大侦探波罗探案集
第2季第5集
达文海姆先生失踪案
达文海姆先生回来了 太太
Mr.Davenheim's back, madam.
谢谢你 沃尔特
Thank you, Walter.
我周末不需要用车了
I won't be needing the car over the weekend.
谢谢你 玛莎
Thank you, Martha.
你看起来累坏了
You look tired.
亲爱的! 仆人在呢!
Darling! Servants!
伱今早的会议怎么样?
How was your meeting this morning?
嗯 马马虎虎
Well, so, so.
他们必须向华尔街回报
They must refer back to Wall Street,
所以还需要几天
so it'll be a few days yet.
噢 顺便说下 洛文打电♥话♥过来了
Oh, by the way, Lowen rang.
他说他会坐早一点的火车
He said he would be catching the earlier train after all.
啊 我不知道你为什么要同意见他
Ah, I don't know why you agreed to see him anyway.
你一直说你不喜欢他
You keep saying how much you detest the man.
事情没那么简单
It wasn't quite that easy.
他是个骗子 非常狡猾
He's a shark and is very slippery.
他想在银行谋个领导的职位
He's angling for a directorship at the bank.
已经有几个月了
Has been for months now.
那你宁可死了算了!
But you'd sooner die!
杰拉尔德·洛文? 在你的银行上班?
Gerald Lowen? A seat on your bank?
噢 他想尽他所能让我的日子过得不舒坦
Oh, he wants to make life as uncomfortable for me as he can,
这就给了他这样做的权力基础
And that would give him just the power base to set about it.
很不幸
And unfortunately,
他这次握有一张王牌
he does hold a bit of a trump card this time.
他有5%的"好望角黄金"股份
A five percent stake in Cape Gold,
他知道我们急着想拿到手
which he knows we're desperate to get hold of.
这让他处于有利的谈判地位
It puts him in a rather strong bargaining position, I'm afraid.
你还好吗?
You all right?
是的 我很好
Yes, I'm fine.
嗯 如果他坐的是4:45的车
Well, if he's on the 4:45,
他很快就会到了
could be here pretty shortly.
我得把这些文件看完
I really ought to go through one or two of these papers
在他到之前
before he gets here.
对此我感到很抱歉
I'm sorry about all this.
啊 我想赶上最后一趟邮递
Ah look, I just want to catch the last post,
我会到村子里去散个步
I think I'll take a wander into the village.
洛文快到了 我去火车站接他
Lowen'll just be getting in, I can meet him off the train.
好吧
Right.
不管怎样 呼吸点新鲜空气对我有好处
Anyway, a spot of fresh air wilI do me good.
马修
Mathew.
那女孩已经不在里面了
The girl was no longer
当茧消失时
inside the chrysaliswhen it vanished.
这就是秘密!
there was the secret!
甚至连我都疑惑了十秒钟
It baffled even Poirot for a full ten seconds.
当然 谜题的关键就是那女孩的服装
The key of course, lies in the costume of the girl.
它里面缝了一张很好的钢丝网
Inside there is sewn a network
里面缝了一张很好的钢丝网
of very fine steel wires.
但人都是血肉之躯 嗯?
Human beings are made of flesh and blood, no?
让人凭空消失 这是不可能的
To make them vanish into the air, c'est impossible.
你这么认为?
You think so?
那你一定没听说过
I take it you haven't heard, then,
马修·达文海姆先生的怪事了?
about the strange business of Mr.Mathew Davenheim?
我们现在说的是
Now, we are talking about
达文海姆先生吗?
of Davenheim and Selmon.
啊 那个很大的银行
Ah, the big banking firm.
马修·达文海姆是那里的重要合伙人
Of which Mathew Davenheim was a senior partner
从他的房♥子判断
and a very wealthy man, too,
他也是个很有钱的人
if his houseis anything to go by.
顺带说一句 亲爱的总探长
Incidentally, my dear Chief Inspector,
你离开之前要喝点东西暖和一下吗?
you will have a little something to warm you before you leave?
嗯 你就当我没在执勤吧
Well, seeing as I'm not on duty.
是啊 这是个很稀奇的怪事
Yes, it's a rare old puzzle all told.
星期五下午 他告诉他的妻子
Friday afternoon he told his wife
他去村里寄信
he was off to the villageto post some letters,
走出了大门
Walks out the front gate,
从此之后杳无音讯
hasn't been seen or heard of since.
达文海姆先生具体是几点离开的?
And at what time precisely did Monsieur Davenheim leave?
就我们所知 4:40左右
We gather, around 4:40.
那天下午他在等一个
He was expecting a business colleague
坐火车过来的生意伙伴
to arrive by train that afternoon
讨论一些金融交易之类的事
to talk over some financial deal or other.
一个叫杰拉尔德·洛文的人
A Mr.Gerald Lowen.
有位先生来拜访达文海姆先生 太太
A gentleman to see Mr.Davenheim, madam.
我是杰拉尔德·洛文
Gerald Lowen.
你好
How do you do?
洛文先生
Mr.Lowen.
这么说你是开车过来的 我没听到车的声音
You drove here then, I didn't hear the car.
不 我是坐火车过来的 但我们早到了
No, I came by train. but we were a little early,
所以我就从车站走过来了
so I thought I'd walk up from the station.
但我丈夫已经出发去接你了
But my husband was walking down to meet you.
真是疯了
How maddening.
你们肯定是在路上错过了
You must have passed each other in the lane.
我不这么认为
I don't think so.
噢 但你们肯定是错过了 他离开还不到五分钟
Oh, but you must have. He left here not five minutes
达文海姆太太 我不可能
Mrs.Davenheim, I couldn't possibly
和你丈夫错过了
have passed your husband.
其实我没有错过任何人
The fact is I didn't pass anybody.
路上一个人都没有
The wasn't another soul in the lane all the way.
请您自便
Please make yourself comfortable in here.
我想他很快就会回来的
I'm sure he won't be very long.
谢谢
Thank you.
达文海姆太太把洛文先生带到了她丈夫的书房♥
Mrs.Davenheim showed Lowen into her husband's study
他在那里等着
and there he waited
等着
and waited...
等着
and waited.
嗯 一个多小时过去了
Well, over an hour goes by.
达文海姆先生还没有回来
Still Davenheim doesn't return.
杰拉尔德·洛文没耐心了
Gerald Lowen, his patience exhausted,
就离开了
takes his leave.
你丈夫就是这么对待
This is the way your husband treats
重要商业伙伴的 嗯?
important business clients,is it?
我... 我也一头雾水 很抱歉
I'm...I'm quite at a loss. I'm so sorry.
是啊
Yes.
我也很抱歉 达文海姆太太
I'm very sorry too, Mrs.Davenheim.
真的很抱歉
Very sorry indeed.
整个村里的人都问过了
Inquiries are made throughout the village,
什么都没有
Nothing.
总而言之
For all intents and purposes,
马修·达文海姆从地球上消失了
Mathew Davenheim has vanished off the face of the earth.
大家好像都看到了洛文
It seems everyone saw Lowen.
但没人看到达文海姆
Nobody saw Davenheim.
洛文
Lowen.
为什么这个名字听着很耳熟呢?
Why does that name ring a bell?
毫无疑问
Certainement.
这件事确实很奇怪 亲爱的总探长
it is most obscure, my dear Chief Inspector.
我觉得解决这个案子有很大希望
Which gives me the great hopes of solving it.
我怎么看不出来
I'm afraid I can't see it myself.
啊! 但我不是看的 朋友
Ah! But I do not see, mon ami.
我是闭上眼睛思考的
I shut my eyes and I think.
人应该从大脑中寻求真♥相♥
One must always seek the truth from within.
你这么告诉过我不止一次啦
If you've told me that once,
你已经告诉我几千次了
you've told me a thousand times.
那好吧 波罗
All right then, Poirot.
我给你一个挑战
Here's a challenge for you.
我赌五英镑
A fiver of my money, that says
你不可能不离开这个房♥间
you can't solvethis little mystery
就能解决这个案子
without leaving the house.
我们给你七天时间
We'll give you seven days.
当然 如果这在你的神奇力量之外
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表