All right, people, this test is called
好了 同学们 这次测验是
the "Standardized City-Wide Academic Review."
"全市广泛教学统考"
Which the Chicago Board of Education, in its infinite wisdom,
智慧无比的芝加哥教育局
has dubbed "The SCAR."
简称其为"泛统"测验
Not to put too much pressure on you,
不是给你们施压
but this is the first exam of many that will determine...
但这是你们首次经历决定
well, whether you win or lose at life.
人生成败的考试
I mean, not that acing it is any guarantee, because...
并不是说得了满分就能怎样 因为
well, you know, I crushed this thing when I was your age.
我像你们这么大的时候 考试就是手到擒来
I crushed it.
考无不胜
But I pretty much crushed whatever they put in front of me:
没有考试能拦得住我
A.C.T.S,
大学入学考试
S.A.T.S,
学术能力评估测试
G.R.E.S.
研究生入学考试
Not sure what I have to show for it.
真不明白 我还能去考什么
Maybe S.Q.U.A.T.
或许去考S.Q.U.A.T
Squat.
胖子
I mean, I still drive a beat up old car
但是现在我还开着破车
and live in my mom's basement,
住在我妈家的地下室
and I'm suffocating under a mountain of debt.
债台高筑 压得我喘不过气
Sometimes, there are mornings i wake up and I just think,
有时清晨醒来 我就想
"Why are you even gonna get out of bed?"
"你怎么还有勇气起床"
The bed which I'm still making payments on,
这床的贷款我还没还清
by the way.
告诉你们
Okay...
好了
Let's, uh, pick up our pencils.
拿起笔吧
You have one hour to complete this test...
考试时间为一小时
...and begin.
开始答题
You know what? I'm just gonna stop you for one second.
那个 我就耽误你们一小会儿
Um, do you ever just kind of
你们有没有
stand back and look at your life
置身事外 回顾过你的人生
and think, "This is not where I ought to be"
然后觉得 "我不该在这里"
You know? Or just think, "Do I have the courage to change?
或者思考 "我有勇气改变吗
Or am I gonna just keep doing this over and over
还是我会一直如此 日复一日
and over again until you die?"
循环往复 直至死亡"
You know, or you die,
你会死
or you're... you're gonna die, too.
你也会死
We're all gonna die.
我们都会死
'Cause you'll... you guys only have fourth grade once.
因为你们 只经历一次四年级
I have...
而我
I have all this for 30 more years.
还要在四年级待三十多年
Okay.
好了
Listen up, 'cause this might be the best lesson I ever teach you.
听好 这也许是我给你们上过的最好的一堂课了
Okay, don't settle!
记住 不要停下脚步
Follow your dreams...
追逐梦想
wherever they may take you!
无论它把你带往何方
Kids... can somebody please hand me my purse?
来个人 把钱包递给我好吗
And my bag.
还有我的包
Molly!
Molly
Mol, what the hell are you doing?
Mol 你在干嘛呢
I'm following my dream!
我在追梦
The school called and said you just kind of left.
学校打电♥话♥来 说你走人了
Had to. My dream's that away!
必须走 我的梦在那边
Well, okay. Get in the car and let us take you that away.
好吧 先上车 我们载你去那边
No, thanks. Having kind of a baptism thing here.
不用了 谢谢 我正在接受洗礼
Stop the car.
停车
Aw...
呃
There's a big puddle here.
这有个大水坑
Back up.
往后倒点
Seriously?
不是吧
Well, at least you didn't get your feet wet, Princess.
至少你的脚不会湿了 公主殿下
Oh, how's she doing?
她怎么样了
She's worn out, the poor thing.
精疲力尽了 小可怜
Yeah, I feel for her.
我深表同情
I am not paying for that door.
但车门钱 我不赔
That's not my priority right now, Carl.
我现在没空想这个
But for the record, I said, "Back up,"
但郑重声明 我说的是 "后退"
not, "Hit the hydrant."
不是"撞消防栓"
This is just so weird.
太奇怪了
I have never seen Molly act like this.
我从没见过Molly这样
Mom, maybe you should tell him.
妈妈 或许你该告诉他了
Tell me what?
告诉我什么
Nothing.
没什么
We shouldn't jump to conclusions.
我们不该这么早下结论
Joyce, what's going on?
Joyce 怎么回事
Ah, boy... I don't know how to say it.
天 我不知道该怎么说
Well, just say it.
直接说吧
There's a history of mental illness in our family.
我们家有精神病史
Wow.
哇
Nothing real bad.
不是很严重
Just barking, eating your own hair...
只是乱吼啊 吃头发啊
...holding an imaginary baby.
幻想自己抱着婴儿啊
Wow.
哇
Well, hang on, now.
等下
Let's-let's not go to crazy so fast.
别这么快就断定她疯了
I mean, all she did was flip out in front of a bunch of nine-year-olds,
她只是在一群9岁小孩面前失控了
climb out a window
从窗户爬了出去
and walk six miles in the rain.
在雨中走了6英里
Wow.
哇
Mol?
Mol
Yeah?
有事吗
You okay?
你还好吗
Been better.
好多了
I made you some soup.
我给你做了汤
Is it turkey noodle?
是鸡肉面吗
Yeah, but you gotta come out
是 但你得出来
if you're gonna eat it.
如果你想吃的话
There she is.
终于出来了
There you go, honey.
给你 亲爱的
Thanks.
多谢
Sorry about your car door.
很抱歉 你的车门坏了
Oh, it's all right.
没关系
It's not the first time.
反正不是第一次了
So, uh... you want to tell me what happened today?
想跟我说说 今天是怎么回事吗
I'm not sure. You know?
我也不清楚
I just... started feeling overwhelmed by everything and...
我就是突然觉得万念俱灰
I don't know, leaving just seemed like the right thing to do.
好像唯有离开才对
Through the window?
非得走窗户吗
You know, anybody can leave through a door.
走门大家都会啊
True.
那倒是
Uh, the-the school called.
学校打电♥话♥来了
They're a little curious about your intentions.
他们对你的意图有点不解
I get that.
我明白
I'm a little curious, too.
我也有点不解
Well, whatever you need,
无论你有什么需要
just know... I'm here for you.
别忘了 我都在你身边
Thanks for being so understanding.
谢谢你这么善解人意
Hey, you're my wife.
嘿 你是我妻子
I love you.
我爱你
Thanks.
谢谢
Hang on, let me just...
等下 我来
There you go.
行了
Oh, I hope that's soup I'm tasting.
哦 希望我尝到的是汤
I haven't had any yet.
我还没喝呢
Yeah.
这样啊
Don't worry.
别担心
I've been a union rep for years.
我已经当了好多年的工会代表了
I've gotten teachers off
帮很多老师摆脱过麻烦
for doing a whole lot worse than you did.
他们的行为可比你恶劣多了
Really?
真的吗
剧集 | 迈克和茉莉(2010) | 导航列表