剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
After all, we have broken bacon together.
毕竟 我们一起吃过培根
We can safely assume that we're familiar.
可以认为我们挺熟的了
Raymond, I realize that you are a very busy man,
雷蒙德 我知道你是个大忙人
so I'm gonna cut right to the chase.
那我就直切主题了
The President sincerely would like you
总统诚挚地希望
to become the next Vice President.
你能出任下届副总统
That part I already knew.
这个我已经知道了
And I'm here to convince you to say yes.
我是来说服你同意的
Another thing I already knew.
这我也知道
Well, I don't know that
那就不知道
I can tell you anything you don't already know.
我能不能告诉你什么新消息了
But perhaps you can tell me what your hesitation is.
但也许你能告诉我 你的顾虑是什么
Speak.
请说
Yes.
行
Now, I understand you might have some concerns
我理解 你有些顾忌
about the financial disclosures leading...
财务状况公开所导致的...
Speak.
请说
No.
不行
I have eight people representing me at eight
此时此刻 在六个时区有八个人
simultaneous meetings in six time zones right now.
在八个同时召开的会议上代表我
I sit here and answer their questions,
我就坐在这儿回答问题
provided they come in the form of a single yes or no proposition.
但问题必须用简单的肯否定就能回答
Well, then, let me give that a try.
那么 让我试试
Would you like to be the Vice President?
你愿意担任副总统吗
Yes or no?
愿意还是不愿意
Hold on a minute.
稍等一会儿
I am very sorry.
非常抱歉
Let me have 20 minutes to wrap up these meetings.
给我二十分钟 了结这些会议
And then what do you say we get out of the office
然后我们离开办公室
and away from this damn phone?
远离这该死的电♥话♥
Meet me at my car.
去我车那里等我
Betty can tell you where it's parked.
贝蒂会告诉你停车位置
Go ahead.
说吧
He's deflecting.
他在回避
What I can't tell is whether it's because
我分辨不出是因为
he's inclined to say no or wants to be wooed to say yes.
他想拒绝 还是想让我哄着他答应
Either way, I'll have to ease him into the conversation,
不管怎样 我得慢慢引他说话
not be so blunt.
不能太直白了
This trip may take longer than I thought.
这趟行程恐怕会比预计要长
We've looked through all the file cabinets.
我们已经找遍了所有的文件柜
They're not on his computer?
他电脑里没记录吗
Not with the Congressman's handwritten notes.
议员手写的便条没有
All right. I'll check his office.
知道了 我去他办公室看看
There is a comfort to these woods.
这片树林能给人慰藉
Like they're my backyard.
这儿就像我的后院
Well, they are my backyard, in a way. I own them.
其实可以这么说 这块地是我的
How much land?
多少地
Six thousand acres.
六千英亩
You think I could get a tour of your Fulton plant while I'm in town?
我这几天能去看看你的富顿电站吗
If you'd like. But...
如果你想 但...
I don't know why you'd want to be there
我不懂你撇下这美景
when you could be out here.
跑那儿去做什么
I've never seen a nuclear plant.
我从没见过核电站
Not much to see.
没什么可看的
Steel, concrete, a lot of steam.
钢筋混凝土 到处是蒸汽
The President hasn't exactly been a big supporter of nuclear power.
总统并不是很支持核能
Is that, uh, part of your hesitation...
那是你犹豫的原因吗
that fear that the administration...
害怕政♥府♥...
He's just being savvy.
他只是圆润处事罢了
Nuclear energy is a tough sell after Japan.
日本核爆后核能很难让人接受
But it's the only option we have right now
但这又是目前唯一
that doesn't completely trash the planet.
不会完全毁坏地球的能源
The argument against nuclear power is an emotional one.
反对核能的观点都是感情用事
And you don't make decisions based on emotion.
你不凭感情做决定
Decisions based on emotion aren't decisions at all.
凭感情做的决定不叫决定
They're instincts,
那是直觉
which can be of value.
但也很有价值
The rational and the irrational complement each other.
理性和非理性是互补的
Individually, they're far less powerful.
分开就无力许多
And which category do your thoughts on the
那你对副总统一职的考虑
vice presidency fall into?
是直觉还是决定呢
Do you hear that song?
听到鸟叫声了吗
It's a hermit thrush.
是只隐居鸫
Can't see him.
看不见他
"Solitary, the thrush...
孤独的鸫鸟
"The hermit, withdrawn to himself,
隐居起来 自我流放
"avoiding the settlements,
离开居巢
"sings by himself a song."
独自歌♥唱
Do you know the poem? No, I don't.
知道这首诗吗 不知道
It's Walt Whitman.
沃尔特·惠特曼[美国诗人]的诗
It's about the death of Abraham Lincoln.
写亚伯拉罕·林肯之死的
He's over there somewhere.
他就在那边
Yes, I know the damn poem.
我当然知道那首破诗
We studied it at the Sentinel.
在桑蒂诺学过
I said to my Professor,
我问教授
"Why mourn the death of Presidents, or anyone for that matter?
为什么要悼念总统或任何死去的人呢
"The dead can't hear us."
死人又听不到
And he asked me if I believed in heaven.
而他问我是否信天堂
I said no.
我说不
And then he asked if I had no faith in God.
他又问我是否不信上帝
I said, "You have it wrong.
我说 你错了
"It's God who has no faith in us."
是上帝不信我们
Deeper into the woods.
去树林深处吧
I think you're being paranoid.
我觉得你太多疑了
He came up right after I sat down. It was creepy.
我一坐下他就来了 很诡异
I'm telling you, it was Womack.
我跟你说 是乌麦克
Is that what Underwood said?
安德伍德说的
He didn't name names. But who else?
他没明说 但还能有谁
What's the big deal? Congressmen trade favors.
这怎么了 议员互做人情 很正常
One of these congressmen committed suicide.
其中一个自杀了
I think you're stretching here, Janine. To try and connect...
我觉得你在瞎想 简宁 想把...
I have gone after big fish before.
我追过大鱼
I know what it feels like to be watched.
我知道被监视是什么感觉
Underwood's education bill went to the floor
乌麦克当上多数党领袖三天
just three days after Womack became majority leader.
安德伍德的教育法案就进入投票
You leaked the education bill.
你泄露了教育法案的初稿
And then there was the Kern article.
还有科恩的社论
Those were two completely different stories.
那是完全不同的两件事
Wait. What was the guy?
等等 那人是谁
Uh, what was his name?
叫什么来着
He's the one who told that Kern wrote the article for the school paper.
爆料说科恩为校报写了那篇社论
Roy Kapeniak. You should go talk to him.
罗伊·科佩尼科 你该去找他
There's no link. Except you.
这没联♥系♥ 你就是联♥系♥
Underwood's been using you, Zoe.
安德伍德在利用你 佐伊
Don't you want to know why?
你不想知道原因吗
Remy Danton's on line two.
雷米·丹顿在二号♥线
He says it's important.
他说有要事
Hello, Remy. Hey, Claire.
你好 雷米 你好 克莱尔
I got a call from the P.R. Team at Sancorp.
我刚接到桑科公♥关♥部的电♥话♥
They said Gillian Cole isn't being cooperative.
说吉莉安·科尔不合作
Hasn't gotten back to them, you mean?
你是说她还没回复他们吗
No. Told them point-blank she doesn't want the film crew there.
不 她直接说她不想让摄制组去
I'm looking at an e-mail. She wrote that
我在看她的邮件 她说
they would be disruptive to the project and local community.
他们会破坏项目和当地社区
Is that her, or is that coming from you?
那是她的还是你的意思
No. I made it very clear that I wanted her to work with them.
不 我明确说过 让她配合工作
Well, it seems like she's doing the opposite.
看来她完全违背了你的要求
I will speak to her,
我跟她谈谈
and then I'll sort things out with the P.R. Team personally.
之后亲自向公♥关♥部解释
Thank you, Claire. You bet.
谢谢 克莱尔 不客气
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表