To do something that really does have a future.
可以做些有前途的事情
So it's been building to this
所以现在一切都是为这努力
And tomorrow you will triumph
然后明天你就将胜利
And come home a conquering hero.
做我凯♥旋♥的英雄
What's wrong with you?
这回你怎么了
Well, I do have one horrible flaw.
我是有个可怕的缺点
I love you.
就是我爱你
I don't want to fail.
我不想失败
Mmm. Just
嗯 要知道
With a single mistake, the entire shot is ruined.
如果有一点闪失 就会前功尽弃
So what? You've seen the movies--
那又怎样 你不是没看过电影拍摄
Take two. Take three. Do it again.
两次 三次 再来
Action. It's one shot the whole thing.
开始 这次是一镜到底
It's the beginning of "Bye Bye Birdie."
它取自"再见小鸟"的开始
Uh, I'm-- I'm trying to remember.
我在尽力回忆
She starts singing against a blue background
她在蓝色布景前开始唱歌♥
And her voice is very girlish. Oh, yes.
非常甜美的女声 哦 是的
Yes, I remember that.
没错 我想起来了
She's offering us this can of Patio
她手拿一罐"百低"向我们展示
And she's on a treadmill, but you can't see it.
她脚下是传送带 但你看不见
She's walking back and forth? No no.
她来回地走吗 不 不
She walks towards you.
她走向你
The wind is blowing in her hair.
风拂过她的头发
And she sings about how Patio is low in calories.
她唱着"百低"的卡路里有多低
Then she extends her hand out
然后她舒展双臂
And she waves goodbye.
与大家挥手告别
Then we move back too,
我们也同时后退
But she stops and she takes her dress in her hands
但她突然停下 双手抓住裙摆
And she runs forward as fast as she can.
用她最快的速度奔向前方
But then she turns her back
然后她转过身去
And looks seductively over her shoulder.
回首向大家投以魅惑的眼神
The treadmill pulls her back again
传送带将她往回拉去
And she comes towards you one last time,
而她最后一次跑向前方
Dancing right up to the camera.
直面镜头起舞
She sort of pushes her shoulders together,
她收起双肩
Leans over with the can
手握百低 俯下身来
And she smiles. "Hello, patio."
笑着说到 "你好 百低"
Something like that.
大概就是那样
Sound good?
听起来怎样
It-- Uh, you're gonna do great.
你会非常成功的
You really think so?
你真这么认为吗
Yes.
是的
Don, I'd like you to meet Horace Cooke.
唐 我为你介绍下霍瑞斯·库克
We've met Lincoln center.
我们见过 在林肯中心
Of course.
没错
Have a seat. Lane has brought it to my attention
坐吧 莱恩提醒我
That Mr. Cooke's son has approached us for work.
库克先生的儿子与我们有业务往来
Actually, it was Don who thought it best,
事实上 出于对您的尊重
Out of deference, to include you.
唐认为我们最好告知您
We're not psychiatrists.
我们不是精神科医生
There is no... Confidentiality.
没什么好保密
That's not strictly true, but you are family
我不完全认同 但你毕竟是他的家人
And, well, it appears to be a lot of money.
而且这确实是一大笔钱
Bert seemed alarmed.
伯特看起来很担心
What exactly happened in this meeting?
你们开的会到底是什么情况
Well, you know, your son has a dream.
你也知道 你儿子有个梦想
Yes, Jai Alai.
没错 回力球
When he first mentioned it
他第一次提起时
I assumed he was gambling,
我以为他不过想在这上面赌一把
But he seems convinced of its financial potential.
但他好像对它的投资价值很有信心
And there's no reason to doubt that.
这点确实毋庸置疑
Are you drunk? It's like polish handball.
你醉了吗 那就和波兰手球一样
You can't even play it if you're left-handed.
万一要是左撇子 想都别想玩了
There's no wall on that side.
根本没那边的球壁
Well, then that's done with. We needn't be involved.
那就对了 我们不必接他这笔生意了
Bert, you know that's not the way the marketplace works.
伯特 你知道这在商战中可行不通
A man comes through your door,
如果有人进来你这里
He knows what he wants, he's got the money to back it up,
他明白自己想要什么 而且财力雄厚
You do your best.
你就得全力以赴
Perhaps I'm unclear
可能我没搞清状况
Because I'm childless, but they're not.
因为我膝下无子不能设身处地 可他们不是
Well, should you be lucky enough to strike gold,
即使你有幸打开财富之门
Remember that your children weren't there
但一想起你的孩子却未曾与你并肩上阵
when you were swinging the pick.
这还值得庆幸吗
I've seen his plan. It's gibberish.
我看过他的计划 全是胡言乱言
But if you refuse him,
但如果你们拒绝了他
He'll only find someone else.
他还会另找别人
My son lives in a cloud of success,
我儿子生活在成功之中
But it's my success.
但那都是我的成果
Perhaps when that evaporates
也许当这一切都结束
And his face is pressed against the reality of the sidewalk
他与现实拼了个头破血流之后
He'll be of value to someone.
才能学会做人做事
"Kill or be killed, eat or be eaten."
"弱肉强食 适者生存"
That's how I was raised.
这是我的生存之道
So you want us to proceed?
那么你想我们继续下去
When we put that money aside for him,
在我为他积攒这笔钱时
He was a little boy.
他还只是个孩子
We didn't know what kind of person we were making.
没人知道他以后会是怎样一个人
Don't be so hard on yourself.
别太自责了
Easy for you to say.
你说起来轻松
He doesn't have your name.
毕竟你不是他父亲
You'll stay for lunch. There's no discussion.
留下来一起用午餐吧 别推脱
A pleasure to see you again.
很高兴再次见到你
A pleasure.
幸会
I'll sign him tonight. Very good.
今晚就和他签约 很好
These are ideas.
都在这儿了
You can skip some if you want to,
你可以酌情跳过一些
But do not go out of order.
但千万别打乱顺序
Hello, this is Margaret.
你好 我是玛格丽特
Hello, my name is Elaine and I'm 22.
你好 我叫伊莱恩 今年22岁
I have a good job and I'm interested in a roommate too.
我有份好工作 正好也在找室友
Well, it's nice to speak with you, Elaine.
很高兴和你通话 伊莱恩
Where do you work?
你在哪工作
Well, I live in Teaneck, New Jersey,
我住在新泽西州 蒂内克区
So I want to be in this city to be near my job.
所以我想搬去城里好离工作地近点
I work in a tannery on the west side.
我在西部一家皮革厂工作
Really? They make leather?
真的 那里制♥作♥皮革吗
I'm a secretary,
我是那里的秘书
But I am around animal skins and carcasses most of the day,
但周围整天都是动物皮毛和尸骸
So I don't keep pets.
所以我不养宠物
The smell makes them go crazy.
我身上的气味会让它们发疯的
I don't know if the west side is what I had in mind.
我不确定自己是否想住在西部
I need someplace near a major hospital.
我需要附近有家大型医院
My face is very badly burnt
我脸部有严重烧伤
And I need frequent prescriptions for unguents and salves.
所以需要经常开一些药膏的处方
It would have to be two bedrooms. Two bedrooms is good.
我们需要两间卧室 两间卧室很好
Now... About the bathroom,
还有 卫生间的问题
I'm going to need some help there.
我上厕所时需要有人帮助
Who is this?
到底是谁
You know something? You're a jerk.
知道吗 你是个混♥蛋♥
Why do you do that?
你为什么那么吃
I've got a salt tooth.
我有颗爱吃盐的牙齿
It's right here in the back of my mouth.
就在后面这里
Grandpa.
外公
It's getting harder to fool you.
捉弄你越来越难了
I got two spoons.
我有两把勺子
Mommy doesn't let us have ice cream before dinner.
妈妈不许我们午饭前吃冰激凌
Is she afraid you're gonna be fat like she was?
她是害怕你会变得像她以前那么胖吗
Your grandma Ruth used to drive her to town to run errands
你祖母鲁西以前开车带她到镇上跑腿
And make her walk herself home. That put a stop to it.
然后让她步行回来 这才没再胖下去
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表