You're thinking about this in a very narrow way.
你考虑问题的角度太狭隘了
The idea is that everyone is going to have a house, a car,
理想状态是我们都会有房♥子 车子
A television... the american dream.
一台电视 美国梦
It's my job.
那是我的工作
Every job has it's ups and downs.
工作都有顺和不顺的时候
You don't watch baseball? I don't believe you.
你不看棒球吗 我不信
What are you doing out of bed?
你不睡觉起来干嘛
I smelled something.
我闻到味道了
What are you making? A snack.
你在做什么 夜宵
Do you want some?
你要来点吗
I didn't know you could cook.
我不知道你会做饭
Mommy's much better at it.
手艺比不上妈妈
Are you looking for a chick? I am.
你在找小鸡吗 是的
Miss Farrell told us about that when we went to the farm.
法雷尔小姐在我们去农场时告诉我们的
But she says that those eggs can never become a chicken,
但她说这些鸡蛋永远不会变成小鸡
Even though they come out of a chicken.
尽管他们是鸡生出来的
Why's that? Because they're from the store.
为什么呢 因为他们是从商店买♥♥来的
And you know what else?
你还知道些什么
If you hold an egg up and it has veins in it,
如果你拿起一个鸡蛋 里面有血管
You can shake it then eat it.
你就可以晃一晃之后吃掉它
Really?
真的吗
It's called addling.
那叫做变质的蛋
Is the baby gonna live in grandpa Gene's room?
那个婴儿要住在吉恩外公的屋里吗
It's not grandpa Gene's room. It's the baby's room.
那不是吉恩外公的房♥间 那是婴儿房♥
I thought it was gonna be a girl.
我本以为会是个女孩
Well, I thought you were gonna be a boy.
是吗 当年我也以为你会是个男孩
Not all surprises are bad.
出人意料并非总是坏事
Everything's gonna be fine. That's what miss Farrell said.
一切都会好起来的 法雷尔小姐也这么说
Well, then I guess it must be true.
那么这一定是真的了
Burt Peterson's firing was undignified.
伯特·皮特森当时形象全无
Building security... that's all I'll say.
我们甚至出动了大楼保安 我只能透露这么多
Confirm a couple of rumors.
证实了一些谣言
Did he throw a desk chair against a window
他用椅子砸向窗户
Only to have it bounce back and knock him over?
结果椅子却弹回来把他撞倒了是吗
Not that I know of.
据我所知不是这样的
Did he make a #2 in a file cabinet?
他在档案柜里大便了吗
Burt Peterson lived hard and loved hard.
伯特·皮特森活得辛苦 爱得艰难
Harry here is an expert in media.
哈里是媒体方面的专家
Television... the air, not the sets.
电视 电视台方面 不是电视机
Now Admiral television sales are flat...
艾德蒙电视的销♥售♥业绩平平
We know that.
我们知道
But as we studied your indices
但我们研究了你们的数据
We realized that they're not flat everywhere.
我们发现并不是所有地方都很平淡
In fact,
实际上
Among negroes sales are actually growing.
在黑人中销♥售♥额有所上升
We know that too. You do?
这个我们也知道 是吗
No, of course you do.
当然 你们当然知道
These are your numbers, but I think we've discovered
这是你们的数据 但我认为我们发现了
An interesting strategy.
一个有利可图的策略
This is "ebony."
这个杂♥志♥叫做《黑檀》
By negroes for negroes.
由黑人所写 面向黑人读者
"jet."
黑玉
Space in these magazines costs far less than
这些杂♥志♥上的广♥告♥费
What you currently spend...
比你们现在的广♥告♥费便宜很多
Daily newspapers that go just to this market
日报上针对黑人市场所刊登的广♥告♥
for pennies on the dollar.
广♥告♥费也非常低廉
And?
然后呢
Shift a portion of the media budget
把一部分媒体预算
From lower-indexing white areas
从指数较低的白人区
To this market where it can do more good.
投入到这个更有利润的市场去
They already like it, we can make them
他们本来就喜欢这个品牌
buy more by increasing the exposure.
曝光率的上升会带动购买♥♥率的上升
A 5% sales bump in detroit alone
在底特律投入5%的广♥告♥预算
Would make you the same profit as a 2% increase systemwide.
就能使总收入提高2%
And ads on television geared to this market
黑人市场的广♥告♥效应
And white markets
和白人市场的广♥告♥效应相结合
Will have double the effect.
将会使效果更加明显
A negro ad and a white ad?
针对黑人奴隶和白人的不同广♥告♥
So, Campbell, you're making twice the ads for us now.
坎贝尔 你这是让我们做两则不同的广♥告♥
No, do them together.
不 同时进行
Integrate it.
相互融合
I don't think that's legal.
我觉得这似乎是违法的吧
Of course it's legal.
这当然是合法的
Look, this conversation is not worth having.
听着 我们根本没有谈下去的必要了
Who's to say that negroes aren't buying admiral televisions
谁告诉你黑人不买♥♥艾德蒙公♥司♥产的电视
Because they think white people want them?
因为他们认为这是白人的专属品
Miss Olson is here to see you.
奥尔森小姐求见
Send her in.
让她进来
Oh, sorry.
抱歉 打扰了
I know he doesn't need clothes, but don't return it.
我知道他不缺衣服 但请不要回绝
I'm the youngest. I never had anything new.
我是家里最小的 我穿的从来都是旧衣服
you didn't have to do that. I did.
你不必这么做的 我当然需要
No one told me they were all going in on it together.
没人通知我他们要集体凑钱买♥♥贺礼
I heard you were back at work,
我听说你回来工作了
but now I wonder if that's true.
现在我怀疑是不是真如此
I invited you in.
是我带你入行的
I don't know if this is the best time.
我不知道现在是不是谈这事的最佳时机
I don't know. It's kind of serious.
我不知道 我并非是小题大做
I've been thinking about my situation here
我认真地思考了我在公♥司♥的处境
And I'm so grateful to you for all you've done.
对你所做的一切 我都充满感激
I just...
只是我...
Well, you know
你知道
I'm paid very little.
我的薪酬很低
My secretary doesn't respect me
我的秘书对我毫无尊重
Because I make $71 more a week than she does.
因为我每周的工资只比她多71美元
Maybe we need to get you a cheaper secretary.
或许我们该为你找个更廉价的秘书
Paul Kinsey does the same work that I do,
保罗·金西和我♥干♥着同样的工作
And not as well sometimes.
有时还不如我出色
And I don't know if you read it in the paper,
我不知道你有没有看报纸
But they passed a law
最近新通过了一项法律
where women who do the same work as men will get paid the same thing.
规定男女同工必须同筹
Equal pay.
同等的报酬
It's not a good time.
现在不是说这个的时候
It's not a good time for me, Don.
对我来说现在是最佳时机 唐
Do you know how expensive the city is?
你知道住在城里花销有多大吗
It's not gonna happen, Peggy, not now.
这是不可能实现的 至少现在不行 佩奇
I'm fighting for paperclips around here.
我还有大堆的工作要做呢
Third time.
第三次了
It must be old hat.
一定是老式的
you're gonna be fine, Peggy. I look at you and I think
你会没事的 佩奇 我看着你 然后就会想
"I want what he has."
"我也想拥有他所拥有的一切"
Really?
是吗
You have everything,
你拥有一切
And so much of it.
可以说无所不有
I suppose that's probably true.
我想可能的确是这样
What do you want me to say?
你想让我说什么
I don't think I could have been any clearer.
我要是能想得更清楚一些就好了
You see what's been going on here the last six months?
你难道没目睹过去半年这里所发生的一切吗
What if this is my time?
如果女性的时代就要到来了呢
where are you going? to the ladies' room.
你去哪儿 洗手间
You want to join me?
你想一起吗
did you tell Don about Duck? that's none of your business.
你跟唐说了达克的事吗 与你无关
Sure. They hear you're shopping around, they'll want you more.
当然了 你四处推销自己 他们就会越发需要你
But me, I'm sharing my job with kenny.
而我呢 却要和肯共享一份工作
I'm already redundant.
我完全是多余的
You have relationships with your clients. That's leverage.
你和你的客户之间有良好的关系 这就是筹码
did you say something? it's my decision, Pete.
你是不是说了什么 那是我的决定 皮特
Your decisions affact me.
你的决定已经影响到了我
If it isn't Martin Luther King.
如果不是因为马丁·路德·金
I should drop kick you off the roof.
我一定会将你踢下楼去
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表