I don't know. Out of town somewhere.
那你对他们了解多少?
So how do you know them then?
其实 这确实有点奇怪
Well, that was a bit odd, as a matter of fact.
- 是吗? - 是的
- Yes? - Yes.
维罗妮卡和我在剧院
Veronica and I were at the theatre,
我们在中场休息时点了一些饮料
and we'd ordered some drinks for the interval
当我们到那里时 已经有人在喝了
and when we got there, there were these people drinking them.
- 真的吗? - 当然!
- Really? - Absolutely !
好像是我们点了一样的饮料
Well, it seems we'd ordered the same drinks,
我们的标签是六号♥
our little chitty said Number Six,
他们的是九号♥ 只不过是上下颠倒了
and theirs was Number Nine, only it was upside down.
但还是让我们尴尬了一会
Dashed a wkward for a moment, though.
我知道了
I see.
黑斯廷斯 你迟到了
Hastings, you're late.
我被看门人阻拦了一会
Well, I had a bit of a run in with the Doorman.
我还以为他不会让我进来
Thought he wasn't going to let me into the building.
真的吗?
Really?
好像有个外国人
Well, it seems there's been some foreign fellow
在外面闲晃 打听罗宾逊夫妇的事
hanging around, asking questions about the Robinsons.
那个人不是你吧?
Wasn't you, was it?
当然不是
Certainly not.
也许是监视这间公♥寓♥的人
It is probably the man who has been watching the flats.
监视公♥寓♥?
Watching the flats?
也许他们不像看起来那么无辜
Maybe they're not as innocent as they seem.
也许他们在进行秘密的进出口生意
Suppose they're tied up in some shady import / export business.
毒品 拐卖♥♥妇女
Drugs. White slavery.
黑斯廷斯 你的想象力真是丰富啊
Hastings, you have the most fertile imagination.
没人知道罗宾逊夫妇是从哪来的
Well, nobody seems to know where the Robinsons have come from.
帕克也对他们的事一无所知
Parker doesn't know anything about them at all.
也许他们刚从国外回来
Perhaps they've just returned from abroad.
如果这是真的 黑斯廷斯
If this is true, Hastings,
你很快就有机会弄清楚了
you will soon ha ve the opportunity to find out.
但是现在 我们必须开始工作了
But now please, we must begin our work.
噢 黑斯廷斯
Oh, and Hastings,
请拿上我的手提箱
please bring my valise.
好的
Right.
现在 黑斯廷斯
Now, Hastings,
我要进入罗宾逊夫妇的公♥寓♥
I am about to enter the flat of the Robinsons
就从垃圾箱那里走
a fter the method of the dustbins.
你打算闯入他们的公♥寓♥?
You're going to break into their flat?
不不不不 不能说是闯入 朋友
No, no, no, no. Not break in precisely, mon ami.
但我必须为今后做准备
But I ha ve to provide for later.
但是 波罗 今天是周六下午 他们肯定在家
But, Poirot, it's Saturday afternoon, they're bound to be at home.
我就是这样希望的 朋友
That is exactly what I am hoping, mon ami,
因为你要去扮演一个
because you are about to play the role of
正好路过的友好邻居
the friendly neighbour who just happens to be passing by.
我在进行任务的时候 希望你帮我拖住他们
I want you to keep the young couple occupied while I perform my task.
等他们出去了 这事不是更简单吗?
Well, wouldn't it be easier to wait until they go out?
黑斯廷斯 这些事我已经考虑过了
Hastings, these are things I ha ve already considered.
他们出门的时候 这个门总是锁着的
While they are out, the doorway, it is always locked.
那我要说什么?
What am I going to say?
黑斯廷斯上校 请进
Captain Hastings. Do come in.
啊 黑斯廷斯!
Ah, Hastings!
什么风把你吹到这里来了?
What brings you to this neck of the woods?
你问我的话
If you ask me,
是侦探的好奇本能让他过来拜访的
the natural curiosity of the private investigator has prompted this visit.
不 不是的
No, not at all.
其实我在布朗普顿路有生意
In fact I had some business to attend to in the Brompton Road,
当我想起你们就住在附近
and when I remembered you were living nearby,
我突然想到
I suddenly thought,
罗宾逊夫妇 他们肯定知道
''The Robinsons, of course they're bound to know. ''
我是应该用獾毛
Now, should I use badger hair,
还是用普通的刷子就行?
or will an ordinary brush do the trick?
什么?
I 'm sorry?
我想给人留下的印象是
Well, what I want is a sort of impression
有纹理 但又不能太明显
of graininess without it being too obvious.
我不想看起来有棱有角的
I don 't want it to look ridgy.
我是说有时候看来确实有棱有角的 不是吗?
I mean it sometimes does look ridgy, doesn 't it?
我非常不赞成那样
I 'm dead set against that.
马毛 猪毛 或者獾毛
horsehair, hog bristle, or badger hair.
当然 一把好的织补梳也有这样的效果
And apparently a fine steel comb produces the same effect,
不过最好是在墙上或地板上 更轮廓分明
only it's better on walls and floors, more defined.
黑斯廷斯上校
Captain Hastings,
一个人要獾毛和织补梳做什么呢?
what would one be doing with badger hair and a steel comb?
噢 我没说过吗?
Oh, didn't I say?
磨平和梳理
''Dragging and Combing''.
你知道它对木工活的效果有多好吗?
You know what a fine effect it creates on woodwork?
不过我不是装♥修♥的内行人
Only, I 'm not exactly a dab hand when it comes to decorating,
所以我想我应该来向你们寻求专家意见
so I thought I 'd call on you for an expert opinion.
当我在法国用木馏油处理它的时候
when I creosoted the dug out in France,
但不像你们做的工作那样
but not like you with all the work you 've done.
黑斯廷斯 我们什么都没做 我们昨天才搬来
Hastings, we ha ven't done a thing, we only moved in yesterday.
我必须承认 我根本不知道
And I have to admit, I wouldn't know
一把獾毛刷和一桶炖牛肉有什么不同
a badger hair brush from a bucket of beef stew.
噢 你真是太谦虚了
Oh, you're too modest.
我相信你们在意大利期间 一定受到了
I 'm sure you were both influenced by the spirit of the Renaissance
复兴思想的影响
during your time in Italy.
意大利?
Italy?
你怎么会这么想?
Whatever ga ve you that idea?
不是帕克说你们刚从欧洲回来吗?
Didn 't Parker say you 'd just returned from the Continent?
詹姆士获得了伦敦互保公♥司♥的职位
when James was offered a position at London Mutual.
我们从没去过欧洲
We 've never been on the Continent.
保险公♥司♥
Insurance.
其实 我一直在想给我的车采用新的政策
In fact, I 've been thinking about taking out a new policy on my car.
那到底是什么声音?
What on earth was that?
是从厨房♥传来的
It came from the kitchen.
我什么都没听到
I didn't hear anything.
我还是去看一下好了
I 'd better take a look.
让我来吧 这是侦探的特权
Allow me. Detective's prerogative.
谁知道呢 说不定是鬼呢
You never know, it might be one of the ghosts.
我猜应该是风吹开的
Wind blew it open, I expect.
如果是我的话 我会把这里栓上的
I should keep this bolted, if I were you.
谁都不知道附近有些什么人
You never know who's about.
我不知道罗宾逊夫妇会怎么说
I don't know what the Robinsons would have said
如果他们看到了赫尔克里·波罗
if they'd seen the foot of Hercule Poirot
消失在了楼梯间的暮光之中
disappearing into the twilight of the back stairwell.
我很感激你的快速思维 朋友
I am indebted to your quick thinking, mon ami.
我不认为罗宾逊夫妇有隐瞒什么
I can't believe the Robinsons ha ve anything to hide.
如果说有人举止可疑的话
If anyone's beha ving in a suspicious manner
也应该是把房♥子租给他们的那个女人
it's that woman who let the flat to them.
但是 你不觉得奇怪吗 朋友
But did it not strike you as odd, mon ami,
房♥产代理人对罗宾逊太太的描述
that the estate agent's description of Madame Robinson
与我们认识的罗宾逊太太迥然不同?
was so very different from the Madame Robinson that we know?
也许他不太善于观察
Not the most observant of fellows.
也许她们不是同一个罗宾逊太太 嗯?
Perhaps they are different Madame Robinsons, eh?
也许他的罗宾逊太太等了很久
Perhaps his Madame Robinson had been waiting a long time
才等到一个同名的转租人?
to find a subtenant of the same name?
她为什么要这样做呢?
Why on earth would she do that?
这太奇怪了
That's strange,
那个园丁长得真像贾普的手下 达尔崔警官
that gardener's a dead ringer for Japp's man, Sergeant Daltry.
你的眼睛并没有骗你 朋友 这里
Your eyes, they do not deceive you, mon ami. Here.
如果我没弄错的话
If I am not mistaken,
这辆车就是贾普总探长监视意大利大使♥馆♥的
this van is the nerve centre of Inspector Japp's stake out
控制中心
at the Italian Embassy.
你们俩在这做什么?
What are you two doing here?
我们碰巧路过 而且...
Well it happens that we were passing by and...
我觉得有必要满足一下黑斯廷斯的好奇心
well, it is necessary to satisfy the curiosity of Hastings.
波罗!
Poirot !
趁没人看见 你们赶快进来
You'd better come inside before somebody sees you.
看吧 所有出口都被前后包围了
So look, all the exits are covered front and back,
我们还有几辆便衣警车
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表