剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
just to keep your staff on payroll.
来支付员工薪水
I'm well aware of what I did. I was there.
我知道我♥干♥了什么 我在场
My point is you kept going.
我要说的是你并没气馁
You hit 67 counties in less than 20 days,
你不到20天内走访了67个郡
and you proved everyone wrong.
证明所有人都错了
Like it or not, it's my name on the ticket this time,
不管你是否看好 这次是我竞选
and I got the shot, and I'm gonna prove everyone wrong.
我有这个机会 我要证明别人都错了
Just like you did. Including you, sir.
也包括你 先生 正如你当年
I would like your support, but if you won't give it, fine.
我希望你支持我 你不肯也没关系
It won't stop me.
那也阻止不了我
You think it's easy for me to be here?
你觉得我来这里容易吗
I left the Governor's mansion right in my prime.
我卸任州长时正值全盛时期
To be what? Vice president.
我去做了副总统
I thought that was a step up. But you know what?
我以为那是升了一步 但知道吗
I don't have a fucking shred of real influence.
我一丁点影响力都没有
I'm trotted around like a goddamn mascot,
我就像个吉祥物一样到处晃悠
and this is my home state.
这还是我家乡呢
I'm offering you influence, sir.
我在给你影响力 先生
I'd like your guidance and your expertise.
我需要你的指导和专业意见
But if that's not on the table, then, well...
但如果你不愿提供 那么...
With all due respect, Mr. Vice President,
恕我直言 副总统先生
you should head back to Washington.
你还是回华盛顿吧
Your husband was very explicit.
你丈夫说得很清楚
I would categorize it as a threat.
我觉得那是威胁
What did he say exactly? Not to surprise him.
他说了什么 别让他措手不及
Didn't he also tell you
他还让你们
to vote your district and your conscience?
顾及选区 凭良心了吗
He did, but those seemed far lower on his priority list.
他说了 但那个似乎不那么重要
Well, he would never fault you
如果你们有强烈理由
if you had a compelling reason to do what you think is right.
做自己认为该做的事 他不会怪你们的
I'm confused. Aren't you for this bill?
我糊涂了 你不是支持法案的吗
C.W.I. Is publicly for it.
净水计划公开支持它
Privately, I have my doubts for the same reasons you do.
就我个人而言 也有同样的疑虑
I was under the impression
我以为
that we were here so you could persuade us to vote yes.
我们来是为让你说服我们投赞成票
Oh, I'm not trying to persuade you of anything.
我没想说服你们做任何事
I will say this:
我要说
if the bill fails, it's not the end of the world.
即使法案不通过也不是世界末日
We can always sponsor new legislation.
我们随时可以发起新法案
You know, something with stricter regulatory standards.
有更严格的管理标准的法案
Just to be clear, you're telling us
我要问明白 你是说
you don't mind if we vote against the bill.
你不介意我们投反对票
I'm simply saying what my husband would...
我只是在说我丈夫会说的
that you should vote your conscience.
投票要凭良心
How are we looking? We're short a vote.
情况如何 缺一票
I just got off the phone with Claire.
我刚接到克莱尔的电♥话♥
Vanderburgh and Abrams are on board.
范德博格和艾布拉姆斯被说服了
Those are definite yeses? Definite.
确定赞成票吗 确定
We should be good.
那就没问题了
Yes?
怎么了
I've been trying to reach you since yesterday.
我从昨天就一直在找你了
Well, I've been a bit busy counting votes.
我一直在忙着计票
You said you'd have a number for me.
你说会给我个数字
Well, you should try my press office.
你该试试打给我的新♥闻♥办♥公室
I did. They won't return my calls.
我试了 但没人回电♥话♥
Well, the official word is it will be close.
官方说法是票数胶着
I'm trying to get the unofficial word.
我想知道非官方说法
Oh, I can't appear to be playing favorites now, can I?
我现在不能有所偏袒 对吧
This isn't because of the other day, is it?
这不是因为那天的事吧
What other day?
哪天的事
You said we'd keep our professional relationship.
你说我们可以保持公事往来
Well, this is what professional feels like.
公事公办就是这样
The vice president of the United States, Jim Matthews!
有请美♥利♥坚♥合众国副总统 吉姆·马修斯
Thank you.
谢谢
It's good to be back in Bristol.
回到布里斯托感觉真好
Go, warriors!
加油 勇士们
Now, you all know me. I'm a windbag.
你们都知道我是个话痨
I can go on until you all fall asleep,
我可以一直说到你们睡着
get eight hours of shut-eye,
睡八个小时
and wake up to find me still yapping.
醒来后发现我还在说个不停
And there's a lot I could say about this young man to my left.
对于我左边这位年轻人 我有很多话可说
The truth is, I've had a lot of doubts about him and his ideas,
其实 我对他和他的理念 他的过去
about his past, about his youth.
他的年轻时代都多有质疑
But if you'll remember,
但如果你们还记得
a lot of you had doubts about me the first time I ran.
我第一次竞选时你们中许多人也都质疑我
And the second and the third.
第二次 第三次也是
But over the last few days,
但在过去这几天
traveling around the state with Peter,
和彼得一起在宾州巡回竞选
I have to admit he's won me over.
我必须承认 他征服了我
He's smart, he's energetic,
他很聪明 有活力
and, most important, he's a fighter.
最重要的是 他是个斗士
Now, it says "A fresh start" On that bus over there.
那辆巴士上写着"崭新的开始"
And that's the real truth,
这是真的
because this young man will give our state
因为这位年轻人会带给我们州
the fresh start it so desperately needs.
一个它亟需的崭新开始
Ladies and gentlemen, the next Governor of Pennsylvania,
女士们先生们 有请下届宾州州长
Peter Russo.
彼得·罗素
Thank you, Mr. Vice President.
谢谢 副总统先生
How's it going, Bristol?
布里斯托你好吗
Today I'd like to talk to you about economic recovery.
今天我想与你们谈谈经济复苏
Now, as many of you may be aware,
你们很多人都知道
mostly because my opponent feels the need
多亏我的对手花了几百万
to spend millions of dollars on TV ads about my past,
在电视上宣传我的过去
I know a thing or two about recovery.
我对复苏也略知一二
I've learned a great deal through my personal struggles.
我在自己的斗争过程中学到了很多
I've learned how to harness my strength and my resolve,
我学会了如何利用我的力量和决心
make them work for me,
为我效力
much the way your Bristol watermills harnessed the power
如同多年前 布里斯托的水磨
of your beautiful Otter Creek
利用美丽的水獭湾
and the mighty Delaware river years ago.
和澎湃的特拉华河一样
Let me tell you how the Delaware river
让我告诉你们特拉华河
will reinvigorate your economy for years to come!
将如何在接下来几年中重振经济
We're going to get the shipment out of Sudan.
苏丹的货物要放行了
That's great. It might take a few weeks,
太棒了 大概要几周时间
but I think you should start making arrangements for Botswana,
但你该开始安排博茨瓦纳的工作了
where you're gonna set up base camp and the depot.
你要在那里建大本营和仓库
Just send me a budget as soon as you've got one.
写完预算后尽快给我
Claire, is there any way we can send someone in my place?
克莱尔 能派别人替我去吗
I thought you wanted to be on the ground.
我以为你想亲自去
I would, but I can't this time.
我想去 但现在不行
Why not?
为什么
I wasn't sure how to tell you this,
我不知道该怎么告诉你
but I passed the 12-week mark.
但我怀孕12周了
You're expecting.
你怀孕了
Gillian, that's wonderful. That...
吉莉安 太棒了 那
When did this happen? Who's the father?
什么时候的事 谁是孩子父亲
There was this guy I met overseas. Doctors without borders.
我在国外认识的一位无国界医生
We had this thing. Then I left.
我们在一起过 后来我走了
But he came back to the states a few months ago,
但他几个月前回了美国
and that's when it happened.
就是那时的事
Anyway, it didn't end well. But I want to keep the baby.
结果不是很好 但我想要这孩子
And does he know? He's married.
他知道吗 他结婚了
I shouldn't have. It was stupid.
我不该这样 很傻
You don't have to explain.
不必解释
I'll need some time off at the beginning of march.
我三月初得请几天假
Of course.
没问题
And absolutely, we'll send someone else instead.
我们会派别人去的
I appreciate it, Claire.
非常感谢 克莱尔
Sure.
应该的
You said medium-rare?
你要三分熟是吗
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表