剧集 | 铁证悬案(2003) | 导航列表
我就拿走了他身上的二十块
so I stole the twenty dollars.
-就这么简单 -对
- That's it? - Yeah.
-周围没有别人 -没有
- Didn't see anyone? - No.
那些该死的街灯都坏了
I mean, hell all those street lamps were broken out.
当时纺织厂已经倒闭九个月了
It's been night months since the mill closed.
那鬼地方到处都乱七八糟的
Whole damn area was falling apart.
所以你抢了死人的钱
So you ripping off a dead guy,
也怪肯星顿对吗
gonna blame that on Kensington too?
做那件事远比你想象的困难
Doing that was harder than you'll ever know.
我每天都和乔一起上班
I worked with Joe, every day!
整整十年
For ten years.
应该不是什么好事
That can't be good.
我要澄清
There's some mumble-grumble going on around here
近来一些厂里的谣传
that I need to put an end to.
大家都知道 南方没有工会的工厂
You all know how the non-union factories in the south
挤兑得我们开不下去了
are running our mills out of business.
听说你打算让一些老员工提前退休
I heard you're gonna retire some old timers.
那么你也会让我们中的一些人退休
You could lay some of us off too.
不会有人被迫退休 布奇
Not retiring anybody, Butch.
看看南方工厂工人那点微薄的工资
But with the peanut wage they're paying in the south,
我们的工人干得多 拿得少
we're being undersold, out-produced.
意思是你打算缩减我们的工时
Mean you're gonna cut back our hours?
还是那句话 我没这个意思
I'm not saying that either.
那么约翰斯通先生
Then Mr. Johnstone.
我知道一件南方工人们做不到的事
I know one thing they're not doing down south.
那就是织出比我们质量更高的地毯
Is making better carpets than we are.
说的没错 乔
That's true, Joe.
这么说纺织厂不会关闭了
So this mill's not closing down?
我了解你们每个人
Look, I know you all.
不论你是负责洗地毯 绕线 编织 还是捻♥线
Sweepers, bobbin-pullers, weavers, yarn men.
都不会离开这里
None of you are going anywhere.
因为我不会离开这里
Because I'm not going anywhere.
我就留在肯星顿
I'm staying right here in Kensington.
我保证
That's a promise.
我不相信他的话
I ain't buying it guys.
你听见了 他保证不离开
You heard the man, he gave his word!
我把话说在前头 乔
I'm telling you, Joe.
赶紧脱身 不然以后要失业
Get out in front of this before there are no jobs.
直觉告诉我 工厂要关门了
I had a gut feeling the place was going down.
一个月后确实关门了
A month later it did.
还好我留了一手
Lucky I could carve a side of beef.
在一家杂货铺找了份工作
Got a job at the grocery.
但他们三个没我幸运
But those three were out of luck.
先不提死人那一茬
So, forget the dead part.
一个有工作的人
The guy with the job is taking money
却要从失业者身上偷钱
off the guy without one.
这怎么说得通
How does that work?
我不该那么做
I wasn't supposed to
但几乎所有人都来向我借钱
but I was extending credits to almost everyone.
所以最后
So in the end?
我也破产了
I was broke too.
怀孕那时候 我晚上失眠
When I was pregnant I couldn't sleep at night.
乔就会开车带我去看星星
So Joe would drive us out to look at the stars.
多美好的时光
Sounds like nice times.
你们的儿子在哪里
So where is your son?
爱荷华州
In Iowa.
在念书
At school.
他想成为一名作家
He wants to be a writer.
玛丽 回想一下
Mary, thinking back...
谁有杀害乔的嫌疑
Did you know anyone who wanted to hurt Joe?
大家都爱他
Everyone loved Joe.
都想和他在一起 不会伤害他
Wanted to be around him not hut him.
但你们确实有一段艰苦的日子 对吗
You did hit some pretty hard times, though, right?
对 那时连账单都付不起
Oh, for sure. We couldn't pay our bills.
成天靠面条和香肠度日
Lived off macaroni and bologna.
纺织厂关门后
And what about Joe?
乔有什么反应
When that mill closed?
有什么变化吗
You see any change in him?
当然有
Yeah.
不过不是你想的那种变化
But not the one you'd think.
得知消息后 我立刻开车去找他
I drove out as soon as I heard the news.
结果发现他心情很好
Found Joe in a good mood.
乔 我刚得到消息
Joe, I just heard.
别紧张 没关系 蒙蒂有办法
It's okay, it's okay. Monty's come to the rescue.
没错
Yep.
他想大家一起做出租车生意
Monty's got this cap company idea
都嘟囔好几年了
and he's been yapping about it for years.
赢在梦想 亲爱的
Idea's a winner, Hon.
既然蒙蒂提出了想法
Monty says the word,
我们就一起去创业
we're all set to go on a business together.
你们三个一起
All three of you?
蒙蒂出点子 我出一辆车
Monty's got the ideas and I got a car we can use.
既然前景这么乐观
If everything's so rosy,
你怎么看起来还是很不安 蒙蒂
why are you looking so spooked, Monty?
还有很多问题要解决
A lot has to go right.
首先要花钱把布奇的车改装成出租
Starting with the hack up fee for converting Butchie's car into a taxi.
得先交一部分定金
We're gonna need a down payment.
-最迟明天交齐 -要多少
- By tomorrow. - How much?
一千一
Eleven hundred.
我跟改装工说 家里存了一千二
I told him that you and me got 1,200 dollars in savings
本打算用来投资
that we've been wanting to invest.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
你们真觉得这个计划能成功
You really think this can work?
最好成功
It'd better work.
蒙蒂的备用计划可是洗劫约翰斯通的家
Monty's Plan B is to go rip off Johnstone's house.
亲爱的 蒙蒂早都计划好了
Hon, Monty's done his homework.
只是一直没胆量行动
He's just afraid to pull the trigger.
对 他总是这样
Yeah, like always.
既然乔同意 我也同意
Well, you have Joe's vote, you have mine.
蒙蒂 你说过想把这事办成
Monty, you decide you want to shake on this.
我愿意入伙
I'm willing.
但后来出租车生意没能成功
But in the end that taxi business never got off the ground.
为什么
How come?
乔说是自己的错
Joe told me it was his fault.
说收入分配出了问题
Said he messed up on the payments...
因为他没注意契约里的小字
something about not reading the fine print.
这是个不小的打击
That must've been a big blow.
蒙蒂和布奇什么态度
How did Monty and Butch take it?
非常生气
Bad.
他们应该挺恨他搞砸了这事
I think they really hated him for screwing up.
为什么这么说
Why do you say that?
我家乔去世的那年夏天
The summer my Joe died,
所有亲友都赶到肯星顿的街上
everyone we knew walked the streets of Kensington
为他送行
behind his casket.
大家都到了 除了他那两个死党
Everyone that is, except his two best friends.
莉莉·拉什
Lily Rush?
你是谁
Who are you?
马克·菲利普斯
Mark Phillips.
纽约警局的
NYPD.
能进去谈吗
I'm gonna have to come in.
不行
Uh, I don't think so.
是你妹妹克里斯蒂娜的事
It's about your sister Christina.
-她怎么了 -我在找她
- What about her? - I'm looking for her.
为什么
Why?
因为我在找她
'Cause I'm looking for her.
现在我能进去了吗
Mind if I come in now?
我知道冒昧来访让你有点紧张
I understand I'm making you a little nervous,
但你有必要为自己 为你妹妹而配合我
But, it will behoove you and your sister if you cooperate.
我们有必要
Behoove us, huh?
你看
See,
剧集 | 铁证悬案(2003) | 导航列表