剧集 | 诅咒(2023) | 导航列表
但我们真心相信中产阶级化
But we really believe that gentrification
并不是一场非赢即输的游戏
doesn't have to be a game of winners and losers.
这差不多就是我们今天在这里的原因
And that's sort of why we're here today.
我们明白无碳生活的
We understand that the price point
代价仍在高涨
of carbon-neutral living is still higher
远超过了大家所能支付的
than many people can afford,
环保人士的涌入
and the influx of eco-conscious buyers
会逼高房♥租 让现有居民流离失所
can push rent up and displace current residents.
但与你在电视上看到的其他房♥地♥产♥开♥发♥商不同
But unlike other home developers that you might see on TV,
与其忽视居民
rather than ignoring residents
我们会用行动取代这种现象
that might be displaced by our actions,
我们用售出房♥屋的一部分资金来补贴房♥租
we use a portion of each home sale to subsidize local rent.
就拿这里的终身居民费尔南多·卡斯蒂略来说
Take for example lifelong resident Fernando Castillo.
他的母亲面临着被驱逐的危险
His mother was facing, uh, eviction
因为房♥租的上涨
because of a rent increase.
我们不仅帮助她负担住房♥
And not only did we help to keep her housing affordable,
我们还给费尔南多安排了一份全职工作
but we actually arranged a full-time job for Fernando
在我们后面的这家咖啡店里
at the coffee house right behind us.
经济适用房♥
Affordable housing,
那么这个倡议会包括你父母的房♥子在内吗
so would this initiative include any of your parents' buildings?
我家人在埃斯帕诺拉没有房♥产
My family has no buildings in Española,
而且我...我跟那家公♥司♥没有关系
and I'm... I'm not affiliated with that company in any way.
没错 惠特尼
Exactly, Whitney.
我身后的这些新店都是环保品牌
These new shops behind me are all eco-friendly brands
致力于帮助埃斯帕诺拉蓬勃发展
committed to helping Española thrive.
我们对这次合作感到无比兴奋
And we couldn't be more excited about this collaboration.
加入埃斯帕诺拉被动生活办公室
Joining the Española Passive Living Office,
我们也用来展示当地的艺术家
which we also use to showcase local artists,
壁垒咖啡和洛申卡裤业都承诺
Barrier Coffee and Iosheka Jeans have all committed
专门从埃斯帕诺拉社区招聘员工
to hiring staff exclusively from the Española community.
所以 虽然负担能力也许在下降
So, while affordability may be decreasing,
机会却是雨后春笋
opportunities are rising.
我们正在努力抵消变化带来的负面影响
We are trying to offset the negative impacts of change
通过创造一个可持续的生态系统
by creating a sustainable ecosystem of sorts,
一个没有输家的地方
one where there are no losers.
所以这里的每个人都是赢家
Oh, so everybody's a winner here?
每个人都是赢家
Everybody's a winner.
我还是想说回你的家人 惠特尼
I just wanna go back to your family, Whitney.
你觉得他们...
Do you think that they're...
你为什么要说回她的家人 她已经回答过了
Why are we going back to her family? She answered that.
让我们跳过这一茬
Let's move on.
好的
Yes.
好 -但书尾大厦
Yeah. - But the Bookends Building
被居民称为"人间地狱"
has been referred to by residents as "Hell on Earth,"
实际上 在2000年
and in fact, in 2020,
指对房♥屋维护疏于职守,导致房♥屋条件恶劣,但仍向住户收取高额租金的房♥东
圣达菲的记着把你父母称为贫民窟房♥东
the Santa Fe reporter called your parents slumlords
因为他们对驱逐的无情态度
because of their ruthless approach to evictions.
我只是想知道你们的整体方法
So, I'm just wondering if your holistic approach
是否会扩散到整个社区
would extend to that community as well?
我们的重心是埃斯帕诺拉
Our focus is on Española.
我懂了
I see.
你有没有想过
Have you thought about potentially
跟你父母谈谈 关于他们...
talking to your parents, though, about how maybe they...
我们今天是来谈谈自己的 好吗
We're here to talk about us today, okay?
阿什 -好的
Ash. - Okay.
你父母是做什么的
What do your parents do?
纯属好奇 他们是做什么的
Just curious, what do they do?
我妈是一名护士 我爸抛弃了我们
My mom's a nurse and my dad actually abandoned us
在我很小的时候
when I was really young,
所以我不知道他现在在做什么
so I don't know what he's doing right now.
你父亲的事我很遗憾
I'm so sorry about your father.
那一定很有挑战性
That must have been very challenging.
你会怎么想如果我问你
How would you feel if I asked you,
问起你父亲并穷追不舍
uh, about your father and kept asking more about that?
哈 我不会问 但我只是想说明这点
Huh? I'm not going to, but I'm making a point.
你不是他 对吧 你是一名独♥立♥的女性
You're not him, right? You're your own woman.
你很聪明 富有智慧
You're smart, you're intelligent,
你非常漂亮 你是独♥立♥女性
you're beautiful, you're your own woman.
我们也是
And so are we.
我们是西格尔夫妇
We're the Siegels.
我们不是贫民窟房♥东
We're not slumlords.
所以让我们来谈自己 好吗
So let's talk about us, okay?
我跟你说话的时候看着我 好吗
Look at me when I'm talking to you, okay?
别看她
Don't look at her.
我...我在说话
I'm... I'm the one talking,
所以你能看着我吗
so you should look at me
因为如果你不看着我
because when you don't look at me,
让我感觉你左耳进右耳出
it makes me feel like you're not listening
不记下我说的话
and not registering the things that I'm saying.
这是基本的礼貌
It's just common courtesy.
这样有点粗鲁
It's a little rude to do.
但是 呃...
But, um...
我们是来谈...
we're here to talk...
我们只是在交谈 这很好
we're just talking and this is great,
我们在谈论社区
and we're talking about the community,
我们今天是为了社区而来
and we're here for the community today
这是振奋人心的...这就是关键所在
and that's just so exciting and that's what... that's the point.
所以 让我们继续吧
So, let's continue.
嗯哼
Mm-hmm.
好的 呃...
All right. Um...
我想我们今天就到此为止了
You know, I think we're good.
我们拍到了所有内容
I think we have everything.
非常感觉你们
Thank you guys so much.
实际上你们可以摘下麦克风了
You can actually go ahead and start taking the mics off.
谢谢
Yeah. Thank you.
哦 非常感谢
Oh, thank you so much.
太好了
Great.
谢谢 我能行
Thank you. I got it.
谢谢
Thank you.
你很好
You're good.
再见
Goodbye.
那是一次偷袭
That was a sneak attack.
我联♥系♥她的时候
She said nothing about your parents
她压根没提到你的父母
when I reached out to her.
太糟糕了
That was awful.
你太咄咄逼人了
You were so aggressive.
我们不能...我们那段不能播出
We can't... we can't have that air.
我们说什么
What do we say?
你告诉一个记者不能播什么
It's like, you tell a reporter not to air something.
反而是此地无银三百两
And that, that becomes the story,
就会变成...
that becomes part of...
本来谷歌♥上没有能把我和他们联♥系♥上的证据
There's, there's nothing on Google that ties me to them,
现在这会是第一个出现的东西
and now this is the first thing that's gonna come up.
我们跟他们做的事毫无关系
This is... we have nothing to do with their business.
你好 我们今天提供咖啡、饼干和牛角面包
Hi. So, we've got coffee, cookies, and croissants today.
用你的代金券可以免费喝一杯滴滤咖啡
You get a free drip coffee with your voucher there
但任何冲泡都是额外的
and any pour-over is extra, though.
好的 所以那可以给你一杯滴滤咖啡
Uh, yeah. So that gets you a drip coffee.
是的 咖啡 -是的
Yeah, coffee. - Yeah.
酷
Cool.
如果我们给她点别的呢
What if we offered her something else?
你什么意思
Like what do you mean?
你总是在抱怨游戏板
Like you're always complaining about the gaming board.
是
Yeah.
你知道吗 也许这是你的机会
You know? And maybe this is your chance
来有所作为了
to do something about it.
把那个故事给她当做交易吗
Like offer her that story as like a trade?
十五分钟
Fifteen minutes.
哦耶
Oh, yeah.
你知道的 你是明星
剧集 | 诅咒(2023) | 导航列表