., it's sticky.
是啊
Yeah.
你还弄得到处都是 小宝贝
And you're getting it everywhere, baby girl.
-小黛 -怎么了 妈妈
- Dayje? - Yeah, Mama?
看外面 小宝贝
Look outside, tater-tot.
你看到那些灯了吗
You see the lights?
很漂亮 对吧
They're pretty, right?
马利克的特别之处在于
The thing about Malik is,
他让我感觉找到了自己
he makes me feel like myself.
让我有一种归属感
Like I have a piece of home.
该死 我是不是又搞砸了
Oh, damn, did I mess up again?
不 你完全没有搞砸
No, you didn't mess up at all.
其实我背下了最喜欢的那首诗
You know, I actually memorized my favorite one.
真的吗
You did?
我能听听吗
Can I hear it?
《我也》
"I, Too."
"我也歌♥唱美国
"I, too, sing America.
我是那个黑皮肤的兄弟
I am the darker brother.
当有客人登门的时候
They send me to eat in the kitchen,
他们总赶我去厨房♥吃饭
when company comes.
但我大声笑大口吃 我长得壮
But I laugh, and I eat well, and I grow strong.
明天 我也会在饭桌上吃饭
Tomorrow, I'll be at the table.
当有客人再登门时 没人敢对我说
When company comes, nobody'll dare say to me,
'去厨房♥吃饭'
'eat in the kitchen,' then.
而且他们会看到我们有多么美
Besides, they'll see how beautiful we are, and...
并因此羞愧
Be ashamed.
我也是美国人"
I, too, am America."
我们可以一起读那本诗集
We could read that together.
如果你愿意的话
If you want.
我非常非常乐意
I would like that very much.
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表