剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
我想说
What I wanted to say is
当我开车时发现
I've noticed this, driving around in Britain, OK, I've noticed
很多新移♥民♥
a lot of the new boys, people who've just arrived in Britain
不懂英国交规
have to understand how you use the motorways here
右车道,也就是外车道,是超车道
that the right-hand lane, the outside lane, is for overtaking
当你完成超车
and then when you've completed your overtaking
就应该回到原来车道
you then move back into the two inside lanes again.
这是条常识
I'm just passing that on as a piece of information.
这是英国的规则
Cos that's how it works here, exactly.
把右车道想象成洗手间。是的
Think of that right-hand lane as the lavatory.Yeah.
你进去,方便完,然后出来
You go in, do what you've got to do, and then you come out again.
没人会整天呆里面
You don't stay in there all day.
除非你是詹姆斯·梅,我就不知道你在干啥
Unless you're James May, then I don't know what you're doing.
但实际上
But, actually, seriously,you can't blame people
不知者无罪
for not necessarily knowing that.
初到异国
If you move to a completely different country
很多东西需要学习
there's a lot of stuff that you don't know that you have to learn.
没错。大家知道,我们也去过很多国家
Exactly. We travel an awful lot, as I'm sure you know.
比如印度,你在卡车身后
I mean, in India, for example,if you're behind a lorry
卡车打右转向灯,表明“我看见你了
and it indicates right, that means,"I have seen you in my mirrors
随时可以超车”
do please feel free to overtake
或是说“正在右转”
OR it means, "I'm turning right.
是的
Yeah, it does.
如果是汽车节目,那就表示
And if only there'd been a motoring show,that would've told us
何时抵达,就是这意思
when we got there,that's what it means.
很有用的信息。没错
It's a valuable service.Yeah, exactly.
若在缅♥甸♥,你把头灯关掉
Because in Burma, for example,if you turn your headlights off
意思是天黑了
that means it's night-time.
各国规定都不相同
There's lots and lots of different little nuances
对英国新移♥民♥来说还有条规则
There's another one in Britain,for people who've just got here.
如果路上被警♥察♥拦下
If you're stopped by the police for any reason
英国传统是
it's traditional in Britain
捧起警♥察♥蜀黍的脸,啵他一下。是的
to cup the officer's face and kiss him lightly.Yeah, yeah.
通常他的回应是送你一记
And, quite often, you'll find he'll give you a traditional
传统右勾拳
little friendly punch in the face.
或其他反制措施。
And maybe a jovial little tase along with it.
其实我们想表达,从超车道滚出去!
I think what we're trying to say is,get out of the outside lane!
噢!路虎极光又推新版本
Oh, now! There's a new special edition of the Range Rover Evoque
叫做NW8.NW8?就是这货
it's called the NW8.NW8? Yes. There it is.
以伦敦邮编命名?
They've named it after a London postcode?
是的,下款车估计叫E17
Yeah, next up probably will be the E17.
一辆压过车主的车
A car that runs over its own driver.
有啥问题?听不懂你讲啥
What's the matter now? I don't get that.
East 17,邮编。邮编有那么...
East 17,It's a postcode. Why would a postcode...
East 17是支乐队,听说过布莱恩·哈维?
East 17 is a band, Brian Harvey?
赛车手?不,哈蒙德
Is he a driver? No, Hammond
哈蒙德...基本上
他知道的乐队只是Wurzels(一支老年乐队)
Hammond...Basically, the only band he knows is the Wurzels.
接下来聊聊刹车距离
Now, I want to talk about stopping distances
上集澳大利亚就涉及过
we touched on this when we were in Australia last week.
有关部门规定限速70英里(112公里)
You see, the Government says we have to be limited to 70mph
因为高速路70英里刹车距离有315英尺(96米)
on the motorway because the stopping distance from 70 is 315 feet
这是他们规定的刹车距离
which they say that's an acceptable stopping distance
所以车速不许超过70英里
so therefore you can't go any faster than 70.
但我们知道不是这样
Exactly. But we know that it isn't 315
上集做了实验
because we demonstrated this in Australia last week.
时速60英里(96公里)。足够说明问题
Well, from 60, yes.But we made the point.
于是我们想,315英尺
So what we were wondering is, how fast do you actually
究竟能满足多高车速?
have to be going before you need 315 feet to stop?
今天上午
So we actually decided, this morning in fact
我们做了实验
to do an experiment.
这是视频
We've got footage of it here.
Stig驾驶沃克斯豪尔Insignia柴油版
It's the Stig driving along in a diesel-powered Vauxhall Insignia.
到达刹车点,全力制动
And he's building up speed to brake point now, full braking
Stig用尽力气
and that's the Stig doing it.
315英尺杠杠的
And there we are, 315 feet exactly.
你们猜刹车时速度
Anyone want to guess how fast he was going
有多快吗?
when he pressed the brake pedal?
100英里?(160公里)
100mph?
柴油Insignia能到130迈?(209公里)
130 in a Vauxhall Insignia diesel?
不可能,别闹
No. Try to be realistic.
110迈?(177公里)
实际有112迈(180公里)
110? actually he was doing 112mph.
如果有关部门认为
So if the Government says that the speed limit is
这种刹车距离可行
determined by stopping distance
限速应该提到112英里
then we should be allowed to drive at 112mph.
很合逻辑。没有异议
Perfectly logical.You can't argue with it.
有理有据
It's logic.
好的,接着讲急救车
Right, OK. Now it's time to get back to our ambulance film.
目前,我们三辆车都快过
So far, we've established that my car, his van
NHS急救车
and his hearse are faster than the NHS equivalent
接下来要把它们改成
and now we pick up the action after we've converted them
真正的急救车
into actual ambulances.
我们再次聚集到赛道
We reconvened once more at our track
詹姆士第一个抵达
and James was the first to arrive.
大家好,诚如期待,我改装得很完美
Hello,viewers,and as you would expect,I have done it properly.
它不再是灵车
This is no longer a hearse
而是未来范十足的行政级救援车
it is the future of club class recovery transport.
基于商务客机标准改装
I've based it all on business jet travel.
快速,舒适
It goes fast and makes you feel better.
人性化靠枕,豪华液晶屏
Choice of pillows, television to show your journey.
精美车顶壁画。饱览舱外美景
A lovely view to the top. A lovely view out of the windows.
宾至如归吧?完美急救车
What could be wrong with it? It is the perfect ambulance.
不知道为啥前人没这么干
I don't know why nobody's thought of it before,to be brutally honest.
詹姆斯·梅!噢,我勒个去
James May! Oh, crikey.
准备臣服于我的伟大作品吧!
Prepare to be blown away by the turbulence of my magnificence!
赶紧膜拜!
Behold,look what I have done!
面对他的中二车,我快吐了
I'm prepared to bask in the fetid belch of his incompetence
还是看看吧。哈罗
but, anyway, let's see. Hello.
目标是快速急救车
The challenge, as you know,was to build a fast ambulance.
提升了300匹马力逼格...是吗?凭这身车漆
I've added 300 horsepower...Have you? with the paint job.
你会发现...
Right.You'll notice...
液压手刹。液压手刹?
hydraulic handbrake.Hydraulic handbrake?
液压手刹。急救车司机是不是常说
Hydraulic handbrake.You often hear ambulance drivers saying
“有副液压手刹就好了”
"If only I'd had a hydraulic handbrake."
你没听过是他们想不到
You've never heard them say that cos they've never thought of it.
急救电♥话♥
OK.Telephone number.
是的,急救电♥话♥。随处可见,不是吗?
Yes, telephone number. That works everywhere, doesn't it?
显而易见。是的
I can see the performance.Yes. Yes.
这是?这个?是的。这是
That? This? Yeah.This? Yeah.
这是秘密武器。毫无疑问
This is genius. No other word for it.
当我准备解释时,哈蒙德到了
But before I could explain,Hammond arrived.
噢,老天
Oh, my God.
噢,耶
Oh, yeah.
急救车
Ambulance.
上面写着...
It doesn't say...
写的是“处理核废料”,不是“急救车”
No,what it says is "lo-cost nuclear waste disposal",not"ambulance".
我想告诉他人“快让路!”
No, what it says is,"Get out of the way!"
看见这句话,没人会置之不理
Because you would.You see that,you're not going to just sit there
立马躲得远远的
dithering, "Oh, I might, I might not." You're going to run.
这是啥?如果遭遇堵车
What's this? Well, if you're stuck in traffic, for instance
释放绿色气体
and you saw this, and green gas started coming out
周围人全都吓跑。你这是
you wouldn't be stuck in traffic any more.So,you're scaring people
恐吓他人给你让路?
out of the way of your high-performance ambulance?
但依然不是高性能急救车。不
Ah, but it isn't high performance.No.
我想说,它变快了吗?
That's what I'm about to say.Uh,uh!Is it any faster?
是的,我想到个办法
Yes, I have addressed the issue of speed very cleverly.
装了个...
What I've fitted...
瞧 - 氮气瓶!
If you look over there - nitrous!
两种用途
Because it has two purposes.
医院里用作“笑气”,对吧
It's what they use as laughing gas in hospitals, isn't it?
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表