Thank you.
谢谢您
Well...
那么
I will see you both
我们在
back at the U.N.
联♥合♥国♥总部见
The U.N.?
联♥合♥国♥总部
I thought you were going home.
我以为咱们要回家的
No, not yet. There are new developments.
不 暂时还不行 有了新变化
I'll explain them to you on the way.
在路上我会解释给你听的
What is going on, Mother?
到底怎么了 妈妈
Why did President Taylor and Jamot
为什么泰勒总统阁下和贾莫特
want to speak with you alone?
要跟你单独谈话
They have asked me to consider staying on...
他们建议我继续
to complete your father's work.
继续完成你父亲的遗愿
I don't understand-- what does that mean?
我不懂 这是什么意思
Our party wishes to appoint me as the new president.
我们党派希望推选我为新总统
What was your answer?
那你的答复呢
You told them
你告诉他们
you couldn't possibly accept, not after what's happened.
在发生了这么多事之后 你不可能接受的
Kayla!
凯拉
Our country is on the verge of a coup
我们的国家已在频临政♥变♥的边缘
by the people responsible for the murder of your father.
就是那些杀了你父亲的人将引发这些政♥变♥
Someone must lead.
此时必须要有人站出来
You can't beat them, don't you realize that by now?
你击不垮他们的 你现在还意识不到吗
I don't believe that; I won't.
我不这么认为 我无法相信
And the greatest blow I can strike against them
我对他们的最致命的一击就是
is to sign the peace agreement.
签订这份和平协定
This will be your father's legacy.
这是你父亲的遗愿
It will be a death sentence for you!
这对你来说是死刑
You want peace to live,
你想活在和平环境里
but all these people want is anarchy.
但那些人只想要混乱
Oh, Mother, they'll kill you!
哦 妈妈 他们会杀了你的
Enough!
够了
You are not the only one who has suffered today.
你并不是今天唯一一个遭受伤痛的人
This was not an easy decision for me,
这对我不是一个容易的抉择
but it was mine to make.
但这毕竟是我的决定
I do not need you to remind me of the danger.
我不需要你来提醒我什么是危险
I need you to help me be stronger.
我只需要你让我变得更坚强
Now, pull yourself together-- there is a car waiting for us.
现在振作精神 车子在等着我们呢
Well, I'm sure the media does want a response,
我知道现在媒体需要一个答复
but I'm not ready to give them one just yet.
但我还不打算现在就答复他们
They'll have to wait.
他们得等等
All right.
好的
Thank you.
多谢
The press secretary says the Russians are already
新闻秘书说俄♥罗♥斯♥方面已经
leaking to the news channels their intention
给新闻频道透露 他们的"不情愿地"
to "Reluctantly" pull out of the talks.
退出会谈的意愿
They don't like wasting time.
他们倒是分秒必争
Has my guest arrived?
我的客人到了吗
Yes, ma'am. I had Secret Service
到了 总统阁下 我叫特勤局
bring him in through the freight entrance
把他从货运通道带进来
and then deliver him discreetly to conference room number three, as you asked.
然后按您吩咐的 秘密地送至第3会议室
Thank you, Tim.
谢谢你 蒂姆
Yes, ma'am.
不客气 总统阁下
Madam President, let me convey my condolences
总统阁下 请允许我对哈桑总统的逝世
on the loss of President Hassan.
表示我的慰问
I know you worked closely with him.
我知道你们的合作关系非常紧密
This must be very hard for you.
这对您一定很难接受
Thank you... for your sympathy, Mr. President.
感谢您的同情 总统阁下
If you don't mind, I'd like to talk to you alone.
如果您不介意的话 我希望和您单独谈谈
This is my executive assistant, Jason Pillar.
这是我的行政助理 杰森·皮勒
I assure you he can be trusted.
我向您保证他的忠实可信
Well, forgive me
请原谅
if I don't give much weight to your endorsement.
我不太轻信您的一番引荐之词
He needs to leave.
他得回避一下
Will you excuse us, Jason?
你先回避一下好吗 杰森
Let's get something straight.
我们就开门见山吧
I agreed to this meeting only at the behest
鉴于国务卿卡宁的一再要求下
of Secretary Kanin.
我才答应和您见面的
Now, I'm not sure you're entirely aware of the situation.
现在我不确定您是否了解整个态势
My understanding is, the Russians are
我所了解的是 俄♥国♥当局会反对
rejecting Dalia Hassan as a legitimate successor,
将达莉亚·哈桑作为合法的政♥权♥继承者
and as a result, won't sign off on the peace agreement.
并以此为由 拒绝签署和平协议
You're well informed.
你消息很灵通嘛
I have close friends in Moscow.
我有故友在莫斯科
In some ways, people there
不知何故 那里的民众
appreciate me more than people in my own country.
比祖国人♥民♥更看重我
It wasn't their constitution you trampled.
你践踏的又不是他们的宪法
The Russians
俄♥罗♥斯♥人
have been trying to back out of this agreement from day one.
在和平协议提出的伊始就想退出
Do you honestly think your relationships
你真的有把握凭借你的
can change their minds?
人脉来让他们回心转意吗
I'm certain I can.
我确信我能做到
How? Let's just say
如何做到 说白了吧
I'm going to be able to exercise some leverage.
我只需要能用一点小小的筹码
What kind of leverage?
什么样的筹码
If it gets the job done, does it really matter?
如果这猫能抓到耗子 那黑白就重要吗
It does to me.
对我来说很重要
I can promise you
我向您保证
no laws'll be broken,
一不违法
nothing will tarnish you or your presidency,
二不玷污您的总统形象
but the details really must stay between me and the Russians.
只是具体事宜仅限于我和俄♥国♥当局知情
You and President Hassan created the framework
你和哈桑总统一手勾勒了
for the most significant peace in a generation, and you got
这一最具划时代意义的和平协议的框架
the entire world behind it.
而你会在幕后主导世界
To let the Russians tear down what should be the crown jewel
这等如意算盘若是在您的任期内
in your administration...
毁在了俄当局手里
Don't play me.
别想要挟我
This is about you
这是你
trying to repair your reputation.
修复形象的大好时机
Is that so hard to understand?
这你不明白吗
You participated
你参与了
in a conspiracy to cover up the assassination of David Palmer.
暗♥杀♥戴维·鲍默的阴谋
I was trying to protect the country
我那是在竭力保护我的国家
from an unnecessary trauma... Don't! You were
远离不必要的伤害 够了 你那是
doing what was best for yourself.
不择手段为己谋利
Yes.
是的
You're right, Madam President.
你说的对 总统阁下
You're right.
完全正确
I suppose I've spent so many years
我本以为通过多年的努力
trying to justify my actions
能救赎我的罪行
that it's become difficult for me...
可我却越陷越深
...to own up to the truth.
平心而论
I made mistakes,
我犯了错
terrible mistakes, that stained
致命的错 玷污了
the office of the presidency...
圣洁的总统权力
and for which I will be paying the rest of my life.
而我应为此在牢笼之中度过余生
But I still can be of value to my country.
可我仍然能为我的国家发光发热
I can still do some good.
我还可以立功赎罪
Look, we both know you wouldn't
你看 你我心知肚明若不是
have called me unless you were out of options,
你别无选择你是不会给我打电♥话♥的
so we can continue to dwell on the past,
所以你我要么接着翻旧帐
or you can let me pursue the only chance you have
要么让我去为你争取让和平进程
of resurrecting the peace process.
重回轨道的最后一线生机
Please.
请求您
Let me help you.
让我来帮忙吧
All right.
好吧
Thank you.
谢谢
What do you intend to do first?
你的第一步打算是什么
Arrange a meeting with the Russian delegate Novakovich.
与俄方代表诺亚科维奇进行一次会谈
Uh, get a message to him at his hotel.
请给他下榻的酒店留个信
剧集 | 24小时(2001) | 导航列表