剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
He'll alienate half the country.
半个国家都会与他对立
Which is exactly what I said,
这正是我说的
but he made it very clear
但他说得很清楚
he does not want me to fight him on this.
他不想让我和他争辩
So you didn't mention me at all? I never had the chance.
那你根本没说到我 都没有机会
His mind was made up before I could say a word.
我能插话前他就决定好了
Well, we have to unmake it.
我们得让他改变主意
Well, you can try, but if you do,
你可以试试 但如果你说什么
my guess is he's gonna cut you out of the process altogether.
我猜他只会干脆不许你再插手
He seemed adamant.
他看起来非常坚定
We should go in there.
我们该进去了
Mr. President. Morning, Frank.
总统先生 早上好 弗兰克
Will you give us a few minutes, Linda?
能让我们单独谈一会儿吗 琳达
Of course.
当然
Linda fill you in?
琳达告诉你了吗
I think Raymond Tusk
我觉得雷蒙德·塔斯克
is an exciting, bold idea.
是个大胆 新奇的选择
Well, I'm glad you agree. Linda didn't think so.
很高兴你赞同我 琳达可不这么想
He's a proven businessman. Brilliant, but down-to-earth.
他是有实力的商人 聪明 但很踏实
Do you know him personally?
你和他有私交吗
I met him briefly once at a fund-raiser.
我们在一次募捐会上有点头之交
Last night when I called him
昨晚打给他时
was the first time we had a meaningful conversation.
我们才第一次深谈
Did he seem open to the idea?
他愿意考虑吗
I sensed a good deal of reluctance.
我感觉他很不情愿
He wanted a few days to consider.
他要几天时间来想想
Well, good. That gives us time to start vetting him.
很好 这样就有时间审查他了
He's clean. I had him vetted last year
他没问题 我去年就审查过他
when I was considering him for Secretary of the Treasury.
当时想任命他为财政部长
And did he say why he's reluctant?
他有说为什么不情愿吗
No. Didn't give a reason. Just wanted to mull it over.
没说原因 只说要好好想想
I want to send someone to St. Louis to speak to him in person,
我想派人去圣路易斯和他当面谈
convince him to accept the nomination.
让他接受任命
And who are you thinking about?
你有合适人选吗
I'd send Linda, but there's so much work for her to do here,
我想叫琳达 但她这边工作太忙了
and, well, she can be abrasive at times.
而且她有时说话比较难听
Yeah, she can be a bit tough.
是啊 她是比较强势
I want someone with gravitas.
我要找个比较庄重的
Birch is a possibility,
博奇可以考虑
but he's not always been our strongest ally.
但他并不总是站在我们这边
I'm not sure I would trust Bob with something like this.
我看这种事不能托付给鲍勃
I would be happy to go myself, sir.
我很乐意去 先生
I can use a light touch and give him the respect he deserves.
我会耐心规劝 给他应得的尊重
Good. I'll let his people know you're coming.
很好 我会通知他的手下你要过去
Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you, Frank.
谢谢您 总统先生 谢谢你 弗兰克
Tell me, Francis.
说吧 弗兰西斯
It's good we were prepared for anything.
幸好我们做了周全的准备
I have to fly to St. Louis tonight.
我今晚得飞去圣路易斯
"Somebody was strong-arming him."
"是别人逼他的"
and when I asked him who, he said, quote,
我问他是谁时 他原话是
"People up the food chain." It's Washington.
"位高权重的人" 这可是华盛顿
Congressmen get strong-armed all the time.
议员受到逼迫是常事
My gut says it was Frank Underwood.
我觉得是弗兰克·安德伍德
He had nothing to do with Russo before the shipyard closing,
在造船厂倒闭前 他和罗素没任何往来
and then suddenly he's propping him up?
然后突然就支持他了
That doesn't mean he was...
那不意味着他...
Let's cut the bullshit once and for all, Zoe.
我们别再兜圈子了 佐伊
I know he's been feeding you your stories.
我知道是他给你提供信息
I don't want to screw you over,
我不想害你
but I'm not gonna stop digging on this.
但我会继续深入调查
I won't say he was a source.
我不会承认他是我的联络人
But you do know each other.
但你们确实认识
Show me your notes, and I'll talk to him.
给我看你的笔记 我去和他谈
These are the notes from the Capra call.
这是和凯普拉通话的笔记
And these are the transcripts from the BRAC hearing.
这是军事基地整合委员会听证会的笔录
When they got to the Philadelphia shipyard,
他们讨论到费城造船厂时
Russo doesn't say anything.
罗素什么都没说
That's fine.
没关系
Yeah, I would just put both of them in that file.
我会把两个都拖进那个文件夹里
Claire, I just got a call from the P.R. office at Sancorp
克莱尔 我刚接到桑科公♥关♥部的电♥话♥
saying they wanted to send a film crew
他们想派摄制组来
to take footage of our filtration project in Botswana.
拍我们在博茨瓦纳的滤水项目
Right. They're just using that for promotional material.
对 他们要用它做宣传片
Sancorp fought us on the watershed bill.
桑科反对我们的流域法案
They helped us get the filters out of South Sudan.
他们帮我们把滤水器运出了南苏丹
I thought that was the State Department.
那不是国♥务♥院♥做的吗
No. You remember Remy Danton?
不 你记得雷米·丹顿吗
You met him in your office right after you started working here.
你刚来这里工作时曾在办公室见过他
The lobbyist. I asked him for his help.
那个说客 我找他帮的忙
We're just returning the favor, that's all.
现在只是投桃报李 就这样
Claire, they're against everything we stand for.
克莱尔 他们的立场和我们完全相反
It's harmless. They'll send the video
没关系的 他们会把影片
to a few of their investors and make some commercials.
发给几个投资者 做些宣传
This makes me very uncomfortable... the idea...
这让我很不舒服
They are sending the film crew, Gillian,
他们会派摄制组来 吉莉安
so please work with them on that.
请好好配合他们
One of my colleagues is looking into Peter Russo.
我的同事在调查彼得·罗素
The assumption is you strong-armed him into closing the shipyard.
认为他关闭造船厂是受你所迫
Where does your colleague get their information?
你同事从哪得来的消息
I don't know.
我不知道
Allocating the D.O.D. budget is always a free-for-all.
国防部预算的分配一直是自♥由♥竞争
Did you pressure him?
你对他施过压吗
There were certain people that were gonna benefit
船厂早日关闭
from the base closing sooner rather than later.
确实对某些人有好处
I didn't strong-arm Peter.
我没有逼迫彼得
I advised him to trade in a losing hand for a winning one.
我只是建议他化腐朽为优势
How did he stand to win?
他得到什么优势了
He made allies out of enemies.
化敌为友
That's a very valuable thing in Congress.
这在国会非常可贵
I wish I could give you something juicier,
真希望我能给你更有料的信息
but the shipyard closing was just politics as usual.
但造船厂的关闭只是寻常的政♥治♥手腕
I assume your colleague is Ms. Skorsky.
我猜那个同事是斯克斯基女士
Does she know we're talking?
她知道我们的关系吗
No. Of course not.
当然不知道
Be in touch.
保持联络
More than you ever wanted to know about Raymond Alan Tusk...
雷蒙德·艾伦·塔斯克的全部资料
the companies he controls, political contributions.
他掌控的公♥司♥ 政♥治♥贡献
A GQ article entitled "Backwoods billionaire"
《绅士季刊》的文章 《乡野亿万富翁》
is about his humble midwestern lifestyle. Jesus.
说的是他在中西部的低调生活 老天
There's also a copy of the financial disclosure requirements
还有一份财务状况的披露要求
and details of the blind trust.
和保密委托的细节
I think the trust is where you want to focus.
我觉得你该从委托入手
Could Linda be behind all this?
这会是琳达的主意吗
To what end?
什么目的
To get you out of town for a few days
调你出城几天
while they continue the search without your interference.
只剩他们俩继续找人选
The President has no reason to mistrust me.
总统没理由不信任我
Unless Linda told him you want the Vice Presidency.
除非琳达告诉他你想当副总统
No. She's in way too deep.
不 她陷得太深了
We misjudged her on the Secretary of State nomination.
国务卿提名的事我们就失误了
That was different. She blindsided me.
那不一样 那次是攻我不备
Now she knows my eyes are wide open.
现在她知道我眼观六路呢
Do you want the Gaffney bag or regular business?
您要私人行装还是商务行头
Regular business. Tusk can dress down if he wants to,
商务行头 塔斯克愿穿便服是他的事
but I'm representing the White House.
但我代表的是白宫
Oh, and get Walter Doyle onto Tusk.
让沃尔特·道尔查塔斯克
Let's see if we can dig up anything.
看看能挖到什么料
I'll call him right now.
我这就打给他
And keep your eye on Janine Skorsky while I'm away.
我离开这段时间留意简宁·斯克斯基
She's been prying into Russo.
她在打听罗素的事
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表