剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表
And it won't change things in terms of our arrangement?
我们之间的合作不会受到影响
Oh, please. I don't punish people for making adult decisions.
当然 我不会为一个成熟的决定而惩罚人
Thank you, Francis.
谢谢你 弗兰西斯
She was never more than a faint blip on my radar.
她于我微若尘埃
We've served each other's purpose.
我们互相利用
If she wants to be an adult,
她想做个成年人
let her see how she can fly once she leaves the nest.
就让她看看离巢之后她能飞多远
Claire. Catherine.
克莱尔 凯瑟琳
Thank you for fitting me in.
谢谢给我时间
Oh, I can always find time for you and Frank.
对你和弗兰克我总是有空的
Well, the reason I'm here is the C.W.I. has
我来是因为净水计划
a large shipment of water filters stuck in South Sudan,
有一大批滤水器卡在了南苏丹
and they've been in storage for the past four months,
过去四个月一直放在仓库里
just sitting there, and the Sudanese government...
就放在那儿 苏丹政♥府♥...
Won't release the shipments through customs.
不肯让海关放这批货
My deputy briefed me on the latest.
我的助理向我汇报了最新进展
Right. And I know that Francis
好 我知道弗兰西斯
spoke to you about this not too long ago,
不久前也跟你提过
but lately we haven't heard much from the state department,
但最近国♥务♥院♥没有什么消息
so I was wondering if you could help.
我就想能不能找你帮忙
We've done our best, Claire.
我们已经尽力了 克莱尔
I put my top people on this.
我调了最有能力的人去处理
The Sudanese are just not responding.
苏丹那边就是不给回应
Well, is there anything else we can do?
我们还能做些什么吗
There's over $200,000 worth of equipment.
那可是价值超过二十万的设备
I wish I could. I know how important this is to you,
我也想帮你 我知道这对你有多重要
but we're about to cut off diplomatic ties.
但我们即将断绝邦交
It's a directive straight from the President.
这是总统直接下达的指令
We can't ignore their human rights violations anymore.
我们无法继续忽视他们违反人♥权♥的行为
What about back channels?
非正式的途径呢
Well, once we cut ties, I can't contact their government
一旦断绝邦交 无论正式还是非正式
officially or unofficially.
我都不能联♥系♥他们的政♥府♥
Well, is there someone you could put me in touch with?
你能帮我联♥系♥上什么人吗
I'm sorry, Claire. My hands are tied.
抱歉 克莱尔 我无能为力
I would move mountains for you and Frank,
我愿意为你和弗兰克上刀山
but I've done all I can.
但我已经尽力了
Of course.
当然
Okay. Good to see you. You too.
见到你很高兴 我也是
Congressman, you have a major bill
议员 这周晚些时候
going to the floor later this week.
你将有部重要法案进行投票
Are you optimistic it'll pass? I'm very optimistic.
你有信心它会通过吗 非常有信心
The Delaware river watershed Act not only protects
《特拉华河流域法案》不仅能保护
large portions of the state's freshwater resources,
州内大部分淡水资源
it also creates thousands of jobs.
还能创造数以千计的工作岗位
I'm confident that my colleagues on the Hill...
我有信心 国会的同事...
There's only one way to create jobs.
促进就业只有一个办法
I did it during my administration.
我任州长时曾实施过
The answer is tax credits for small businesses.
就是减免小公♥司♥的税额
You've got to encourage self-starting entrepreneurs
我们要鼓励白手起家的企业家们
to start new ventures,
经营新企业
hire employees... But specifically,
雇佣员工 具体地
about the watershed act... Small businesses,
关于流域法案 小公♥司♥
that's the solution. Everything else is window dressing.
才是解决之道 其他都是在装门面
Thank you all very much.
非常感谢各位
Thank you.
谢谢
Good night, Mr. Vice-President.
晚安 副总统先生
Hello.
你好
I need to talk about Matthews.
我想谈谈马修斯
Yes. I read the press reports.
没错 我看过新闻报道了
He's not being very helpful, is he?
他没帮上什么忙 是吗
He's doing more harm than good.
他害多利少
I want to ask him to leave.
我想让他离开
Well, that wouldn't make for a very good story.
那说出去可不好听
It's better than him torpedoing the whole bus tour.
那也比让他毁了整个巡回竞选强
Have you tried to talk to him?
你有和他谈过吗
No, I wanted to ask your advice first.
还没 我想先征求你的意见
Well, maybe there's a way
也许有办法
to keep him on the tour and inspire his support.
能不赶他走又让他支持你
We have fundamentally different views.
我们的观点存在本质差异
Well, look, you're not going to be able change his ideology,
你无法改变他的观念
but dig deeper.
触动他的心
Jim is a proud man. Tap into that pride.
吉姆是个骄傲的人 从骄傲下手
I just wish he was gone.
我只想他走人
Well, you do whatever you think best.
做你觉得最合适的事
But whatever it is you decide,
但无论决定怎样
be firm and stand up for yourself.
一定要坚守自己的立场
He'll respond to that at least.
至少他会对此有所回应
And call me back if you need anything.
还有需要 再给我打电♥话♥
What was the reason he gave you? Were you messing up?
他给的理由是什么 你闯祸了吗
No. The head waiter said I was doing a really good job.
没有 领班说我做得很好
He even started letting me take my own tables on the second day.
他第二天甚至开始让我独自负责餐桌
And then the manager... what's his name?
那就是经理 他叫什么
Leon.
里昂
He propositioned you?
他调戏你了
Called me into his office,
他叫我去他办公室
said couldn't afford to start taking anyone new on, even part-time.
说不能再雇新员工了 甚至是兼♥职♥的
Put his hand on my knee, said he might be able to make an exception.
他把手放在我的膝盖上 说可以有例外
So he started sliding his hand up my thigh.
然后他的手滑向了我的大腿
So I stood up and I tell him I should get back to work.
我站起来说要回去工作
He says, "Stay." He unbuckled his belt.
他说"留下" 解开了自己的皮带
Did you?
你做了吗
No, I walked out of the office and got back to my tables.
没有 我走出办公室 回去工作
Next day, I came into work, told me to go home.
第二天去上班时 他要我回家
I was fired.
我被辞退了
Tell me the name of the restaurant.
告诉我餐馆的名字
You're home early.
你回家好早
I needed a breather.
我需要休息下
I didn't have breakfast this morning.
今早我都没吃早饭
I might head back in a little while.
我过会儿可能还要回去
The vote count?
投票算得如何
It's going to come down to the wire on this one.
这次得最后才见分晓了
I spoke to Catherine Durant today.
我今天和凯瑟琳·杜兰特谈过了
She's unable to get the shipment out of South Sudan.
她无法将那批货运出南苏丹
Yeah, we're cutting all diplomatic ties.
是的 我们要断绝一切邦交
Foreign Affairs is up in arms about it.
外事委员会对这事很恼火
Yes. Which is why she can't lift a finger, according to her.
对 据她说 因此她毫无办法
It's what she said anyway. Anyway, I need you to talk to her.
总之她是这么说的 你得去和她谈谈
I don't think that would make any difference.
我看那样也没什么用
I thought she owed us, Francis.
她不是欠我们的吗 弗兰西斯
She does, but there's limits.
确实 但她能力有限
She's Secretary of State.
她是国务卿
She can't break diplomatic protocol.
不能违反外交协议
Well, can you make some calls?
那你能打几个电♥话♥吗
If she can't, I can't.
如果她做不到 我也没办法
Plus I have to focus on the watershed bill.
再说我得集中精力在流域法案上
I'm taking time out of my schedule to help you with that.
我都抽时间来帮你弄法案了
Because you drafted it. Because you asked me.
因为是你起草的 因为是你要求的
I didn't want to do this.
我不想做这事
All I'm asking is that you give me a little bit of your time in return.
我只求你也能抽一点时间帮我
And how am I supposed to fix a problem I can't fix?
我要如何解决一个我无力解决的问题
What about Remy?
雷米怎么样
Glendon Hill must have contacts in South Sudan.
格兰顿-希尔在南苏丹一定有联♥系♥人
He's fighting us on the vote.
他在投票的事上和我们作对
Those are two completely separate issues.
那完全是两码事
They are not.
根本就是一回事
He does you a favor, he hangs it over me.
他帮了你的忙 马上就会来要挟我
So what you're saying is my goals are secondary to yours.
你的意思是我的目标在你的之下吗
That is not what I'm saying.
我不是那个意思
I think you don't want to go hat in hand
我觉得根本是你拉不下脸来
to somebody who used to work for you.
求你的老部下帮忙
剧集 | 纸牌屋(2013) | 导航列表