剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
Well, we really should be doing this on a Friday
这事真该放在周五
instead of a Wednesday.
而不是周三
If we do it on a Friday,
要是周五的话
people have the weekend Fine. We'll do it on Friday.
大家周末就能... 好吧 那就周五
Is all the paperwork ready?
文件都弄好了吗
Some of the more senior people are trickier.
部分老人比较棘手
There's severance.
需要离职金
But we shouldn't run into any legal issues.
应该没有什么法律问题吧
No, no. We use at-will employment contracts across the board.
不会的 我们签的都是自♥由♥雇佣合同
Well, get started first thing Friday.
周五一来就着手这事
I want all of the exit interviews done by lunch.
午餐前搞定所有离职面谈
Claire, I just can't help but think that this is a mistake.
克莱尔 我就是觉得这是个错误
We've discussed this already, Evelyn.
我们已经谈过这个问题了 伊芙琳
I know, I know, but I just have to say it
我知道 但出于良心
for the sake of my conscience.
我必须说出来
I think that you are dismantling
我觉得你在摧毁
what we have built over the past ten years,
我们过去十年建立的一切
and I--
而我
and I think the way you're handling this is...
我觉得你的处理方式
is cruel.
很残忍♥
It's not easy, Evelyn.
对我也不容易 伊芙琳
But it's necessary.
但我必须这么做
You have always asked me to be honest with you.
你一直让我实话实说
It's how we work together.
这是我们共事的基础
I disagree with something, I say it.
我有不同意见 就说出来
Well, I disagree 100%.
我对此完全不赞同
Please, Claire, don't do this.
求你 克莱尔 别这样做
I respect your opinion, Evelyn,
我尊重你的意见 伊芙琳
and I appreciate you sharing it with me,
我也很感谢你愿意告诉我
but I'm not going to change my mind.
但我不会改变主意的
Friday, then.
周五
If that's what you want.
你说了算
This is major reform, a complete overhaul.
这是一项重大改革 全面改革
That would usually take months.
一般都要几个月呢
Well, we only have days, not months.
我们只有几天 没有几个月
But think about the process. We can't just change--
但想想这个过程 我们不能随便...
When I ask my colleagues, your bosses,
我询问我的同事 你们的上司
who are the smartest minds in education,
教育界最聪明的人是谁
out of hundreds, we arrived at you--
千挑万选 选中了你们
the six of you in this room.
这间房♥里的六位
Now, I realize it is a difficult task,
我知道任务艰巨
but we have the opportunity to make history here.
但我们现在有机会创造历史
And I want all of us to make it together.
我希望大家能齐心协力
So good luck. We're counting on you.
祝好运 靠你们了
Page 1.
第一页
These bullet points reflect
着重号♥标出了
the key planks at the center of our bill.
法案的核心条款
Get comfy.
坐舒服了
This is your home until we have a presentable first draft.
拿不出像样的初稿 就别想回家
Donald, what a morning.
唐纳德 今早真够呛
I have no idea how they got this.
我不知道他们怎么搞到的
I specifically told my staff to destroy everything.
我明确告诉手下销毁一切
I can't imagine It doesn't matter how it happened.
我真不知... 那不是重点
We can't make it unhappen, so we have to adapt.
过去的没法改变 只能随机应变
Don't they realize that this is a first draft?
他们不知道这只是初稿吗
All we have here really is a perception problem.
其实就看你是站在什么角度了
We don't get a second chance at a first impression, Donald.
第一印象只有一次 唐纳德
You know that. Now, look, I'm on your side,
你也知道 我当然站在你这边
but Linda is furious.
但琳达很生气
What's she saying?
她是什么意思
They want to point fingers.
他们要找人怪罪
At me?
我吗
I told her we cannot do that.
我跟她说不能这样
I mean, you are vital to this process.
你对立法及其重要
I'm up to here with them, Donald--
唐纳德 我受够他们了
for lying, for turning their back on you.
谎话连篇 落井下石
You know, I'm of a mind to say screw it.
我要说 去你的
I'll fall on this grenade myself,
这个栽我认了
just to piss them off.
就气死他们
Give me John King at CNN.
给我接CNN的约翰·金
Wait, Frank. This is not your fault.
等等 弗兰克 这不是你的错
No, we have to protect your reputation.
不 我们得保护你的声誉
But you're the man that needs to get the bill through the house.
但是你得保证法案通过投票
I will-- hang on. I will assign it to one of my deputies,
我会...等等 我会交待我的副手
quietly manage it, and I'll help guide you through the process.
私下搞定 教你怎么走那个过场
I am not comfortable with this.
我不喜欢这样
Well, then what do you suggest we do?
那你说我们怎么办
What a martyr craves more than anything
烈士最渴求的
is a sword to fall on,
就是壮烈牺牲
so you sharpen the blade,
所以 你磨好兵刃
hold it at just the right angle,
调整好角度
and then 3, 2, 1--
默数三 二 一
It should be me.
我来
It was my bill.
这是我的法案
No. Impossible. Donald,
不行 唐纳德
education has been your life's work.
教育事业是你毕生的心血
The truth is my heart is not in this fight.
实际上 我的心根本不在这儿
You know me. I'm not a wheeler dealer.
你也知道 我不会精明算计
I can put my mind to policy,
我全心投入制定政策
but I'm no good at this brand of politics.
但没什么政♥治♥手腕
Well, if not you, then who?
那要找谁替你呢
It should be you, Frank.
应该你来 弗兰克
You're formidable. People respect you.
你令人敬畏 受人尊重
They will follow your lead. Let me--
他们会听你的领导 让我
let me be on the sidelines for this.
让我置身事外吧
Well, I could only consider that as an option
要我考虑接受
if I knew that I could still come to you for counsel.
你得保证给我提建议
Of course. Whatever you need.
当然 听候差遣
Part of me is glad this got leaked.
我内心多少庆幸泄密了
Well, it would have been better if it hadn't,
如果没这事最好
but at least people know where I stand.
但至少人们知道了我的立场
Thank you, Donald.
谢谢你 唐纳德
Happy to do it, Frank.
我的荣幸 弗兰克
He has no idea we've got six kids in the next room
他不知道我们找了六个孩子在隔壁
already working on a new draft.
紧锣密鼓地拟定新草案
Stamper! But why dampen his mood by telling him?
斯坦普 何必要说出来让他伤心呢
We just gave him a great gift--
我们刚刚给了他份大礼
a chance to fulfill his destiny.
让他能完成使命
Write up a statement for Blythe--
为布莱斯写一份声明
stepping aside, fresh ideas,
退位让贤 提出新想法
et cetera, et cetera, and make it dignified.
等等 等等 给他点面子
He's a good man.
他是个好人
Oh. And bring me that Williams editorial.
把威廉姆斯社论拿来
After careful thought and discussion with my staff,
经过慎重考虑和团队商议
I am relinquishing my management of the education reform act.
我将不再负责教育改革法案
I hope to remain a part of the process,
我仍然希望能略尽绵力
but I won't be working--
但我将不再...
Why did you leak the draft?
你为什么要泄露草案
I'm not exactly sure how it got leaked,
我不清楚怎么会泄露
but, uh, it does represent--
但是它代表了
It came from your office, though, correct?
是从你办公室泄露出去的 对吗
Uh, we wrote it, but I don't--
是我们起草的 但我不
Who'll be managing the bill now?
现在是谁负责这个法案
Frank Underwood.
弗兰克·安德伍德
Was that your choice,
是你的决定
or did the administration--
还是政♥府♥
I feel very confident
弗兰克能力出众
placing the bill in Frank's capable hands.
由他接手法案 我非常放心
Ms. Barnes.
巴恩斯小姐
How very deep throat of you.
你真够深喉
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表