Her body was found in a landfill three years ago.
尸体三年前在一个垃圾填埋场被发现
She's the murder victim? Yeah.
她就是死者 对
Listen I'm sorry.
很抱歉
Sorry for the victim? No.
对死者抱歉 不是
Sorry for holding back her identity.
为隐藏她的身份抱歉
Well even though my time
虽然我的时间
and expertise are extremely valuable
和专业知识极其宝贵
I accept your decision to test my abilities.
我接受你测试我专业能力的决定
Obviously I passed with a lot of color.
很明显 我精彩地通过了
Pardon me?
什么
It means I did very well.
意思是我做的很好
Oh right.
没错
You um-- flying colors.
你 是出彩地
You... you passed with flying colors.
你 你很出彩地通过了
Yes. I know.
对 我知道
But passing your tests
既然通过了你的测试
suggests you have something more important in mind.
你就肯定有更重要的事要交给我了
I want to catch the bastard who killed her.
我想找到杀她的混♥蛋♥
But how do you know he was a bastard?
但是你怎么知道他是个混♥蛋♥
How do you even know it was a man?
你怎么知道他是个男的
Well uh... okay.
好吧
I guess you know who that is right? No.
你知道他是谁吧 不知道
Judge Myles Hasty.
迈尔斯·海斯蒂法官
That's a federal judge.
他是联邦法官
Well I don't follow current events past the industrial revolution.
我不关注工业革命以后的时事
He killed Gemma.
是他杀的吉玛
But why haven't you arrested him?
那你为什么不逮捕他
I don't have enough proof.
我没有足够的证据
Then how do you know it's him?
那你怎么知道是他
I just know.
我就是知道
And I'd like to ask you to help me to catch him.
我想请你帮助我来逮捕他
I won't do that.
我不会那么做
Why?
为什么
Well I will help you find out the truth.
我可以帮你查出真♥相♥
And if the truth is that he killed her
如果真是他杀了她
I will help you catch him.
我会帮你抓他
But first the truth then the catching.
但是先要查出真♥相♥ 再抓人
Okay look all I need
我只需要
is the kind of crap that persuades a jury.
能说服陪审团的东西
But it seems to me
在我看来
that someone like you could benefit hugely
你这样的人要是能和我扯上关系
from an association with someone like me.
是对你相当有好处的
Oh you're being serious.
你不是开玩笑
You're serious.
你是认真的
I was just kidding.
我只是开玩笑而已
You know I was having some fun.
我想让它好玩一点
It is fun.
是很好玩
This all happened a year before the Cleo Eller case?
这些都是克里奥·埃勒案子之前一年的事
Mm-hmm. Almost to the day.
差点刚好一年
Well 13 months less a week.
13个月差一星期
And uh you didn't argue?
你没有跟他吵
Even though he withheld information and tested you.
即使他想要测试你而不给你全部信息
Well my abilities were outside his experience.
我的能力超出了他的经验范围
He called evidence crap.
他说证据都是放屁
And she basically called you stupid.
而她说你是傻瓜
We were feeling each other up.
我们在互相感受对方
Like a honeymoon period. "Out."
就像蜜月期 "了解"
We were feeling each other out.
我们在互相了解对方
Would you like to hear the rest of that story?
你想听完吗
Well I only knew Hodgins slightly
我只知道哈金斯是一个
as a very unpleasant authority on ancient spores and insects.
不招人喜欢的古孢子和古昆虫权威
But he was the one who figured out
不过是他查出
that the remains were in a landfill for a year
尸体在垃圾填埋场放了一年
before being discovered.
才被发现的
And that wasn't all.
而且不光是这些
I found a sliver on the dead girl's clothing.
我在死者衣物里发现了一块碎片
The term is nebulous.
学术用语是不明物
Wood.
是木头
I found a splinter of wood.
我发现了一片碎木
Maple to be exact.
确切地说是枫木
So your murder victim--
所以死者
most likely struck with something made out of maple.
很可能是被枫木制的东西打到
Still an observation so vague as to approach meaninglessness.
还是等于什么都没说
Is he trying to piss me off?
他想要气死我吗
You are always angry.
你总是很生气
I've been told you have an anger management problem.
有人跟我说你有脾气暴躁
I'm... in a program.
我在参加一个活动
Supposed to snap this every time I get angry.
我每次一生气就猛拉这个东西
I'd be happy to do that for you.
我很乐意帮你拉
The victim's boyfriend was in town
死者的男友在她消失当天
the day she disappeared.
去了市里
Trying out for a minor league baseball team.
准备参加一个小联赛的棒球队
Okay. So?
那又怎么样
What are baseball bats made of?
棒球棍是用什么做的
Maple?
枫木
Maple.
枫木
I should've thought of that.
我早该想到的
You know I'm not so sure that a baseball bat attack
我不确定得棒球棍打过后
would leave behind splinters though.
会裂成碎片
Then why posit it as a weapon?
那能肯定它是凶器吗
Doubts.
怀疑
I have doubts you see.
我是怀疑 明白吗
I am doubtful.
我很怀疑
Perhaps the two of you could design an experiment.
也许二位可以进行案件重演
What? Whoa.
什么
No. Wait.
不 等等
Work together?
我俩合作吗
Yes.
是的
So I brought in Gemma's baseball-playing boyfriend
我曾找吉玛的棒球男友问过话
for questioning for murder but I know he didn't do it.
我们确定他不会那样做
Well how do you know?
你怎么知道
Why because the killer's Judge Hasty.
因为凶手是海斯蒂法官
Well feeling isn't knowing.
不能妄下断论
When you know something you can argue fact
当你质疑事实时
not merely make insupportable claims in a passionate tone.
不能凭一时冲动妄下结论
You said that in a passionate tone without facts.
你认为我是一时冲动妄下结论?
You see when it comes down to it
知道吗 在紧要关头时
it's all about what you feel.
全靠第六感
Well why are you interrogating the boyfriend
如果你那么确信
if you're already convinced?
为什么还要审讯她男友
Because I want to convince you.
因为我想说服你
That's very kind.
你真是个好人啊
Can I come in and watch you broil the suspect?
那我能来旁听你审讯疑犯吗
Yeah well I could broil but I think you mean grill.
我会审讯的 不过我想你的意思是逼供吧
I fell apart after I heard that Gemma got killed.
得知吉玛被杀 我都快崩溃了
Couldn't concentrate on anything you know?
什么都不想做 你明白吗
Couldn't hold it together.
无法接受事实
Some people might say the result of a guilty conscience.
也许有人会说你这是良心受到谴责
I was in DC
我当时在华盛顿
to try out for a minor league baseball team.
参加棒球联盟的选拔赛
My dad was with me three of my uncles
我的父亲 三个叔叔
and four cousins.
四个兄妹可以为我作证
I wasn't away from anybody long enough to kill Gemma
我不可能分身去杀吉玛
and transport her body to New York City.
也不可能把她的尸体运到纽约
He has alibis?
有不在场证明吗
Tell Dr. Brennan how you did at your tryouts.
告诉布纳恩博士 选拔赛结果怎样
I did great.
非常棒
What-what does that have to do with anything?
这和案子有什么关系
Your tryouts were after Gemma was killed.
你的选拔赛发生在吉玛被杀之后
Yeah but I didn't know that yet.
但那时我还不知道
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表