剧集 | 热点推手(2016) | 导航列表
Emily was just getting further and further away.
艾米丽就这么离我们越来越
Laurie, Ted, that was great.
劳拉 泰德 干得很好
But in the 24-hour news cycle,
在接下来24小时的新闻周期里
you get exactly one shot to make these viewers care.
你只有一个让观众们关注你的机会
All right? The ring twists, Ted --
明白了吗? 你扭你的戒指 泰德
it could read as an unstable marriage.
那可能会理解成你们的婚姻并不稳定
Lack of eye contact hints at a secret.
缺少眼神的交流让人感觉你们心虚
And if the viewers get caught up in those distractions,
如果那些小动作让观众分心
they're not thinking about what matters,
而他们就不会去想最重要的事情
which is your missing daughter.
你的女儿失踪的事情
JonBenét Ramsey's parents had one bad interview on CNN,
桥班尼特 拉姆齐的父母在CNN上搞砸了
never crawled out from under it.
从此再没进入人们的视线
Hey. You guys are gonna be great.
嗨 你们会做好的
Okay?
好吗?
Look, Jake, we got to ask.
听着 杰克 我们必须要问你
After Oscar Keaton said that stuff about you on the news,
奥斯卡 齐顿 在新闻里说了关于你的那些话
are -- are you sure you can help us right now?
你确定你现在有空能帮我们?
Ted, I made a stupid, stupid mistake.
泰德 我犯了一个非常 非常愚蠢的错误
But this firm is fully focused on helping you find Emily.
但是这家律所一定会把帮你们找到艾米丽放在第一位
The media rollout is catching fire.
媒体上的首次登场最为重要
That means more police on the case,
这意味着这起案件会有更多警力
more pressure on those police until Emily comes home.
更大的压力会压在警方身上直到艾米丽回家
Okay?
别担心了
Okay.
好吧
Why don't we call it a day.
我们今天就到这里吧
We'll meet tomorrow, we'll prep one more time...
我们明天再见一面 在彩排一次
...and then we'll head over to "Louise Herrick Live."
然后我们就去LHL节目组
Uh, actually, we need to talk to you about the interview.
额 事实上 我们得和你谈谈采访的事
On the way over, we received an offer
在我们来的路上 我们收到凯莉康纳斯的邀请
to do an exclusive on Callie Connors' show.
请我们去做一个独家新闻
They offered us $100,000.
他们出了十万美元
"Louise Herrick Live" Never pays for interviews,
LHL从来不出钱找采访对象
but I can assure you it is the better option.
但是我可以向你保证这是更好的选择
We need the money to fund the search.
我们需要这笔钱来支持接下来的调查
We've already spent that much on private investigators,
我们请私♥家♥侦♥探♥ 搜索犬 调查直升机
scent dogs, a search helicopter.
差不多就已经花了这么多了
Callie Connors -- she's unpredictable.
凯莉 康纳斯 她这个人总是出其不意
I have an existing relationship with Julia George and "LHL."
而茱莉亚乔治和LHL和我们共事过 我是了解的
I know it's not ideal, but we're going with Callie.
我知道这样并不太理想 但我们还是决定去凯莉那里
Jake, you promised me their interview.
杰克 采访的事你答应过我的
Not to mention Callie Connors is an unstable mess
更别说这个凯莉 康纳斯根本就不靠谱
and her show is a huge gamble.
上她的节目完全是赌博
I mean, depending on her mood,
我的意思是她要是心情不好了
she could rip the parents apart.
完全可能把这对父母都撕碎
True, Julia, but it's not like your show
我知道 茱莉亚 但你的节目也不是
is all sunshine and softballs.
除了阳光幸福就剩垒球了
I'm sorry, Julia.
对不起 茱莉亚
Really.
说真的
Hey, Julia, listen,
嘿 茱莉亚 听着
I think we should match Callie's offer to the parents.
我认为我们不能被凯莉的条件比下去
We don't do that.
出钱不是我们的风格
I don't mean paying for an interview.
我不是说出钱
Rather, a donation to the Find Emily Parker fund.
而是筹集一个为艾米丽的捐款
Darin, no.
达林 不
Research just gave me the heads up --
之前的调查给了我主意
Callie beat us last night.
凯莉昨天晚上超过我们了
First time in seven months.
七个月来的第一次
If she owns this Emily Parker story,
如果让她拿到艾米丽 派克的新闻
we're gonna keep on losing.
我们就会一直这么输下去
What the hell are you doing here?
你怎么还有脸回来?
I want you to rehire me as your attorney.
我要你重新让我做你的代理律师
You're insane.
你疯了吧
You accused me of killing Sarah.
你指控我杀了萨拉
Now, you can either double down, Oscar,
现在你要么双倍下注 奥斯卡
which will backfire as pundits speculate
引得那些事不关己的评论者们
on whether or not you knew about your wife's affair,
判断你究竟对你妻子的不忠知不知情
or I can go on TV and issue a mea culpa stating that I did,
或者我去面对电视台 去承担我应负的责任
in fact, regretfully, sleep with your wife
再对和你妻子的事表示非常遗憾与抱歉
and then state with absolute certainty
并且声明
that you had no knowledge whatsoever
你对莎拉的不忠
about Sarah's infidelity.
绝对不知情
Your ego...
你的自负
...just can't handle the fact that I fired you.
让你无法接受我炒了你的事实
It's a conflict waiver.
这是一张冲突弃权声明
It states that you are rehiring me
上面写着你完全相信我的代理
with absolute faith in the efficacy of my representation.
从而重新聘用了我
You doing this for me or for you?
你这么做是为我还是为了你自己
Does it matter?
这重要吗?
Either shank me with this pen or sign the damn document.
你要么拿这支笔戳我要么就拿它签字
I'm your best shot out of here, and we both know it.
我是你手上最好的一张牌了 你我都心知肚明
I've been digging deep on Emily Parker.
我一直在仔细查艾米丽 派克的事
She's got an aunt and uncle in Denver,
她在丹佛有有一个对亲属
but they're not returning calls.
但他们还没回电♥话♥
I reached a couple of her classmates,
我也接触了她的一些同学
but no one's gonna stack up against her parents.
但没有人想和她的父母对着干
I hate that we are chasing Callie Connors.
好气啊 我们干嘛要追着凯莉 康纳斯跑呢
I hate that two shows are fighting over one missing girl
为什么两节目要为一个失踪的女孩争执不休
when 600 girls go missing every year in L.A.
而洛杉矶每年失踪的女孩就就有600多
600?
600多?
When I was researching Emily, I went into the database.
我用的失踪人口数据库查的艾米丽
Of course, those 600 aren't all blonde, blue-eyed,
当然 那600个女孩又不全是金发碧眼
and upper-middle-class like Emily.
和艾米丽一样出生中产阶级
"Princess stolen from her castle" Is the story that sells.
“城♥堡♥里失踪的公主”这样的故事才叫好叫座
You know what?
不如这样
Let Callie do it the easy way.
就让凯莉走捷径好了
She found a princess. I say we create one.
既然她能发现一位公主 我就能自己造一个
What are you talking about?
我怎么听不懂你在说什么?
I want to go with one of the other 599,
我要为另外599位女孩讨个公道
and we are gonna make her just as big
和艾米丽一样声势浩大
and just as important as Emily.
一样重如泰山
We are gonna make the whole country
我们要让整个国家
care about a girl they never even knew existed.
关注这个女孩 即是他们从未知道其存在过
Natalee Holloway.
娜塔莉 豪威
Elizabeth Smart.
伊丽莎白 斯玛特
Emily Parker.
艾米丽 派克
You know their names and their stories.
也许你知道她们的名字和故事
You've held your breath along with their parents,
和她们父母一样 你也许同在屏息期待
hoping that they would be found.
希望她们终会回家
But tonight you'll be seeing the faces of other young women
但今晚 你会看见其他年轻女性的面庞
who have gone missing,
她们同样走失
whose names are tragically unfamiliar.
她们的名字我们也从未耳闻
These are young women whose disappearances
她们的消失
have devastated their families and friends,
在她们的亲友生命中留下了永久的创伤
yet garnered little to no media attention,
却鲜有媒体问津
which all too often goes hand-in-hand
随之而来的
with a lack of police attention.
是警方的漠然无视
And you'll hear the story of one
今晚你会听到那些被忽视的
of these overlooked young women.
年轻女性中的一位
Silvia Baez's daughter, Rosa, is 17 years old.
斯尔维亚 巴斯的女儿 罗莎年仅17岁
She lives just six miles from Emily Parker,
其住所仅距艾米丽 派克家六英里
and went missing the exact same night.
并且和她消失在同晚
Silvia, what happened to Rosa?
斯尔维亚 能告诉我们发生了什么吗?
My daughter works at a burger drive-through.
我女儿在一家汉堡得来速工作
She walks home every night at 9:00.
每晚九点步行回家
Three nights ago, she didn't come home.
三晚以前 她没有回家
I understand you're disappointed in the police response?
我理解您对警方的回应很失望
Yes.
对
I called them,
我向他们求助
and it took them two hours to come to my house.
但他们花了两个小时才到我家
And they refused to ping Rosa's phone to locate her.
并且他们还拒绝定位罗莎的手♥机♥
剧集 | 热点推手(2016) | 导航列表