It's not a man. It's Carl.
不是什么男人 是Carl
I don't care who it is.
我不管是谁
We gave you the dancing lessons for Christmas
我们送你们舞蹈课当圣诞礼物
to get you both out of the house.
是为了让你们俩都出去
I told you, the only way to get this load off the couch
我说了吧 摆脱这个家伙的唯一办法
was with hockey tickets.
就是送他冰球比赛的票
We could have got hockey tickets?
我们本来能得到冰球比赛的票
Oh. Hey.
噢 嘿
Hey. Where you been? It's almost midnight.
嘿 你去哪了 都快十二点了
Oh, well, after our lesson,
下课之后
a bunch of us went out to a club to practice our salsa moves.
我们一帮人去了一个俱乐部练习舞步
More dancing. Boy, I did dodge a bullet.
跳了又跳 还好我逃过一劫
I don't know. I think we were all just having so much fun,
我也不知道 可能是实在太有意思了
we didn't want it to end.
大家都不想那么早结束
And I'll tell you, those guys might be in their 70s,
而且我告诉你 那些家伙虽然都70多岁了
but they got brand-new hips.
但他们一个个都换上了新的髋关节
Well, I am glad that you had fun,
你玩得开心就好了
and even more glad I didn't have to go.
而且我不用去就更好了
Yeah, I mean, I missed you,
是啊 我虽然希望你在那
but it was really fun getting to know Carl a little better.
可是能进一步了解Carl真的太好了
Seriously? Yeah.
真的假的 真的啊
I mean, he's a really interesting guy.
他真的非常有趣
Do you know he's saving up money to go to India?
你知道他在攒钱去印度吗
India? Yeah.
印度 是啊
Sure he didn't say "Indiana"?
你确定他说的不是印第安纳(州)吗
'Cause that's where he goes to buy his fireworks.
他的烟花都是上那买♥♥的
I'm sure. Carl's a very spiritual guy.
我确定 Carl很重视他的精神世界
Do you know he meditates for 20 minutes every day.
你知道他每天会冥想20分钟吗
That's stupid.
蠢爆了
Wonder why he never told me that.
不知道为什么他没和我说过这些事
Yeah, I can't imagine why he doesn't tell you stuff.
是啊 他居然没告诉你 真不可思议
He tells me stuff.
他也和我说事情
I'll bet you didn't know he still has a baby tooth.
你肯定不知道他还长着一颗乳牙
Ooh, is it the one that's cold-sensitive?
噢 是那颗对冷特别敏感的牙齿吗
I know, and he can only drink from his left side.
我知道 所以他只能从左边喝饮料
Well, I'll bet you didn't know he was an amateur magician.
那你肯定不知道他是个业余魔术师
I didn't.
我不知道
Or did I?
你说呢
He showed you that?! Yeah.
他居然告诉你怎么变的了 没错
He said he could never tell me
他当初死都不肯告诉我
because it was in the magician's code.
说是什么魔术师的秘密
There's a certain level of trust between dance partners.
舞伴之间有一种特别的信任
We have to have it. It's complicated.
我们得相信彼此 这很复杂的
I'm going to hit the showers.
我去洗澡了
I heard you really tore it up on the dance floor last night.
听说你昨晚在舞蹈课上大出风头啊
Oh, well, I don't mean to blow my own horn, but...
不是我自吹自擂 不过
So, what's the deal with going to a club afterwards?
那之后去俱乐部做什么
Oh, yeah, that was Molly's idea.
噢 那是Molly的主意
She took us to this hot little Cuban joint.
她带我们去了一家很火的古巴烤肉店
Man, I bought her a caipirinha and a cigar,
一杯鸡尾酒下肚 再加一根雪茄
she was like a little hip-shaking Fidel Castro.
她就像在抖臀的卡斯特罗一样
Molly doesn't like cigars.
Molly不喜欢雪茄啊
Really? She smoked that one down to the label.
是吗 她昨天抽到烟屁♥股♥那呢
And I love the story she was telling
而且我喜欢她说的那个
about fighting the baby bull in Mexico.
在墨西哥斗小牛的故事
What?
啥
Her college trip.
她的大学旅行
With her a cappella group.
和她合唱团的朋友一起去的
She sings cappella?
她是合唱团的
Like an angel.
宛如天使
We're thinking about going to karaoke after the movie. Who?
我们想看完电影之后去唱歌♥ 谁
Me and Molly. When?
我和Molly 什么时候
Tonight. What movie?
今晚啊 看什么电影
400 Blows. Some old French film. Why?
<四百击> 一部法国老电影 为什么
'Cause it's playing at the revival house.
因为经典剧场在上映啊
How is this the first time I'm hearing about this?
怎么没人告诉我一声
Molly said you wouldn't want to go. I don't.
Molly说你不会想去的 我是不想
Then what's your problem? I don't know!
那你生什么气 我不知道
You know, you could have asked me to go to the movie with you.
你可以叫我陪你去看电影的
I did, a month ago,
我叫过啊 一个月前
and you said you'd rather be eaten by wild dogs.
你说你宁愿被野狗咬死
I didn't say that.
我才没那么说呢
But it does sound like something I would say.
不过听着像我的风格
If I said it.
如果我那么说了
Which I didn't.
实际上我并没有那么说
All right. Well, don't wait up.
好吧 今晚别等我了
Well, how long's the movie gonna be?
你要看多久的电影啊
I don't know... couple of hours.
不知道 几个小时吧
And then we'll probably grab dinner afterwards.
然后可能去吃点东西
You know, to discuss it.
讨论讨论电影
What's to discuss?
有什么好讨论的
A movie either stinks or it doesn't.
一部电影要么烂要么不烂
Thumbs up, thumbs down,
要么赞要么不赞
get in the car, go home.
然后坐车回家就是了
Can we talk about this later?
晚点再说吧
'Cause I don't want to make Carl late.
我不想耽误Carl的时间
He is so punctual.
他可守时了
I know what he is.
我知道他是怎样的人
I've known him a lot longer than you have.
我认识他比你久多了
Okay, clearly you do have a problem with me
好吧 显然你对我和Carl出去看电影
going to this movie with Carl.
有点意见
No, I don't.
我没有
You sure?
你确定
Don't be ridiculous.
别无理取闹
Okay, so I'm gonna go and you're gonna be fine?
好 那我出去了你不会生气
Absolutely.
当然
All right.
好吧
What are you doing?
你做什么
I'm going with you.
我和你一起去
Ooh. Wow.
哇哦
They did a beautiful restoration on this place.
这里重整装♥修♥得真好
Mm-hmm. Sure wasn't this nice when it was a porno theater.
要是色情剧场就没这么好了
And you know that how?
你怎么知道
Oh, I busted it a few times when I worked Vice. Oh.
我还在缉捕队的时候突击过这 喔
Should have seen all the perverts scatter.
你应该看看那些变♥态♥四处逃散的场景
It's a strange sound, hearing 50 zippers go up at once.
那声音很奇怪 就像听到50个打火机一起点燃一样
You never worked Vice.
你又没进过缉捕队
Don't embarrass me in front of your wife. Aw...
别在你老婆面前让我难堪 喔
You know, I did some reading up on this film.
我研究了一下这部电影
It's part of the Neorealism school. Mmhmm?
这是新现实主义学派 嗯哼
That means "New real."
就是新写实
You know, Kurosawa said it was his favorite film.
黑泽明说这是他最喜欢的电影
Did he, now? Yup.
是吗 对
You don't know who that is.
你根本不知道他是谁
I know he's Japanese and he liked this movie.
我知道他是日本人而且喜欢这部电影
He's Japanese, right?
他是日本人对吧
Yeah.
没错
Yeah, he's one of Japan's finest filmmakers. Mm.
他是日本最好的导演之一 嗯
Is he the Godzilla guy?
是拍<哥斯拉>的那家伙吗
Yeah, he's the Godzilla guy.
是啊 是拍<哥斯拉>的
Well, now, he knows what he's doing.
那就好 他还挺懂
Maybe this won't be such a slow roast in hell.
也许这部没那么难熬了
I'm sorry. He invited himself.
不好意思啊 他非要跟来
Black and white? Aw.
黑白电影 我去
This better change in the middle like in The Wizard of Oz.
最好像<绿野仙踪>那样中途变成彩色
Shh.
嘘
And subtitles, too?
还有字幕
Ugh. It's like seeing a boring movie
这就像是在看一部无聊的电影
and reading a horrible book at the same time.
同时在读一本讨厌的书
Shh.
嘘
剧集 | 迈克和茉莉(2010) | 导航列表