剧集 | 诅咒(2023) | 导航列表
...遍布整个州
...throughout our state,
我们只能希望变化很快到来
we can only hope changes come soon,
尤其是对这个地区来说 我是KOE 7的莫妮卡·佩雷斯
especially to this area. Monica Perez, KOE 7.
多谢莫妮卡 令人震惊
Thank you, Monica, shocking stuff.
成瘾没有风趣可言
There is nothing funny about addiction.
好了 让我们把画面交给凯里
All right. Let's check in with Carey.
让天气预报给您带来晴朗的心情
And brighten things up with forecast.
好嘛 我可以告诉你...
Ooh, well, I'll tell you...
要知道 赌博成瘾在我们州
You know, gambling addiction is a huge problem here
是一个很严重的问题 我们的报道
in our states and our reporting
揭露了哨河赌场中存在的可疑的行为
uncovered questionable practices at Whistling River.
莫妮卡·佩雷斯为您报道
Monica Perez reports.
骰子的滚动 轮盘的转动
The roll of the dice, the spin of the wheel,
扑克牌的翻转
the turn of the card.
任何时候 你都有可能成为赢家
At any moment, you could be a winner.
但对那些超过一千万的
But for more than 10 million Americans
赌博成瘾的美国人来说
who are addicted to gambling,
这些画面可能会让他们回想起
these images may remind them of their life savings
他们的积蓄付诸东流
going down the drain.
为了防止这种现象
And to prevent this from happening,
本地戒赌人士如乔安娜·埃尔南德斯...
local recovering addicts like Joanna Hernandez...
依赖新墨西哥博♥彩♥控制委员会
rely on the New Mexico Gaming Control Board,
与赌场达成合作
in collaboration with the casinos themselves,
来防止他们赌博
to prevent them from playing.
他们让我进去 看着我玩
They let me in, they watch me play,
当我赢了之后 他们向我走来
and when I win, they come up to me
告诉我 "我们要拿走你的钱"
and tell me "We're taking your money."
在失去七年前通过赌博获得的
After losing her daughter's college savings
给女儿上大学的积蓄后
through gambling seven years ago,
埃尔南德斯女士加入了博♥彩♥控制委员会的
Ms. Hernandez joined the Gaming Control Board's
自我戒赌计划 这倒逼赌场
self- exclusion program, which forces casinos
如由圣佩德罗普韦布洛运营的哨河赌场
like Whistling River, run by the San Pedro Pueblo
拒绝像埃尔南德斯女士这样的瘾君子进入
to deny entry to addicts like Ms. Hernandez.
但通过我们的报道 我们发现
But through our reporting, we discovered
博♥彩♥控制委员会不仅玩忽职守
the Gaming Control Board is not only negligent in its duty
不仅不阻止他们进入 保护那些瘾君子
to deny that access and protect those addicts,
还有意允许他们进行赌博
but it's knowingly allowing them to play.
我们拿到的监控录像显示埃尔南德斯女士
This security footage we obtained shows Ms. Hernandez
在印度之梦老虎机上
winning a $35,000 jackpot
中了三万五千美元的头奖
at the Indian Dreaming slot machine,
在这时候 几个赌场工作人员
at which point, several casino staff,
包括一个来自
including an onsite inspector
新墨西哥博♥彩♥控制委员会的现场检查员
from the New Mexico Gaming Control Board
出现在赌场门口
appear on the casino floor.
你会看到这里 赌场工作人员站在旁边
You'll see here, the casino staff stood by
当埃尔南德斯女士从老虎机转到了21点
as Ms. Hernandez switched from slots to blackjack,
她的连胜记录在那里延续
where her winning streak continued.
我们发现她参加了自我戒赌计划
We figured out she had an accurate self- exclusion
在她中了头奖之后
after she won the jackpot,
但当我去把她从赌场带走的时候
but when I went to go remove her off the casino floor,
现场检查员对我说 "不 不 不 等一下
the inspector was like, "No, no, no, let's wait,
我们别管她 看看她能赢多少"
let's leave her, see how much she can win,"
仿佛是一种变♥态♥的游戏
like it was some sick game of his.
由这里可以看到控制板检查员
Watch here as the control board inspector
和一名身份不明的赌场工作人员
and an unidentified casino staffer
似乎很开心看到埃尔南德斯女士
seemed to find delight in watching Ms. Hernandez
筹码积少成多
accumulate chips knowing full well
法律规定赌场必须没收她赢得的所有的钱
the casino is legally required to confiscate everything she wins.
但有一个人没有在笑 那就是埃尔南德斯女士
But one person who is not laughing is Ms. Hernandez,
直到赌场
as it was not until the casino
让她的奖金累积超过七万美元
let her accumulate upwards of $70,000 in winnings
他们才介入
that they stepped in.
我心想 "为什么 这是我的钱"
I was like, "Why? It's my money."
我赢得的 我要带着那些筹码离开
I won it. I'm gonna leave with those chips
因为我弟弟会回来
because my brother's gonna come back
替我兑成现金
and cash them in for me.
他们告诉我 "不行 你得把那些筹码留在这里"
They tell me, "No, you have to leave those chips here."
而一些赌场使用人脸识别技术
While some casinos use facial recognition technology
将有问题的赌徒止于门口
to catch problem gamblers right at the door,
我们的报道显示博♥彩♥控制委员会
our reporting shows the Gaming Control Board
已经拖后腿了
has dragged their feet.
惠特
Whit?
惠特 宝贝
Whit? Baby?
你看新闻了吗
Did you see the news?
那是你在笑吗
Was that you laughing?
是我 但她完全歪曲了我在做的事
It was me, but she completely misrepresented what I was doing.
我在告诉他把她移走
I was telling him he had to remove her.
这就是我为什么指着她
That's why I was pointing.
你在拍他的背
You were patting him on the back.
我只是在表示友好 因为我想说服他
I was being friendly because I was trying to persuade him.
这非常令人不快
It was extremely uncomfortable.
你为什么不能亲自阻止她
Why didn't you just stop her yourself?
好吧 第一 那不是我的工作
Well, A, that's not my job.
第二 检查员可能已经...
And, B, the inspector could have been--
他可能已经生气了
I mean, he could have been annoyed
我们需要和博♥彩♥控制委员会保持
and we need to maintain a good relationship
良好的关系 否则会对赌场有害
with the control board or else it could hurt the casino.
很难解释清楚当时的情况
I mean, it's really hard to explain the vibe in that moment.
你说你目睹了这一切的时候
You know, when you said that you witnessed this,
我没想过你是其中的一份子
I didn't realize that you were part of it.
你怎么能指责我参与了这件事呢
How could you accuse me of being part of this?
我是想让他把她送走
I--I was trying to get him to remove her.
我是那个吹哨人
I'm--I'm the one who blew the whistle
报道这则新闻都是因为我
This news story is because of me.
如果不是我逼你 你什么也不会做
You wouldn't have done anything if I hadn't forced you to.
胡说八道
That's bullshit.
是吗
Is it bullshit?
你不会做任何好事
You wouldn't do anything good
如果我不逼你去做
if I didn't force you to.
弄好了 - 好的 谢谢
There you go. - Okay. Thank you.
我们来得正是时候
And we're on good timing.
你要跟我来吗 - 好
You wanna follow me? - Yeah.
我们会让你坐在这里
So, we're gonna have you sit right here.
嘿 - 嗨
Hey. - Hi.
她来了
She is.
好了 你们准备好了吗
All right. You guys good?
开拍 - 好了
Rolling. - All right.
好的 让我...
So, all right. So, let me--let's, um,
让我们从
let's start off with, um,
你们的关系怎么样了
how's your--how's your relationship doing?
最近怎么样
How's it all going?
我想每段关系
well, I think every relationship
都会到达一个点让你开始质疑一切
reaches a point where you start to question things.
这很正常
You know, that--that's normal,
每个人都经历过
everyone goes through that, you know?
你注意到自己在保守小秘密
You notice yourself keeping little secrets,
你不与他们分享的事情
things that you don't share with them,
因为你不知道他们是否会支持你
because you wonder if they'll have your back.
你会认为如果你和一个人在一起多年
Uh, and you would think that if you've spent years with someone,
最终在某个时刻
that eventually at some point
你会觉得你真的了解他们
you'd feel like you really know them.
但说实话
But honestly,
也许有时候...
maybe sometimes...
你从没了解过
you never do.
因为你开始看到这个人的影子
Because you start to see these glimpses of a person
你认不出他们 这让你恐惧
that you don't recognize, and it's--it's scary.
你禁不住好奇 这是真实的他们吗
And you wonder, is that the real them?
我对他们的想法是一种投射还是真实的
Is my idea of them just a projection or is that real?
你知道吗
You know?
你有没有觉得
Do you ever feel like, um,
剧集 | 诅咒(2023) | 导航列表