剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
Welcome to 1970s classic motoring.
几分钟后,詹姆士让这话显得更写实
And, a few moments later, James made it even more authentic.
等等,车不对劲。慢下来了
Hang on, hang on, it's conking. Oh, here it goes.
别停
Don't stop.
7分钟2英里的旅程(3.2公里),就歇菜了
Seven minutes and two miles into the journey, he's broken down.
在当地热心人帮助下...
With the help of a kindly local...
推
Pushing.
OK.推
OK. Pushing.
詹姆士又发动了
we got James going again.
走。抬离合,詹姆士
Here we go. Dump the clutch, James.
谢谢!我没法停下来道谢。要继续前进
Yes, thank you! I can't stop. Now I'm having to leave them.
有些失礼,但...他们会赶上来的
That's a bit poor, isn't it, but... I'm sure they'll catch up.
重新上路。这是旅行的一部分
We're off again. That's all part of it.
热心人
Nice man helped us.
若不是车坏,也遇不到这样的热心人
You see, we'd never have met that nice man if it wasn't for our cars.
这就是你的极速了,詹姆士?
Is this really your top speed, James?
呃,差不多,是的
Uh, pretty much, yeah.
第一次,我很庆幸他挡在前面
For once, though, I was quite glad he was holding me up.
再快一点车轮就飞了
Right. No faster than this,or the wheels will fall off.
这些是二手车轮
These are aftermarket wheels.
螺栓孔已经成椭圆了
They have oval-shaped holes where the nuts go through.
如果车速过50,轮子就飞了
And if you go above say, 50, they just fall off.
幸运的是,在这发生之前...
Luckily, before there was a chance for that to happen...
见鬼,又来!
Bloody hell, oh, not again!
又坏了,抱歉
I've gone again, sorry.
知道吗,有液体从你车后流出来
Tell you what, that is coming out of the back of your car.
这是...油。这是...这就是老爷车的德性
That is.... Oil. This is... this is classic car motoring.
下周四我们请假
Oh, next Thursday I'll take a day off work
带老伴兜风,放下顶棚,雨中寄景
take the old girl out, get the roof down, Thursday comes, it's raining.
是的...然后抛锚路边
Yeah. Well, yeah... And your car breaks down.
下雨才有情调。才不是。就是
The rain makes it more interesting. It doesn't. It does.
若是温暖晴朗的一天,会很无趣
Standing here on a warm, sunny day would be boring and ordinary.
才不!这才有挑战性!
It wouldn't! This is more of a challenge!
于是哈蒙德和我又推了一把车
Hammond and I then did another classic car workout.
使劲
Push like hell.
是的,闭嘴。用力!
Yes, just shut up. We are pushing hard! We are pushing!
走了
Here we go.
好吧伙计们,上路
Come on, chaps, let's go.
糟透的一天
What an absolutely horrible day.
标致越来越好,给予我积极的反馈
The Peugeot is getting better. It's responding to sympathetic treatment.
和老机器打交道必须牢记一点
That's the thing you have to remember about old machinery.
和它建立感情
You have to form a bond with it.
噢...不!
Oh... bollocks!
别停
Don't stop.
到这,连哈蒙德都厌倦了老爷车主间的友情
At this point, even Hammond was tiring of the classic car camaraderie.
权衡再三
We've weighed it up and we've decided
今天真受够他了
we've helped him enough today, frankly.
詹姆士,你车没救了
James, your car doesn't work.
哈蒙德,你猜在伯福德买♥♥到1970款标致发电机
Hammond, do you think you'll be able to buy an alternator
有多大可能?
for a 1970s Peugeot in Burford?
没可能
No, no.
猫纹图案烤箱手套倒有可能
A very nice oven glove with a cat on it - yes.
或条纹罐装果酱之类的东西
Or some jam in a gingham pot of some sort.
但1970款标致发电机,别想了
But alternators for 1970s Peugeots - no.
晚些时,我们重新集♥合♥。制片人告诉我们
Later that day, we were all reunited. And the producers said
要像老爷车爱好者一样,短途行驶后
we should do what all classic car enthusiasts do after a short drive.
立刻进车♥库♥做修补
Go immediately into a garage to do a bit of tinkering.
是的,宝贝儿,是的
There you go, my beauty. There you go.
♪ 告诉你,振奋起来 ♪
♪ telling you, be of good cheer♪
♪ 这是一年中最美妙的时刻... ♪
♪ It's the most wonderful time of the year... ♪
严丝合缝
Hold tight.
你又赢了!
You win again!
坐好了,欣赏焰火,迎接新年
Sit back, enjoy the fireworks, and let's bring in the new year.
Jane,制片人对
Jane, the producer today
今天情人节期望很高,保罗今晚...
is looking forward to seeing her Valentine, Paul this evening....
尼古拉想对他的艾拉说一声,情人节快乐
Nicola wants to say Happy Valentine's to her niece, Ella
我保证这个情人节给她一个吻...
and I promise my Valentine a big kiss later today...
当布谷声迎接春的到来
When a cuckoo told us that spring had sprung
我们走出小窝
we emerged from our nests.
不仅车焕然一新...
And not only were our cars transformed...
我也一样
so was I.
棋盘顶,好手艺
Checkerboard, nice work.
安全带。瞧瞧这座椅
Harnesses. Look at those seats.
哇
Wow.
桶型椅。赛车椅
Bucket seats. Racing seats.
不锈钢排气管,一整套
And stainless steel exhaust, front to back.
不会吧。是的,一整套
You're kidding. Yep, all the way.
但先生们,下巴别张太大
But, gentlemen, behold the achievement.
卸掉保险杠...
Losing the bumpers...
卸掉保险杠。漂亮
Bumpers gone. Genius.
降低悬挂。车身更低
Coils, sliced away top and bottom. So it's now lower.
新阿巴斯轮毂。黑引擎盖
New Abarth wheels. Black bonnet.
以及车头,一对Cibie悬挂灯
And, of course, at the front, a brace of Cibies.
所以这才是它本来面目
So, essentially, this is how it should've looked.
意大利原款复刻版
It's how it was when it was sold in Italy.
美♥国♥佬♥把它彻底毁了
Yes. The Americans totally ruined it
提升底盘
by lifting it up
加装愚蠢保险杠,我把它复原
and putting stupid bumpers on it. I've taken it back to original spec.
累坏我了。漂亮
I have been busy. It's nice.
詹姆士,你改了啥?
So, James, what car have you been working on?
有趣
Funny.
等等,我知道他改了啥
No, wait, I can see how busy he's been.
你把大灯喷黄了,这花了你...10月
You've painted your headlights yellow and it's taken you... October
11月,12月,1月,2月...是,但我同时
November, December, January, February... Yeah, but I've also rebuilt
提升和修缮了它的引擎
and improved and completely mended the engine.
你让它正常工作。是
You mean you've just made your car work. Yeah.
即使看不清夜路
Except you won't be able to see where you're going
你很喜欢这套法国灯组
cos you've gone for the old French headlight system.
是的,詹姆士
Yes. James.
确实很危险。什么
It's authentically dangerous. Yes.
你方向盘上是啥?那只是...
What is that on your steering wheel? That's just...
防止摸过引擎的油手
in case I had to move the steering wheel while I had
弄脏方向盘
oily hands from working on the engine.
某避孕套厂副产品?
Somebody manufactures a condom for the steering wheel?
看起来像
It turns out they do, yeah.
如果你是这种发型的修道士
And if you're a monk with hair round the sides
秃顶,也能当成浴帽
but not on the top, it's also a shower cap.
六个月冬眠期后
Having spent six months in hibernation doing tinkering
连我都迫不及待想飙一把老爷车
even I couldn't wait to take my car out for a drive.
敢说我车不漂亮吗。打赌你说不出口
Tell me this car doesn't look brilliant. Tell me, I dare you.
看起来确实比原来更棒,是的
Actually it does look a lot better than it did, I'll give you that.
破车抛光做的不错啊,哈蒙德
You have polished that turd well, Hammond.
我爱死...这真...太棒了
Oh, I'm loving... This is... this is tremendous.
若开之前那大保险杠高底盘破车
Driving a car like this with big bumpers
行在雨中,简直是种悲剧
and idiotic ride height in the rain - utter misery.
但现在...
But now...
穿梭于春日的酷黑引擎盖老爷车
An English spring day in a car with a matt black bonnet.
惬意
I'm happy.
于是我们前往科茨沃尔德,展开老爷车冒险
So we plunged into the Cotswolds looking for classic car adventures.
以往,我们会播新闻!
Now, normally at this point we would do the news!
或请明星开廉价车在赛道撒欢
Or maybe we would watch a famous person blatting around our test track
但显然这些都做不成了
in a Vauxhall Astra, but obviously we can't do either of those things
于是我们将提供各位一些信息
so instead we're going to give you some information.
没错,制片人告诉我们改装之后
Yes, the producers told us, after we'd modified our classic cars
将面对一系列挑战
that during our journey we would be facing various challenges
第一名能获得分数
and that points would be awarded to whoever did best.
而每抛一次锚
However, they also told us that we would lose points
则会扣分
for every breakdown we had.
所以你输定了,是么?
So, you've basically lost already, then?
胡扯,结果还不一定,并且...得分最高者
No, rubbish. Not necessarily, actually.And...
that the person who ended up
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表