剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
Well, I can't help you dispatch a president.
我没法帮你撵走一个总统
How about a senator?
参议员怎么样
The editorial on the Camp David Accords.
关于戴维营协议的社论
"It is the opinion of this newspaper
本报认为
that President Carter demand Israel
卡特总统应要求以色列
withdraw all its citizens
撤出约旦河西岸
from the Gaza Strip and West Bank."
及加沙地带的所有以色列公民
"Which it has illegally occupied since 1967."
以色列自1967年以来就非法占据了该地区
Illegally occupied.
非法占据
That's quite an incendiary quote, don't you think?
这话肯定能引起轰动 你说呢
For an administration that says
毕竟这届政♥府♥表示
that the Middle East is its top foreign policy priority.
中东是外交政策的重中之重
Michael Kern?
迈克尔·科恩
Did he personally write the editorial?
社论是他亲自执笔的吗
He was the editor.
他是编辑
But did he write it himself?
但是他执笔的吗
Then there's no story.
那这就不算新闻
I'm saying it's a question worth asking.
我认为这是一个值得指出的问题
And if he denies involvement?
如果他否认与这篇文章有关呢
He will. Let him.
那是必然 随他去
This is a man trying to be confirmed as Secretary of State.
这个人正在等着正式上任国务卿
Everything is a story.
他的一切都是新闻
There's no direct link.
可是没有直接关联
I can't get this past Hammerchmidt.
汉默施密特不会允许见报的
Remember this moment when you resisted me,
记住你拒绝我的这一刻
when you said the words "Then there is no story."
记住你亲口说 "那这就不算新闻"
Get a good night's sleep, Ms. Barnes.
好好睡一觉吧 巴恩斯小姐
You have a big day tomorrow.
明天还有你忙的
Francis?
弗兰西斯
What is this?
这是什么
What does it look like?
你觉得像什么
But the basement is mine.
但地下室是我的
I know. It's not for me.
我知道 这不是给我的
So who's it for?
那是给谁的
For you.
给你的
There's a gym in the Capitol.
国会大厦有健身房♥
Which you never use.
你从来不去
Because I'm a tad busy running the country.
国事已经够我忙的了
But not at home, so now you have no excuse.
在家不用忙国事 你还要怎么说
I want it out.
把它给我拿出去
Give it a try first.
试试看嘛
Is this your subtle way of saying that I'm out of shape?
你是在委婉地表示我身材走样了吗
No, it's my way of suggesting
不 我不过是认为
you could be in better shape.
你的身材可以再好一点
That sounds both passive-aggressive
这句话既以退为进
and condescending.
又居高临下
Just plain aggressive and true.
我这是以诚为进
Don't wait up for me.
别等我
Are you going running now?
你这个时间去跑步吗
Yes, because I couldn't this morning.
对 因为我早上没跑成
I had an early meeting.
有个晨会
Use the monstrosity. It's freezing out.
外面那么冷 用这个怪物锻炼吧
You break it in.
你先来
It looks positively medieval, doesn't it?
看上去像中世纪文物 不是吗
And to turn my only sanctuary into a fitness dungeon.
把我仅有的圣殿变成健身地牢
I won't have it.
我绝不容忍♥
It's a stretch.
站不住脚
We're not misleading anyone.
我们没有误导读者
He was the editor. Did you call for a comment?
他的确是编辑 他们有回应吗
I tried three times.
我打了三次电♥话♥
The press secretary said he'd get back to me.
新闻发言人说他会回电
He didn't. What about research?
但他没回 背景调查呢
You couldn't find anything to echo the editorial?
有任何附和这篇社论的材料吗
No quotes, no op-ed pieces?
言论 评论文章
Don't you think if something like that existed,
你不觉得如果有的话
someone would have printed it by now?
早会有人报道了吗
Nobody else has this, Lucas.
只有我们知道 卢卡斯
I don't think there's a story here.
我觉得这算不上是新闻
I'm not saying there's a story.
我没说这是新闻
All I'm saying is that there's a question that needs to be answered.
我不过认为这是个应该提出的问题
This is a nominee for Secretary of State.
这可是国务卿提名人
We have an editorial on Palestine and Israel.
而我们手上有份巴以社论
Which he didn't write.
却不是他写的
Which we don't know he didn't write.
我们无法确认这点
Exactly.
正是
We don't have to print it.
不非得见报啊
I could just scan the thing, stick it on a site,
我可以扫描一份 发在网上
and tweet the link.
然后推特网址
But if I did that, some other paper might--
但那样的话 别家报纸
Whoa, whoa. Don't be a bitch.
行了 别那么贱
I'll talk to Tom.
我去和汤姆说
That's all I was asking.
我就是这个意思
We simply can't afford to allow the--
我们不能允许...
We got a guy who's almost perfect.
我们找到一个绝佳人选
He's a libertarian drug fiend marinating in a mobile home.
他是一个窝在房♥车里的自♥由♥意志主义瘾君子
I didn't agree with President Reagan on many things,
我不赞成里根总统的很多主张
but there was some merit to the notion of trickle-down economics,
但滴入式经济的理念确实有可取之处
and I feel there is much merit to the idea of trickle-down diplomacy.
并且我认为滴入式外交也益处良多
Those are my lines.
那是我说的
Vasquez must have given them to him.
一定是瓦斯奎兹告诉他的
...stalemate between Israel and Palestine,
以色列和巴勒斯坦之间的僵局
that success will trickle down
这项成功将"滴入"
to a hundred other diplomatic dilemmas between Muslims,
其他穆♥斯♥林♥ 犹太和基♥督♥教国家之间的
Jews, Christians--
外交困境中
I'm glad you brought up Israel and Palestine
正好你提到了以色列和巴勒斯坦
because just before we came on the air,
我们直播前不久
I received an advance copy of an article
我收到一篇明天将刊登在
that's going to be in tomorrow's washington Herald's front page
《华盛顿先驱报》头版的报道样本
and was written by Zoe Barnes,
作者是佐伊·巴恩斯
and in it she quotes
其中她引用了一篇
an editorial that ran in the Williams College register
刊登在《威廉姆斯公报》上的一篇社论
when you were editor back in September 1978,
时间为1978年九月 你时任公报总编
which called the Israeli presence
其中称在加沙地带
in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, quote,
和约旦河西岸居住的以色列人
an illegal occupation.
为"非法占据"
Can I see that? Sure.
我能看下吗 当然
Did you write those words, "Illegal occupation"?
"非法占据"是出自你手吗
No. I have no memory of this.
不 我完全不记得这事
But you were the editor of the paper.
你可是报纸的总编
Yes, but--
没错 但是
So it couldn't have gone out without your approval.
那没经你首肯 它无法见报
No, of course not, but my staff--
对 那是当然 但是我的下属
somebody else usually wrote the, uh,
通常是其他人来写...
the, uh-- and then we'd vote, and if--
之后我们还投票 如果
Did you vote for it?
你投赞成票了吗
Honestly, George, I can't remember.
说真的 乔治 我记不得了
It was 35 years ago.
这都35年了
So you're not sure
这么说你不确定
whether or not you supported these words--
自己当时是否赞成这些言论
I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt
我非常确信地告诉你
I did not write these words.
我没写过那些话
But were they in line with your thinking at the time?
但当时你是那样想的吗
This is ludicrous.
这太荒谬了
That's all we need-- him laughing.
这个就足够了 他的笑
Nancy, get me Dennis Mendel of the ADL.
南茜 帮我接反诽谤联盟的丹尼斯·门德尔
The Middle East is a vital American interest.
中东地区对我国利益至关重要
What you think about the Middle East is relevant.
你对中东地区的看法很重要
You can look at my voting record.
你可以察看我的表决记录
Every single vote has been in defense of Israel--
每一票都站在以色列的立场上
So when did your views change?
那你什么时候改变想法的
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表