剧集 | 石油天王(2024) | 导航列表
-我打电♥话♥问问 -能快一点吗?
- Let me make a few calls. - Can you make them fast?
因为我们下周就要
Because we're supposed to
开始清理钻井平台了
start clearing pads next week.
石油天王
第一季第6集
你以前干过这个吗?
You ever done this before?
次数多到数不清了
More than I can count.
真的吗? 你面对着遗孀和遗孤
Really? You've faced widows and orphans
就已经算过无数次
Mand tried to assign a monetary value-
该给遇难者家属多少赔偿金了吗?
to their loved ones' lives more times than you can count?
在这种情况下
Under these circumstances,
我确实没处理过类似的情况
no, I've never done this before.
让我们暂且先撇开
Let's leave all the lawyer
律师的身份吧 懂我意思吗?
out here on the porch, know what I mean?
不知道
No.
我大概明白
I mean, kind of.
这部分的意思是
What this means,
看这里的说明
this section here,
接受这笔赔偿金并不会影响
is that accepting these funds does not nullify
你们丈夫的任何保险政策
any insurance policy your husbands may have had,
他们都通过公♥司♥投保了定期寿险
and they each had term policies through the company
死亡抚恤金为25000美元
with death benefits of $25,000.
25000美元能用来干嘛?
What are we supposed to do with $25,000?
这只是用于支付丧葬费的固定金额
It is a nominal amount to cover funeral expenses.
这是医疗保险的标准条款
It's standard through your medical insurance.
那我们的医疗保险呢?
What about our medical insurance?
你们的保单将转为COBRA
Your policy will COBRA,
也就是说保单有效期为1 8个月
which means that you will remain on the policy for 18 months.
之后你们可以自费延长保险期限
Then, you can extend the policy at your own expense.
这是一份慰问赔偿
This is called a bereavement offer.
意思是
It means
我们充分理解你们
e w recognize the challenges
家庭所面临的困境
your families face,
并希望帮助你们渡过难关
and want to help you overcome those challenges.
有什么陷阱吗?
What's the catch?
没有陷阱
No catch.
你们想从我们这里得到什么?
What do you want from us?
什么都不要
Nothing.
只要你们在底部签名
Just your signature at the bottom
表示确认收到就行了
that you received them.
嗯...
Um...
“豁免” 是什么意思?
What does indem... "indemnify" mean?
这指的是责任归属
That refers to liability
放弃追究过失责任的权利
and waving assertions of culpability..
什么是追究? 什么是 “过失责任”?
What's an assertion? And what's "culpability"?
这些都是法律术语
Those are legal terms.
意思是你们不能在十年后
It just means you can't decide in ten years
说这场事故是我们的责任
that the accident was our fault.
如果真的是你们的责任呢?
What if it was your fault?
这不是我们的错
It wasn't our fault.
这也不是你丈夫的错
It wasn't your husband's fault.
这不是任何人的错
It wasn't anyone's fault.
但如果是呢?
But what if it was?
那你们就得证明这一点
Then you'd have to prove it.
你们得把支票退回来
You'd have to hand that check back,
再去请个比我们这儿更厉害的律师
go hire a lawyer... one better than our lawyers...
证明是我们的错
and prove it was our fault.
而我们会证明是你们的错
While we try to prove it was yours...
她的意思是
What she means is,
我们都不想打官司
Inone of us wants to fight..
这是一场悲剧 我们宁愿
This is a tragedy, and we would rather
主动提供赔偿帮助你们渡过难关
openly offer money to help you through it
而不是为了怪谁而争吵
than fight about blame.
但如果不是你们的错 为什么要给我们赔偿?
But if you're not to blame, why would you offer us anything?
因为这比自证要省事
Because it's cheaper than proving it..
失陪一下
Excuse me.
警长办公室
Sheriff's department.
呃...抱歉 我应该是打错了..
Uh... Sorry, I must have dialed the wrong...
你找库珀·诺里斯吗?
rAe you calling for Cooper Norris?
嗯...
Um...
- -他是你朋友吗?
- Yes. - Are you a friend?
算是吧
I think so.
他出什么事了吗?
Did something happen to him?
-你叫什么名字? -阿丽安娜
- What's your name? -Ariana.
你是怎么认识他的 阿丽安娜?
How do you know him, Ariana?
他在我丈夫的井队工作
Uh, he worked on my husband's crew.
有人伤害他了吗?
Did somebody hurt him?
有人把他打成了重伤
Someone hurt him really bad.
他们殴打了他
They beat him.
你知道是谁干的吗?
You know anybody would want to do that?
嗯...他是在哪被打的?
Uh... Where was this?
在他工人营地的拖车里
In his trailer at a man camp.
我想到了一个人
I know someone.
-是谁? -曼努埃尔·洛佩兹
Who would that be? - Manuel Lopez-
他在我家威胁过库珀
He threatened Cooper at my house..
怎么威胁的?
Threatened him how?
用枪指着他
With a gun.
威胁说要杀了他
Threatened to kill him.
他为什么要这么做?
Why would he do that?
因为 呃...因为嫉妒
Because, um... Because jealousy.
他伤得有多重?
How badly is he hurt?
那就要看今晚的情况了
Well, that depends on how the night goes...
曼努埃尔的威胁可能会成真
Manuel's threat may come true.
你姓什么 女士?
What's your last name, ma'am?
-他在哪家医院? -女士 我需要知道
What hospital is he in? - Ma'am, I'm gonna need
你的姓氏
your last name.
我需要你做个口供
I'm gonna need a statement from you.
你要口供是吗?
You want a statement?
那就自己来医院要吧
You come to the hospital and get it.
哪家医院?
Which hospital?
米德兰总院
Midland General.
等 等 就是...
Wait, just...
没事吧?
Everything okay?
应该出事了
I don't think so.
你是谁?
Who are you?
我是布朗 梅尔
I'm an associate with Brown,
和哈蒙德律所的助理 拉姆齐夫人
Mayer, and Hammond, Mrs. Ramsey.
请进
Please, come in.
所以我现在终于能把进自己家了?
So, I can come in my own fucking house now?
-谢谢 -拉姆齐夫人?
- Thank you. -Mrs. Ramsey?
我是布朗 梅尔和哈蒙德律所的
I'm Nelson Means with Brown, Mayer
我知道 你是尼尔森
and Hammond... - I know, Nelson
布朗哈姆斯特什么的
and what-the-fuck, and hamster.
-维克多在哪儿? - 维克多让我们
- Where's Victor? -Victor has asked us
协助处理离婚事宜
to assist in the dissolution of the marriage.
您先请坐好吗?
Would you like to have a seat?
我想和他谈谈
I'd like to speak to him.
维克多希望在和您见面前
Victor would prefer the prenup to be fully executed
先执行婚前协议
prior to any contact.
-是吗? -是的
Would he? -Yes, he would.
请您注意看这一条条款
I'd like you to focus on this clause here,
在第九段
paragraph nine..
这是协议里的出轨条款
This is the infidelity clause of the agreement,
规定了如果您有不忠行为
which states should you engage in adultery,
协议中的补偿部分将作废
the settlement portion of the agreement will be nullified.
我跟谁出轨了?
Who did I commit adultery with?
您是否否认与托马斯·诺里斯先生
Is it your statement that you did not engage
发生了性关系?
in sexual relations with a Mr. Thomas Norris?
哦 那不算出轨 他是我前夫
Oh. That's not adultery. He's my ex-husband.
这就是出轨的定义
That is the very definition of adultery.
从你特意去找他这一点来看
Based on your efforts to travel to him,
剧集 | 石油天王(2024) | 导航列表