You remember grandma Ruth?
还记得鲁西祖母吗
She gave me a ukulele.
她给过我一把尤克里里琴[夏威夷四弦琴]
Did you learn it? No.
你有学吗 没有
You can, you know. You're smart.
你可以的 你很聪明
You remind me of your grandma more than your mother.
和你母亲相比 你更像你外婆一些
You know, she did drafting
她曾在20年代
In the '20s for this engineer--
帮一位工程师设计过草图
A little bald man. He wasn't a threat.
小个秃顶男人罢了 没什么担心的
That's good.
那就好
You can really do something.
你会大有作为
Don't let your mother tell you otherwise.
千万别听你母亲那一套
You know, she won't let me eat this either,
知道吗 她也不许我吃这个
And I don't want to be the only one.
我希望有人跟我一起犯错
So tell you what
所以
I'm gonna keep a lookout.
我帮你盯着
Okay. Go ahead. The coast is clear.
好了 快吃 前方安全
Oh, she's coming! Quick, hide it!
哦她来了 快藏起来
I knew you were gonna do that.
我就知道你会这样
This tastes like chocolate, but it smells like oranges.
吃起来像巧克力味 可闻起来却像橙子味
You smell that?
闻到了吗
A year from now there'll be nothing
一年以后 这里将是
But rum and mexican beer in this place.
朗姆酒和墨西哥啤酒的天下
You ever have mexican beer, humps?
喝过墨西哥啤酒吗 工作狂
I don't drink a lot of beer.
我很少喝啤酒
You have to when you're there--
到时候你就不得不喝了
Amoeba, dysentery.
变形虫 腹泻[偏方:啤酒治腹泻]
Patxi caught a bug, lost 8 pounds.
派特西曾经肚子里长了虫 瘦了整整8镑
That's a lot on his frame.
那幅小身板都快瘦没了
Ho-ho was saying a photo of Jack Kennedy
小霍说如果拍摄一幅杰克·肯尼迪
Enjoying Jai Alai would be a tremendous endorsement.
打回力球的照片 将会吸引众多顾客
My father hates Kennedy,
我父亲憎恶肯尼迪
Because he knew old Joe when they were criminals together.
因为他服刑的时候和老乔在一起
Plus dad's against integration.
并且父亲也反对消除种族歧视
He called Patxi a Wetback.
他称派特西是"非法入境的墨西哥劳工"
Jack Kennedy certainly ended up
杰克·肯尼迪的成就
with a better job than his father.
显然要高于他父亲
I know this idea sounds crazy,
我明白这听起来有些疯狂
But read your history.
但回顾一下历史
I've got a 50% chance at least.
我至少有一半赢的机会
My father's dead,
我父亲虽然过世了
But I know he'd be interested.
但我知道他一定会感兴趣的
This is his kind of investment.
这是他中意的那种投资
I think about
我在想
The way my father made his fortune,
我父亲创造财富的方式
Renting ships for troop transport during the war.
战争时租船运输军队
He didn't care about the Germans.
他才不在乎那些德国佬
And then I think
所以我想
I could really do something.
我可以有所成就
I might not be president,
虽然我当不了总统
But I could-- I could build something.
但是我可以 创建某样东西
People will like it.
人们会喜欢它的
I'm going to be the father of this sport
我会成为这项运动之父
And people are going to be dying to do business with me,
人们会迫不及待地想与我做生意
Even my father.
甚至我父亲也会趋之若鹜
I have this image in my mind.
我脑中有这样一幅画面
It's his 75th birthday
在他75岁生日那天
And I give him
我送给他
A team.
一支球队
I want to give you a piece of advice.
我想给你一点建议
I've been doing this awhile
我在广♥告♥业也干了不少时间了
And I applaud your enthusiasm,
我很欣赏你的激♥情♥
But I think you should take this
但我觉得你应该对这个决定
Decision a little more seriously.
更加谨慎一些
What are you saying, Don? No, let him Let him talk.
唐 你在说什么 不 让他说
You have a great fortune,
你有很大一笔财富
And that's not just money-- That's the future.
但那不仅是金钱 那更是你的未来
We will take all of your money, I promise you,
我们会将这钱物尽其用 我保证
But I think you should reevaluate this particular obsession.
但我认为 你应当重新审视自己对它的执迷
You can do better.
你能做得更好
That's a sales technique, isn't it?
这是种推销技巧 对吧
You zig away from me
你将我推开
And I zag back into your arms.
我却毅然投回你的怀抱
You know, I've got the galleys of this book by Ogilvy.
我读过奥格威的那本书
I learned a lot about advertising.
学到很多广♥告♥业的伎俩
Then why aren't you eating dinner with Ogilvy?
那你为何现在不是与奥格威共进晚餐呢
'Cause Campbell talked me out of it.
因为坎贝尔说服了我
Now let's get one thing straight.
有件事得说清楚
If Jai Alai fails,
如果回力球投资失败了
It's your fault.
那是你们的错
I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.
抱歉 但就是这样
Don't apologize. Everybody thinks that. Nobody says it.
不必抱歉 大家都这么认为 不说罢了
Are you removing that or moving it?
你是不贴了 还是打算再贴别处去
Did everybody in Manhattan decide I'm not allowed to live here?
难道曼哈顿的人 都认为我不该住这里吗
No. Actually, I think the right girl
不 事实上 我认为合适的女孩
Could have a very good effect on you.
倒是能为你带来积极的影响
I do, however, find your ad unfortunate.
但我确实发现 你的征租很不成功
It's perfect. I proofed it thoroughly.
这很完美 我仔细揣摩了的
"Clean, responsible, considerate.
"整洁 负责 体贴
I have some nice furniture and a small television."
本人有精美家具和一小台电视机"
It reads like the stage directions from an Ibsen play.
听起来就像易卜生话剧的舞台指令
So what then? You'll give me some ideas,
那能怎样 难道你打算给我些建议
I'll use them and you'll all have an even bigger laugh?
等我照做了 你们却嘲笑得更欢吗
No, I thought I'd tell you how to get a roommate.
不 我本打算告诉你怎样找到室友
This is not the way.
这样可没戏
Fine.
好吧
Please, Joan, tell me how to do it.
拜托 琼 请告诉我该怎么做
For one thing, why "Margaret"?
首先 为什么要叫玛格丽特
It's my name and it's more adult.
这是我的名字 而且感觉更成熟
But this is about two young girls in Manhattan.
但这可是两个住在曼哈顿的年轻女孩啊
This is about an adventure.
年轻就是要有冒险精神
Am I wrong?
我说的对吗
If this were me, I would say something like
换做是我 我会这么说
"Fun-loving girl, responsible sometimes.
"追求新奇的女孩 偶尔有责任心
Likes to laugh. Lives to love.
不拘小节 为爱而生
Seeks size 6 for city living
追求都市潮人生活
And general gallivanting.
逛街淘货 搭讪美男
No dull moments or dull men tolerated."
抵♥制♥无聊时光 谢绝无聊男性"
Or something like that.
就像那样
Well, thank you. That's very helpful.
多谢 这很有帮助
Don't put it up there. Everyone here knows you.
别贴这儿 这里谁不认识你
Branch out.
四处撒网
Good night, Peggy.
晚安 佩奇
Don. There you are.
唐 你可来了
I was just on my way over to Lane.
我正要去见莱恩
I've got signatures.
我拿到了签名
Horace Cooke jr. Is all dressed and ready for the oven.
小霍瑞斯·库克一切就绪 就等我们开始了
In light of all of the trepidation,
鉴于莱恩对这事的惊恐不安
Perhaps you should deliver this to Lane yourself.
或许你亲自把这送给他比较好
Are you following me? I spent two years at Dartmouth
你在跟着我 我在达特默斯时花了两年时间
Hiding him from shylocks.
帮他躲那些放高♥利♥贷♥的
Let me enjoy my payday.
难得让我也享受下发薪日
Mr. Hooker, has Lane stopped by the clubhouse?
胡克先生 莱恩是去俱乐部了吗
I'll go and get him.
我去叫他过来
That's called a Cesta. It's made of reeds from the Pyrenees.
那个叫做塞斯塔 用比利牛斯山的芦苇制成
The ball is called a pelota.
这种球叫做回力球
They just sent all this over.
他们刚把这些送过来
So did Horace have anymore ideas?
霍瑞斯又有什么新想法吗
For one thing, he wants us to call it the N.J.A.A.
有一点 他希望我们称它为NJAA
National Jai Alai Association?
国家回力球协会
He has no idea how confused
他不明白美国人对这个J字母
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表