That music's awful loud.
这音乐太吵了
I mean, if she fell or had a heart attack,
她要是摔倒了或者突发心脏病的话
nobody could hear her yell for help.
没人能听见她求救啊
Take it easy.
别激动
You take it easy.
还是你别激动吧
Last time we talked, it was a fight.
我们上次说话就是在吵架
Last time you talked to anybody, it was a fight!
你上次跟谁说话 都是在吵架啊
Grandma!
奶奶
Can I help you?
请问你有事吗
What is going on?
怎么回事
I'm out here knocking like a crazy person.
我在这儿像个疯子一样敲门
Sorry, we saw the police car.
抱歉 我们看到警车了
We didn't know it was you.
不知道是你啊
"We" Who?
“我们”指谁啊
Some members of our sister church
姐妹教堂的一些教友
are visiting from Uganda.
从乌干达来访问
And damn if those Africans don't know how to party.
这帮非洲人居然会开派对
Party? It's 11:00 a.M.
派对 现在才上午11点啊
Not in Africa.
在非洲可不是
Let's go, Carl.
走吧 Carl
Bye, Nana. Enjoy your party.
再见 奶奶 好好开派对吧
Okay.N
好的
Oh... this is awkward.
呃 好尴尬啊
Samuel, what the hell are you doing here?
samuel 你在这儿干什么呢
Come on in, child.
孩子 快进来
I got a lot of good Christian African girls
这儿有好多善良的非洲基♥督♥教女孩儿
waiting to meet you.
等着见你呢
I love your grandmother.
我爱死你奶奶了
How are you gonna invite him to the party
怎么你邀请他来派对
but not your own grandson?
都不邀请你的亲孙子呢
I like him better.
我更喜欢他啊
Huh.
哈
Is that-Is that like a Hmm? Or like a Huh!
这是"哼" 还是"哈"
I'm gonna, I'm gonna just stop.
我还是 闭嘴吧
You... I'm gonna let you read.
你 好好读吧
I'm done. And?
看完了 然后呢
Loved it.
爱死了
No! Oh, yeah.
不会吧 没错
Your use of language is a cross between
你的语言混合了
Virginia Woolf and early Dean Koontz.
Virginia Woolf和Dean Koontz早期的风格
I knew it. Oh, my God, what do I do now?
我就知道 天啊 我现在该怎么做
I mean, do I get an agent? Oh, I gotta get a publisher.
用找个经纪人吗 哦 我应该找个出版商
No, you don't have to do anything.
不 你什么都不用干
With writing that good, they're gonna find you.
如此佳作 他们会来找你的
Oh, my God! That's awesome!
哦 天啊 实在太棒了
Yeah. Oh, my God.
是啊 我的天啊
I want a big, big thank you on that dedication page...
在致谢页里 好好谢谢我
Okay. ... all right?
好的 好吗
Okay. All right.
好的 那就这样
All right. Bye.
好的 再见了
You're not, you're not just saying it's good
你不是 为了赶我走
to get rid of me?
才这么说的吧
No...
怎么会呢
Hey, I am not leaving
嘿 我是不会走的
until you give me your honest opinion.
除非你告诉我你真实的看法
You don't want it.
你不会想听的
I gave up everything to be a writer.
我为了当作家放弃了一切
Oof.
噢
Okay, it can't be that bad.
不可能那么糟糕吧
Did you read it?
你读过吗
Of course I read it. I wrote it.
我当然读了 我写的啊
Well, that's the problem, you wrote it. You didn't live it.
问题就在这 这是你写的 不是你经历的
There's nothing real in those pages. Nothing.
那里面没一样是真的 没有
Are you kidding?!
开玩笑呢吧
What could be more real than a young Punjabi boy
还有什么能比一个旁遮普少年
struggling in the slums of Mumbai?!
在孟买♥♥贫民窟奋斗的故事更真实的呢
The opening paragraph was the worst writing I've ever read.
这是我读过的最差的开头
If I could gouge out my eyeballs and stuff them up my ass
如果让我挖出双眼塞进菊花
so I never had to read those words again,
就可以不再看这些东西的话
I would do so.
我会这么做的
So are you, are you saying cut the first,
你是说 删掉第一
cut the first paragraph?
删掉第一段
I am saying...
我是说
Oh, God, it drives me crazy,
天啊 真要把我逼疯了
people that think they're writers just 'cause
有些人总觉得自己拿着豪华笔记本
they have a fancy laptop and a cushy seat in Starbucks.
坐在星巴克 他们就是作家了
Hey, for your information,
嗨 我告诉你
my laptop is running Windows '95.
我的笔记本还是windows95系统
And I wrote this at my mom's kitchen table
我的文章是在我妈的餐桌上写的
because I still live with her.
因为我还跟她住在一起
How old are you?
你多大了啊
Like, early, middle-late, late-early 30s.
30出头 30多岁 不到40吧
And you are still living with your mother?
你还和你妈住在一起
Not in a weird way.
不是奇葩的那种
I'm with my husband and her husband and my sister.
我和我丈夫 她丈夫 还有我妹妹
Well, for God's sake, forget about Mumbai!
天啊 别想什么孟买♥♥了
Write about your own pathetic life.
写写你自己的悲惨生活吧
Right! God, you're good!
对啊 天啊 你太棒了
I mean, I got tons of pathetic!
我悲惨的事儿可多着呢
You've gotta dig deep. You know,
你得深入挖掘
people say that you should write about
人们都说你应该写
what you know, but that's bull.
你知道的事 那是胡说
You want to write what you don't want people to know.
你应该写你不想让人知道的事
Okay, hang on, hang on.
好 等一下 等下
"Don't want..." Want people to know.
"不想" 不想让人知道
Ooh, ooh! People to know.
噢 让人知道
"...people to know."
"让人知道"
That's right.
就是这样
So I don't want to see your face again
我不想再见到你
till you bring me something deep, something good,
除非你给我带来的作品 够深刻 够优秀
something real, and a bigger bottle of vodka.
够真实 还有更大瓶的伏特加
Okay, so no, no face, bigger bottle.
好的 不见面 要更大瓶
Okay. All right.
好的 好的
Write. Write. Right. Oh, right.
写 写 对 对
Write. Okay.
写 好的
Oh, wait-wait-wait.
等下 等下
Um, actually, sorry.
呃 其实 真是抱歉
I don't know how this got in there,
我也不知道这个怎么进来的
but it's...
但是这
I didn't think you were gonna let me...
我想你不会让我
Get out! Okay.
出去吧 好的
It was amazing. She completely dismantled me.
实在太棒了 她完全拆解了我
Just tore me down.
拆了个七零八落
And the next minute, built me right back up.
下一分钟 又把我重新装好
You know, it takes them six months to do that to a Marine.
他们重塑一个海军陆战队员需要六个月呢
She did it to me in one bottle of vodka.
她只用一瓶伏特加就搞定了
So she likes your story?
那么她喜欢你的故事喽
No, hated it with every fiber of her being.
不 她发自内心地讨厌它
Okay, I'm confused. Why are you happy?
那我就糊涂了 你开心什么
Because she told me exactly
因为她告诉我
what I have to do to become a better writer.
如何更好地写作
I have to dig deeper.
要深入挖掘
Where?
挖哪
Here and here.
这儿 这儿
And all up in here.
还有这里所有地方
Did you ever wonder why we still live with my mother?
你想过为什么我们到现在还和我妈住一起吗
Every day.
日日忧思
I mean, I used to think it was because we couldn't
我过去觉得 是因为我们没能力
afford a place of our own.
另立门户
Well, we can't.
确实如此
剧集 | 迈克和茉莉(2010) | 导航列表