剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
Don't stay up all night. No, I'll be right there.
别熬通宵了 不会 我马上就去
Thanks so much. I'll call you.
非常感谢 回头给你打电♥话♥
Wait... I thought you had a good time?
等等 你玩得不开心吗
Oh I did, I loved it. I've never been before.
开心 我很喜欢 我从没去过那儿
Well, maybe I could come up.
或许我能上去坐坐
Brian, you're so sweet, really.
布莱恩 你人真好
But if I was gonna fuck you, you'd know.
但如果我要上你 你会知道的
Thank you so much.
非常感谢
She's here. Send her in.
她来了 让她进来
It's quite rare for a president's chief of staff to climb the Hill.
总统的幕僚长可极少亲临国会
A gesture of respect no doubt,
无疑是表示尊重
or desperation.
或者是出于绝望
I'm guessing she'll say Donald Blythe for education.
我猜她会提名唐纳德·布莱斯负责教育改革
Let's see if I'm right.
看看我说的对不对
Good morning, Linda.
早上好 琳达
Thank you so much for making the trip up.
非常感谢你走这一趟
Of course, my pleasure.
不客气
Education.
教育
First things first,
先说重要的
the seating chart for the inauguration.
这是就职典礼的座位图
How do these two work for you and Claire?
你和克莱尔坐这儿怎么样
They come with a complimentary set of tickets to the Jefferson Ball.
还附赠杰弗逊舞会的入场券
Claire would be over the moon.
克莱尔会非常高兴的
Good, I'm so glad.
那真是太好了
So... education.
那么 教育改革
We have Donald Blythe drafting the legislation.
我们让唐纳德·布莱斯拟草案
Donald Blythe? Jesus.
唐纳德·布莱斯 天啊
I know.
我知道
So you want a bill just two steps left of Karl Marx.
你想要个比马♥克♥思♥还左的法案吗
I advised the President-elect against it,
我向当选总统提过反对意见
but Donald is the face of education.
但唐纳德是教育界代表人物
He's been pushing reforms for 25 years.
他为促成改革奋斗25年了
You want me to guide him to the middle?
你想让我把他往中间引
We need a bill we can pass.
我们需要一部能通过的法案
Do I have absolute autonomy and authority on this?
我在这事上有绝对自主♥权♥和决定权吗
There's more.
不止如此
Garrett wants the bill on the floor in the first 100 days.
加勒特想在就职百天内对法案进行投票
He wants to make a pledge in his inaugural address.
他想在就职演说中做出承诺
Ah, that's...
那...
That's very ambitious, Linda.
真是非常有雄心 琳达
Can we make that pledge?
我们能做出承诺吗
A hundred days?
一百天吗
I can deliver.
我可以实现
Keep me posted.
保持联♥系♥
I'll talk with Donald, I'll check in with you later in the week.
我会找唐纳德谈 这周晚些时候和你联♥系♥
Terrific.
好极了
Did you smell that?
你闻到了吗
The smugness? The false deference.
装模作样 假意顺从
She thinks I can be bought with a pair of tickets.
她以为两张票就能收买♥♥我
What am I a whore in post-war Berlin
我是个战后柏林的妓♥女♥吗
salivating over free stocking and chocolate?
眼馋那点免费长袜和巧克力
What she's asking will cost far more than that.
她想要的东西 代价要高得多
Ferguson. Too old.
费格森 太老了
Willis? Too stupid.
威利斯 太蠢了
Boyd. Too queer.
博伊德 太基了
Really?
不是吧
He's married with three kids.
他都结婚 育有三子了
And wouldn't they be devastated.
他们肯定要伤心死了
All right.
好吧
What about Catherine Durant?
凯瑟琳·杜兰特呢
Cathy Durant ...
凯茜·杜兰特
She was vocally anti Walker.
她曾公开反沃克
She's got the experience.
她有经验
Set up a meeting.
替我安排会面
The donation from Sancorp...
桑科公♥司♥的捐款
The money will have to come from somewhere else.
那笔钱得另想办法了
God, what happened?
天哪 怎么回事
I've looked over the budget for fiscal 13
我看了13年的预算
and we've allocated 1.6 million for salaries.
其中160万是员工工资
We need to cut that in half.
我们要把这项支出减半
What, you're suggesting... Evelyn,
什么 你是说 伊芙琳
we're going to let some people go.
我们要裁员
That would be half of our staff?
裁掉一半吗
We have to carve out some room.
我们必须腾出些位置
But you'll have to fire some essential people
但这样就得裁掉些从一开始
who have been with us since the beginning.
就跟着我们的老员工啊
We are a charity,
我们是慈善机构
but not for our employees.
但不服务于职员
You know, um, Claire, I have held my tongue
克莱尔 要知道一直以来
about this whole international thing for a while.
我没对国际化的事发表意见
But, I don't get it.
但我想不通
I mean, we're really good at what we do,
为什么要放弃现有熟悉的业务
why do we have to try and be something we're not?
转而做一些我们不在行的事情呢
Because we've plateaued, Evelyn,
因为发展到了瓶颈 伊芙琳
and it is time for us, for our entire organisation...
这个机构 现在应当...
But digging wells in Africa? We don't know anything about that.
去非洲挖井吗 我们对此一无所知
Which is why we have to bring in new people.
因此我们需要雇佣新员工
This is the plan that I've proposed to the Board
这是我向董事会提出的规划
and we are moving forward with it.
董事会也接受了
I'd like a list of names, please.
记得给我名单
Claire, can we just think about this?
克莱尔 不能再斟酌一下吗
I have thought about it.
我已经想过了
I've put a lot of thought into it.
这是斟酌再三的结果
Yeah, but I think that we can really... Evelyn ...
但是我觉得我们真的 伊芙琳
You are the office manager.
你是办公室主任
I need you to trust that I know what I'm doing.
你得相信 我心里有数
So please, get me that list, as soon as possible.
所以 请尽快给我那份名单
Oh, ma'am. You can't go... I'm sorry, I just ...
女士 您不能 抱歉
I just have one question... No.
我只有一个问题 不行
Sir, I apologize this woman...
先生 抱歉 这位女士
Congressman. Miss you need to step away from him.
议员 小姐 请您退后
If I could just have one second. You step away from the...
我只打扰一会 请退后
Who are you?
你是谁
My name is Zoe Barnes, I'm a reporter at the Washington Herald.
我是佐伊·巴恩斯 《华盛顿先驱报》记者
It is after 10:30 at night and this is my home.
现在已经过了晚上十点半 而且这是我家
I do not allow any...
我不允许任何...
We are part of a mutual admiration society.
你我彼此欣赏
You're a fan of the symphony.
你喜欢交响乐
One more for the people watching than the music.
比起音乐 更喜欢观众
It's all right, Steve. Come on in, Miss Barnes.
没事了 史蒂夫 巴恩斯小姐 请进
It's strong.
这酒很烈
You prefer weak?
你想要淡一些的
No, the stronger the better.
不 越烈越好
There's no harm in looking.
看看没什么
It's a cheap ploy.
低级的把戏
It's cheap but effective.
低级却有效
Well, you certainly have my undivided attention.
我洗耳恭听
Good. The reason I'm here...
好 我来这里的原因
Oh, is foreplay over?
前戏这就结束了
I read somewhere that JFK never lasted more than three minutes.
我听说肯尼迪撑不过3分钟
The point been?
所以呢
Time is precious.
时间很宝贵
Powerful people don't have the luxury of foreplay.
身居高位之人无暇前戏
Okay, so why are you here, Ms. Barnes?
那说说你的目的吧 巴恩斯小姐
I need somebody I can talk to.
我要找能说话的人
We're talking. Tell me what we're talking about.
我们就在说话 你想说点什么
I protect your identity. I print whatever you tell me.
我会为你保密 你说什么我都发表
And I'll never ask any questions.
而且绝不乱问问题
And what makes you think
那你凭什么认定
I don't already have such an arrangement
我没有和你的同行
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表