剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
聪明之处在于它能转动
Best of all this is built so it can pivot.
车辆垂直时它能保持水平
As the Land Rover goes vertical this stays level.
站在坝底,所有这些改装
None of this gave me much comfort,however
都无法抑制我内心的恐惧
when I was standing at the bottom.
噢,天啊
Oh,bloody hell.
看起来
It's much steeper
比其它水坝陡多了
than the other dam in the advert.
由于起点看起来不适合开车进入
For a brief moment I thought I was off the hook
我认为自己就要摆脱这项死亡任务了
because the start point looked completely inaccessible.
可惜,制片人解决了这个难题
Sadly,the producers had thought of that.
我恨制片人
I hate problem solvers.
现在只是开胃菜
And this is just a little amuse-bouche.
终于,车停好了
Eventually,I was in place.
绞绳连接到坝顶
The winch cable was attached to the top.
死亡挑战即将开始
And it was time to begin.
绞盘由后面的引擎驱动
That's the engine in the back that powers the winch,remember
角度原因
cos of the angle.
呃...我想再说点什么
Um...I'd love to think of something else to say or do.
但不知道说啥。那开始吧
I can't,so I'm going to go.
好吧,开始
Right,here I go.
噢,绷紧了
Oh,it's tensioning up.
一切正常
This is OK so far.
噢!开始了
Oh! There it is.
噢,天啊!
Oh,my God!
看上去很慢
I know it's slow.
任何加速行为都是向死亡迈进
Any faster and I risk burning out all the winch motors and things.
此外,水坝表面也是个问题
Plus,there was an issue with the face of the dam itself.
广♥告♥里的水坝外表光滑,这座水坝很粗糙
The one on the advert was smooth concrete,this is rough stone.
这我没想到
I didn't take that into account.
我要做的是尽量避开
What I've got to do is steer between these rocks
石头凸起处
where they stick out from the face.
噢!车在震动
Oh! It's jerking.
要留意轮下情况
I'm having to read the surface.
粗糙垂直表面带来另一个问题
This vertical off-roading gave me another problem.
因为是车载绞盘牵引
Because the Land Rover is winching itself up on its own winch
绞绳必须均匀回收
the cable has to feed evenly onto the drum.
如果出错,就有大♥麻♥烦
If it doesn't do that,everything gets ruined.
由于看不见路线,制片人在坝上为我指路
I couldn't see the drum,so,up top,the producers were spotting for me.
回正,理查德
Straighten up,please,Richard.
速度很慢,所以我想,万一...
Because it's so slow I've got time to think about
what would happen if...
不行,不行。我的小心脏
I can't,I daren't.I am now terrified.
太紧张了
I am now absolutely petrified.
行至半程,出现了更糟的状况
Past the halfway point it started to get even worse.
前轮变得很轻
I can feel the front wheels now going very light...
因为...当有凹陷,像这样...
because...where it goes concave,where it bellies in like that...
绳索会把车拉离表面。噢!
my winch cable is pulling the front of the car off the ground.Oh!
这恐怖感觉无法用言语形容
And I can't tell you how horrible that feels.
停车,停车,停车
Stop,stop,stop.
好的,停了
I'm stopping,I'm stopping.
说实话,伙计们,快点决定,这太XX恐怖了。
Honestly,mate,you've got about 20 seconds,I'm BLEEP scared,OK?
OK,别分神,别分神。呃...这...
OK,take your mind off it,take your mind off it.Um...this...
这大坝的蓄水量能为伯明翰
The water behind this dam can supply Birmingham
提供每天79000000加仑用水
(299047立方米)
with 79 million gallons a day.
有人XX在听吗?
Who gives a BLEEP right now?
一切正常,继续
It's all right,we're good.
很陡了这里
It's really vertical now.
噢,天啊
Oh,God.
我能听见绳索...
I can hear the lines...
绳索紧绷的声音
I can actually hear the tension in that wire.
离上面越近
As I get to the top
绳索越脆弱
the cable becomes less strong.
因为除了车和我之外
Partly because,as well as the weight of the Land Rover and me
还要承受绞绳自身重量
it has to be carrying the weight of itself and the winch.
噢,天啊,真的是命悬一线
Oh,God,I'm depending so much on things made by other people.
所有这些装备容不得
Every single part now the brake that stops the winch feeding out
任何差池
the engine everything.
伴随强烈恐惧感
In the face of unutterable terror
最终,我接近了顶部
I was,finally,nearing the top.
接近了,我快崩溃了
We have nearly done this,I've nearly cracked it.
200英尺的垂直岩石
200 feet of near vertical rock.
就剩几英寸了,绞绳快到头了
Just a few inches,another few turns on the winch.
多么奇特的
What a fantastic way.
献礼创意
to pay tribute.
对车而言...什么?
to the car...What?
此时制片人带来坏消息
It was at this point the producers broke the bad news.
由于绳索连接点位置问题
Because of where the winch cable was attached
陆虎开不上坝顶
the Land Rover wouldn't be able to
climb over onto the flat dam top.
这意味一种结果
And this meant only one thing.
我得原路下去了
I'm going to have to go back down.
再把自己放下去
I'm going to have to winch it down the dam.
谁有尿布!
I really need a piss!
没什么
It was nothing.
没什么
It was nothing.
所以...你失败了
So...you failed.
我几乎上去了
Well,I almost got to the top.
是,但最后你还是下去了
Yeah,but then you just came straight back down again.
抱歉哈蒙德,如果我说“我开车去布里斯托尔”
I'm sorry, Hammond,if I said,"I'm going to drive to Bristol"
and then
到了布里斯托尔附近然后回去,这不算数
got NEARLY to Bristol and came home again,
that's NOT going to Bristol.
重要的是我给了陆虎卫士一个光荣欢送仪式
Look,the main thing is I gave the Land Rover Defender
但陆虎已经研发下代卫士了
a fitting sendoff.Yeah,but they're working on a new Defender now
看上去和老款一样
and it looks EXACTLY the same as the old one.
所以你的攀爬大坝挑战最终失败
So you said you'd drive to the top of a dam, which you didn't
给停产卫士拍献礼片但卫士也没停产
to pay tribute to a car that you said was about to die,
but it's not.
没错
Yeah.
所以你不但是个骗子,还浪费了大家的时间
Well,that means you're a liar and you've completely wasted our time.
是的
Yeah.
伴随这条爆♥炸♥性结论,又该说再见了
And on that bombshell,I'm afraid it's time to end.
下周一切照旧
Next week normal service is resumed.
詹姆士和我大玩撞车
James and I have a lot of crashes on purpose.
期待届时观赏。感谢各位收看,晚安!
Hopefully we shall see you then.Thank you for watching,good night!
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表