Peter and Paul rubbed him very much the wrong way.
皮特和保罗惹得他很不高兴
I told you before Roger's the lion tamer.
我告诉过你罗杰才是驯兽高手
Roger will join as well.
罗杰也会一起去
It will help if you tell me who these people are.
告诉我都是些什么人吧
All I could secure was Edgar Raffit,
我确定会有埃德加·拉斐
Vice President of Madison Square Garden, and he's irate.
麦迪逊广场花♥园♥项目的副♥主♥席♥ 他非常生气
What does he want?
他想要干什么
A cyrano de bergerac to make New York fall in love with him.
希望树立自己的丰功伟绩 让纽约以他为傲
Today? Do you have plans?
今天吗 你有别的事吗
Have Campbell send over the folder.
让坎贝尔把文件送过来吧
Wild Indians.
跟印第安野人一样
They've been cooped up since Woodbridge.
他们从伍德布里奇就没下过车了
I fixed some lunch.
我做了午饭
Cold roast chicken or I have cold cuts.
要吃冷烤鸡还是肉片
We went to Pat's Steaks.
我们去了派特牛排店
I got you a half.
我也给你带了份儿
Have you all already eaten?
你们全都吃过了吗
No, we waited.
不 我们等着一块吃
I even got Gloria a chicken parmesan.
我甚至给歌♥莉亚带了个鸡肉奶酪
Well, great. We'll mail it to her.
太好了 我们会寄给她的
She's in Boca Raton. She's not coming back.
她在佛罗里达的博卡拉顿 她不会回来了
He understands completely. He's just playing it up.
他完全明白 他只是在自欺欺人
How was the drive, Daddy? In the lincoln?
旅程怎么样 爸爸 你是说坐林肯车的感觉吗
You should take your coumadin with your sandwich.
你应该把药和三明治一块吃
So I said to them, "It's so crowded in here
所以我对他们说 这里太挤了
I feel like I am in the subway.
我感觉就像是在地铁上
I've never seen anyone like you on the train.
我在地铁上可从来没见过像你这样的人
Well, my husband won't let me. It's a figure of speech.
我丈夫不会让我乘地铁的 我只是形容一下罢了
Have a seat and I'll let Mr. Pryce know that you're here.
请坐 我去告诉布莱斯先生你们到了
Sorry about that.
对不起了
I got tied up. What else do you have to do today?
我脱不了身 你今天有什么别的事
What else do you have to do all week?
你这周还有什么别的事吗
I barely made it here.
我差点就来不了了
Ginger presses the buzzer, says "your family's here."
金吉按下通报器 说"你家里人来了"
sounded silly. gibson, up.
听起来很可笑啊 吉布森鸡尾酒
Like that's gonna help.
不过酒似乎也不能解决问题
To my knees, Don. They're bringing me to my knees.
想让我屈服 唐 他们想让我屈服
Sorry to hear that.
可怜
I made my bed, I should lie in it, right?
我这是自食其果啊 对吧
Your words, not mine.
你自己说的 我可没说
Like it's not hard enough losing my little girl to that kid.
把我女儿嫁给那个小子还不够痛苦吗
I've got her mother pouring poison in her ear.
她妈妈一直在背后教唆她
There's a land grab going on.
这可是一场地盘争夺战啊
I blame Mona.
我怪莫娜
All of a sudden, I could give two craps about that wedding.
突然之间 我想对婚礼撒手不管了
All I want to do is win.
我想要的只是赢这场争夺战而已
Gentlemen.
先生们
A pleasure to meet you. Roger Sterling.
很高兴认识你们 罗杰·斯特林
Ed Raffit. Our Creative Director Don Draper.
埃德加·拉斐 我们的创意总编唐·德雷柏
Edgar. Have a seat, please.
埃德加 请坐
Let's get you fixed up.
我们来好好谈谈
I only have a minute.
我只有一分钟的时间
Edgar, please.
埃德加 别这样
Eat our sweetmeats, drink our wine.
吃点甜食 喝点酒吧
I understand one of our copywriters
我知道我们手下的一个文案犯了个大错
Took a Yetta Wallenda - sized misstep.
和耶塔·瓦兰达犯的错一样 这错误也是致命的
The girl, the tightrope walker.
那个女孩啊 走钢丝的那个
They got her off the sidewalk with a hose last week.
上周失足落下来摔死了
The point is we completely understand your problem.
我的意思是 我们完全明白你的难题
All we want to know is how we can help.
我们现在就是想知道 我们怎么能帮到你
You're supposed to tell me.
应该是你告诉我吧
Well, I've done all I can. Don?
我已经尽我所能了 唐
In the interest of time,
简要的说
You want to demolish penn station and New York hates it.
你想要拆掉宾州车站 可是纽约人反对
Not all of New York, a vocal minority.
不是所有纽约人 是那些闹事的少数人
Can they stop it?
那他们能阻止你吗
Well, I think all the hubbubs making it unpleasant for...
那些抗♥议♥浪潮会使工程无法顺利...
But they can't stop it, can they?
但是他们阻止不了 不是吗
Why do you people insist on making us sound like villains?
你们这些人为什么非要把我们当做恶人呢
Your concern over public opinion shows a guilty conscience.
你对公众舆♥论♥的担心 表现出你问心有愧
Now what good is that serving you
如果注定要做的事已经开始起步
If what is to be done is already underway?
你又能得到什么好处呢
Leave those.
放这吧
Bring a couple of iceberg wedges,
拿几份混合莎拉
Bleu cheese, bacon.
蓝纹干酪和熏肉
So let's say I don't have a guilty conscience.
我要说我并没有任何的负罪感
Good. and let's also say that change is neither good or bad,
很好 我也想说 改变既非好事 也非坏事
It simply is.
一切的改变都是注定的
It can be greeted with terror or joy--
改变可以带来恐慌 也可能带来惊喜
A tantrum that says "I want it the way it was"
人们或者会愤怒高呼 "我希望一切回到过去"
Or a dance that says "look. it's something new."
也可能手舞足蹈 "看啊 崭新的世界"
Would you draw the line at 50%?
你觉得反对者和支持者各占一半吗
I'm not drawing a line at all.
我并没有这么认为
P.R. people understand this,
公众人物了解这些
But they can never execute it.
但是他们永远无法做到
If you don't like what is being said,
如果你不喜欢我刚才说的那些话
Change the conversation.
我们可以换个话题
What is that conversation?
换个什么话题好呢
I was in california.
我曾在加利福尼亚呆过一段时间
Everything is new and it's clean.
那儿所有的事物都是新的 而且很干净
The people are filled with hope.
人们充满希望
New York city is in decay.
纽约正在走向衰败
Madison square garden
麦迪逊广场花♥园♥
Is the beginning of a new city on the hill.
正是这山上新城建设的起点
Just like that? It's true, isn't it?
是这样吗 这是事实 不是吗
If I were to come to you,
如果我和你们签约的话
I don't want that kid on my account--
我不希望那个年轻人参加这个项目
The communist, the radical.
那个激愤的共♥产♥主义分子
I will handle it personally.
我会亲自处理
Grandpa Gene is gonna watch his program now.
吉恩外公要看他的节目了
I just want to catch the end of the game.
我只是想赶上看比赛的结尾
Move.
挪一下
Daddy seems well. he has an appetite.
父亲看起来很好 食欲不错
Oh, he eats constantly.
他不断地进食
When I found out gloria was gone,
当我发现歌♥莉亚不见了的时候
I was hoping he ate her.
我希望是他把她给吃了
How could you not know about that?
你怎么会不知道这事呢
I went by, but he lied to me.
我去看他的时候 他对我说了谎
Then finally, when I let myself in, he went bananas.
后来 我进了里屋 他又失控地大喊大叫
He's ashamed.
他感到羞愧
Judy can get through to him. He's down in the dumps,
朱迪很了解他 他的情绪很失落
But he seems very clear-headed.
不过头脑好像还很清醒
That's not true, Judy, and you know it.
不是这样的 朱迪 你知道的
He's angry and he's in and out.
他很易怒 情况时好时坏
There is this place-- The parker home.
有一个地方 夕阳之家
It's midway between us in new brunswick.
在新布伦兹维克 介于我们的住所之间
And what happens there?
那里怎么了
He lives there. It's got everything, plus doctors.
让他住在那儿 那里什么都有 还有医生
It's expensive, but I thought maybe we could sell our house.
那会很贵 但我想我们或许可以把房♥子卖♥♥掉
You know, that would give him enough to live on.
你知道 这足够他过活的了
That's very generous.
你还真是慷慨
Do you think he belongs in a home?
你觉得他应该待在那儿吗
Betty, I know I don't get a vote. Neither does Don.
贝蒂 我知道我没权利发表意见 唐也没有
All you care about is the house.
你只不过是惦记他的房♥子
You want to walk in there,
你幻想着走进那所房♥子
See daddy on the bottom of the stairs
看见父亲躺在地下室里
And have his last words be "take the house."
然后他临终遗言是 "这房♥子归你了"
Fine, Betts. what's the solution?
好吧 贝蒂 你有什么解决办法
Those homes are for people who don't have families, William.
那地方是为老无所依的人准备的 威廉
He's a lonely old man and he's not well.
他是个孤独的老人 身体也不好
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表