As hard as this is, you're doing the right thing.
尽管这很让您为难 但您作出的是正确决定
Madam President.
总统阁下
It's over, Charles.
都结束了 查尔斯
I've decided not to go through with the peace deal.
我已决定放弃和平协议
Because of Bauer.
就因为鲍尔
Because the evidence implicating the Russians--
因为有牵扯到俄♥罗♥斯♥人的证据
evidence that I helped cover up--
而我曾试图掩盖这一证据
is-is potentially too lethal.
但它很可能成为致命打击
I agree, Madam President.
我认同 总统阁下
Doesn't sound like you have much of a choice.
看上去您并没多少选择
I'm surprised.
我很惊讶
I expected more of a fight from you.
我本以为会和您大吵一架
I'm nothing if not pragmatic.
我是个极其识时务的人
Although I am disappointed.
尽管我有些失落
I'm afraid you have to find some other way to repair your legacy.
恐怕您得找别的方法来重获您往日的声望了
My own personal disappointment aside,
我个人的失落暂且不论
it's a loss for the world.
此事事关世界各国的得失
Yes, it is.
是的 确实如此
Ethan's drafting my statement.
伊桑正在起草声明了
I need to call Dalia Hassan.
我要致电达莉亚·哈桑
Hope that she'll forgive me for keeping the truth from her.
希望她能原谅我对她隐瞒真♥相♥
Before you do, there is one thing you might consider.
在您这么做前 有件事可能需要您考虑一下
A way to preserve the peace deal.
继续维持和谈的可行之策
The peace deal is over.
和谈已经结束了
You said so yourself.
您自己都这么说了
I said it was over if the evidence comes out.
我是说如果证据被揭露才算结束
Obviously, you can't grant Walsh immunity.
很明显 您不能赦免沃什
The evidence would become public record.
因为那样证据就会公开
You need to control the evidence by keeping Walsh off the grid.
要控制住证据 您必须要让沃什"消失"
Off the grid?
"消失"
Classify her as an enemy combatant
把她列为敌方战斗人员
and incarcerate her in a private facility.
监禁在私人机构里
There is a private security firm I can recommend.
我可以向您推荐一家私人安保公♥司♥
They're effective and discreet.
他们是行家 也很谨慎
I have them standing by.
随时待命
Sounds like you've been giving this a lot of thought.
听起来您倒是对这一切很关心嘛
Madam President,
总统阁下
this evidence is hanging over your head.
如今证据就悬在您的头上
You need to deal with it.
您必须妥善处理
We can't keep Walsh locked up indefinitely.
我们不可能永久性地关押沃什
You wouldn't have to.
根本用不着
Ms. Walsh may not give up the information willingly,
沃什小姐可能不会很乐意地说出那些证据
but she will give it up.
但我们可以让她说
And once we have it, it won't matter what she claims.
一旦证据到手 她说什么就无关紧要了
You're talking about using physical coercion.
您是在说采用强制胁迫措施
I know how deeply this offends your public and private sensibilities.
我知道这于公于私都非常冒犯您的感受
It is repugnant, even immoral.
让人极度厌恶 甚至是极不道德
But isn't morality relative, considering what's at stake here?
但考虑到目前的当务之急 这点不道德算什么呢
You are still talking about torture.
刑讯拷问就是刑讯拷问
I'm talking about preserving a peace accord
我说的是如何维持一次关系到
that is crucial to the security of this nation.
国♥家♥安♥全♥的至关重要的和谈
And that can only happen if you acquire and control the evidence.
但前提必须要您获取并且控制住证据
Believe me, Madam President,
相信我 总统阁下
I don't make these suggestions lightly.
我说这番话也是很不容易的
I appreciate the implications.
我深知其后果
I've tried to be as open and candid with you as I've been with anyone.
我试着像对其他人一样对您开诚布公
And the truth is,
但事实上
I regret many of my own actions when I was president.
我仍对我当时身为总统时的很多行为深感悔恨
But I've also had the time and the distance
但我相信时过境迁
to see past them to a place of clear and deep understanding.
终有一天 历史会铭记和理解我的选择
What do you understand, Charles?
那您的理解是什么呢 查尔斯
Wielding the kind of power that I once had and you have now
驾驭这种至高无上的权力
can change the world.
能改变这个世界
But that often requires making impossible choices
但代价总是需要做出极为艰难的抉择
that challenge our most sacred ideals.
那些能动摇我们神圣理想的抉择
If you're not willing to do that,
如果您不愿意这么做
you should take Ethan's advice and pull out now.
那您还是听取伊桑的建议 尽早抽身吧
This was taken eight minutes ago
这是8分钟前 在25大街与
on the corner of 25th and Cleveland.
克利夫兰大道的拐角处的图像
Give Cole this information, have him redirect his search.
通知科尔 告诉他改变搜索方向
Ms. O'Brian.
奥布赖恩女士
I have President Taylor calling for you.
泰勒总统的电♥话♥
Put her through.
接进来
Madam President, Chloe O'Brian.
总统阁下 克罗伊已连线
Have you made any progress in finding Jack Bauer?
寻找杰克有进展了吗
Not yet. We're still searching.
还没 我们正在搜寻
I think it's safe to assume he's on his way to CTU
先假定他正在回反恐组的路上
and that Dana Walsh is his target.
而丹娜·沃什则是他的目标
That's, that's why I'm calling, Chloe.
所以我才打电♥话♥来 克罗伊
I want Walsh transferred
我要把丹娜·沃什转移到
to a safe house off-site.
一个无法被追踪的藏身地
Madam President, I've doubled the security around Dana Walsh.
总统阁下 我已经加强了丹娜·沃什周围的安保
I'm confident this is the safest place for her to be.
目前这里对她来说就是最安全的地方
Your opinion notwithstanding, I'd feel more comfortable
尽管如此 我还是觉得把她转移到
with her in a place where she can't be tracked.
一个无法被追踪的地方更稳妥一点
Agents from a private security firm
一家私人安保公♥司♥的探员
are coming there to pick her up.
会来把她接走
A private security firm?
私人安保公♥司♥
You know as well as I do that Jack has contacts
你我都知道杰克在政♥府♥内部
throughout the government, some of whom
有不少交情 他们中一些人
might be sympathetic to his situation.
可能会比较同情杰克目前的处境
I'm not suggesting that you're one of those people, Chloe.
我觉得你不是那样的人 克罗伊
I just, I just want to take every precaution.
我只是想有备无患
Yes, ma'am.
明白 总统阁下
I'm sending over the transfer order now.
移交指令马上就会下来
The agent in charge of the escort team is named Mark Bledsoe.
负责护送小组的探员名叫马克·布莱索
Should be arriving there in a few minutes.
几分钟内应该会到
Understood.
明白
Thank you, Chloe.
谢谢 克罗伊
I know this was difficult, Madam President,
我知道要迈出这步很艰难 总统阁下
but you made the right call.
但您这是正确之举
These men of yours, I want them to use every method of
你手下这些人 我希望他们尽一切可能
noncoercive interrogation available to them.
采用非强制胁迫的手段
I've already given that standing order.
我已经给他们下达了作战指令 放心吧
No one wants this to get ugly.
没人愿意这一切变得一发不可收拾
Oh, it's already ugly, Charles.
已经一发不可收拾了 查尔斯
Thanks. I don't need the chargers.
谢谢 不要充电器
O'Brian.
我是奥布赖恩
Chloe, it's Jack.
克罗伊 我是杰克
Jack. Please, come back now.
杰克 算我求你了 回来吧
This has got to stop.
该收手了
I need you to get me access to Dana Walsh.
我要你让我接近丹娜·沃什
The president said she's lying.
总统说丹娜在撒谎
No, it's the president who's lying.
不 是总统在撒谎
She's covering up the evidence to protect the peace agreement.
她为了保全和谈 掩盖了证据
Even if she is, she must have good reason.
即便是总统真在撒谎 也是为了大局考虑
Besides, it's not your call, it's the president's.
再说 轮不到你来决定 总统才能决定
She's covering up evidence of a terrorist attack against this country.
从她掩盖恐怖袭击美国的证据那一刻起
She no longer has the call.
她就已经失去决定权了
You don't want to go against me on this.
你别想和我对着干
Are you threatening me?
你在威胁我吗
Chloe, I'm trying to ask you for help.
克罗伊 我是在求你帮忙
I need you to put me in a room with Dana Walsh.
我需要你给我接近丹娜的机会
You're being hunted by every law enforcement agency in the city.
全城的执法机构都在追捕你
You're not thinking clearly.
你脑子已经不太清醒了吧
Right now, I'm the only one who is.
现在全世界就剩我最清醒了
You can't just go against everyone.
你不会告诉我你要和全世界对着干吧
Please, just come in here, and we'll figure this out
求你了 回来吧 我们会有办法的
before you get yourself killed.
别自寻死路
You know what, forget it, Chloe.
算了 克罗伊
剧集 | 24小时(2001) | 导航列表