剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
Well,1.Good.That's not surprising.
-让人惊讶的是 在这种天气下 下一位数字 40 -好
What is surprising in that weather is the next one -40.OK.
让我害怕的是
What's terrifying me...
我很喜欢James Blunt 他挺不错的
..is if, and I like James Blunt a lot,
he's a really good guy.Mm-hm.
但如果James Blunt的成绩比Jack Bauer快
《24小时》就完了 -对
But if James Blunt's faster than Jack Bauer,
this could end 24.Yeah.
好
OK.
好 回到正题
Right, here we go.
1分49秒
1.49...
2. 2.
那就是说
So that...
你开心吗
Are you happy with that?
你知道吗 我从没在跑道上开过车
You know what? Yes.I've never run on a track.
别人让我开车做过很多事情
I mean, anything that
I've ever been asked to do in a car,which is
但他们基本都说
quite a lot of stuff,but they basically say,
你要以最快的速度 从这里开始
"OK,I want you to go as fast as you can,start here,
看到那辆公交车吗 撞上去
"and then when you see that bus,hit it."
那种我很擅长
That, I do really well.
总之 诸位 我代表各位
Anyway,ladies and gentleman,
can I just say,on behalf of all us,
-谢谢你的光临 -天哪 非常感谢
thank you for coming.Gosh,thank you so much.
-Kiefer Sutherland -多谢各位
Kiefer Sutherland! Thank you, guys, very much.
好
Right.
刚刚讲到 我们在澳大利亚
Tonight we are in Australia,
试图搞清楚现代而复杂的车子
trying to find out if modern, complicated cars
能否在澳北荒原生存下来
can survive the outback.
没错 制片人让我们
Indeed, the producers had told us
从达尔文市开到一个三百万亩的农场去
to drive from Darwin to a three million acre farm,
在那里我们要圈起 4000头牛 用宝马M6
where we would have to round up 4,000 cows using a BMW M6,
宾利欧陆 以及GTR -没错
a Bentley Continental,and a Nissan GT-R. Yeah.
赶了一天路之后 我们坐在一处
When we left the action, we were sitting beside
鳄鱼出没的沼泽旁边 试图抓鱼来做晚餐
a crocodile-infested swamp,
trying to catch fish for our supper.
好消息是 我们逃过了鳄鱼之口
And the good news is we survived the crocodile.
但尚未脱离危险
We did,but we weren't out of danger yet.
因为澳大利亚的小动物们不仅爱咬你 蛰你
Because in Australia animals don't just like to bite,sting
缠上你
and strangle you,
它们还爱在半路上跳出来 害你死于车祸
they also love to jump out in the road
and kill you in a crash.
没错 于是我们在第二天出发前
Absolutely.And that's why,
before we set off on the second day,
觉得最好能测试下我们的刹车
we thought we should probably test our brakes.
因此我们找到了一条通畅笔直的路
So we found a long, straight,empty piece of road -
在澳北荒原上其实挺好找的
which isn't actually very difficult in the outback -
准备一场小测试
and we set up a little experiment.
我们是这么想的
Here is what we've planned -
理查德哈默德 将以100km/h的速度疾驰在这条路上
Richard Hammond will drive down this road at 60mph.
行驶到方格旗这里 踩刹车
When he gets to the chequered flags over there,
he will brake.
高速参照表上说他会在73米后停下
Now,the Highway Code says he will stop 240 feet later
停在这条我和詹姆斯眼下站的线上
on this line here,right where James May and I are standing.
没错 但事实是 高速参照表上的数据
Ah,yes,but the thing is,
when the Highway Code was written,
来自有小又轻的车子
cars were small and light.
这宾利重约2吨♥半
That Bentley weighs two and a half tonnes.
没错 二又二分之一吨♥
Yeah, two and a half tonnes.
让我们看看刹车距离是多少吧
So,let's see how long it takes him to stop it.
100km/h
60mph.
刹车
Braking!
高速标准刹车距离
Highway Code.
两顿半的宾利
Two and a half tonne Bentley.
我会后悔的
I'll regret that.
我浪费了这个机会 机会不再有啊
Missed opportunity.
I mean,that's never going to come along -
自愿站在那(等我撞啊)
they volunteered and everything.
刚才速度达标了吗
Was that 60mph?
100km/h吗
Yep.Miles? Miles?
我在这里做个记号♥
I'm going to mark it here, look.
B字代表宾利
B for Bentley.
添个翅膀 好了
And the little wing.There you go.
下一个是我和我的M6
I elected to go next in the Gran Coupe which,
不像他的宾利
unlike Hammond's Bentley,
装着碳纤维陶瓷刹车
didn't have carbon-ceramic brakes.
我得把这活交给老古董 钢
I'm going to be relying on old-fashioned steel.
和我堂堂男子汉的神反应速度
And the quick reactions of a man in his prime.
-我们真要站这么远 -不用 完全可以往前移♥动♥
Do we need to be this far away?
No, we could confidently move forwards.
没错 但想想开车的人 还是退一点吧
Yeah,think who's driving.Maybe that much.
嗯太多了 好 我准备好了
That much.That much.OK.I'm ready.
走起
Here we go.
好了 加速到100 没花太久
OK,up to 60.That does not take long.
好了 刹车
And...braking.
急停害的我脸疼
Oh,that hurt my face!
很显然 它打破了哈蒙德的记录
More to the point,it had shattered Hammond's effort.
高速参照表是干什么吃的
What is the Highway Code on about?
他们在胡说些什么啊
I don't know,what are they talking about?
宝马在23米后就停下来了
The BMW had stopped in just 75 feet.
GTR要突破这个恐怕不容易
Quite a target for the Datsun to beat.
我担心那家伙从不物尽其用
What worries me is he doesn't ever use anything he's given to the full.
给他九百匹他只用二十匹
Give him 900 horsepower,he uses 20.
-你是说他不会刹车踩死 -没错
So he might not use all the brakes? No, he won't.
结果 踏板确实踩到底了
As it turned out,he did use all the brakes.
尽管如此
But even so...
哦 我想他超过宝马那条线啦
Ooh! I think it's actually gone over the BM.It has.
都被宝马羞辱啦
The BMW has cleaned up there.
但就算最后宝马赢了
'But, although the BMW had won,
三台车都做出了很好的表率
'all three cars had made a very good point.'
去上预防超速课时 如果老师说
When you go on a speed awareness course and the man goes,
车子停下要73米呢
"It'll take you 240 feet to stop."
马上举手反对吧 根本不用
Just put your hand up and go,"No, it doesn't."
英国高速上限速大概是120
We have to do 70mph in Britain on the motorway,
是因为有人开了辆福特Anglia 他需要
because somebody might have a Ford Anglia and it will take them
那么长才能停车 但是当你驾驶好车的时候
that long to stop.
But if you're driving a good car like this-well,
比如它们中任何一辆
any one of ours, really -
应该允许开340km/h才对
you should be allowed to go 140...210mph. Yeah.
我还在高速上受苦 就是因为有人还在开Anglia
I shouldn't have to suffer
because somebody's still got an Anglia.
在确定车子刹车达标之后
Having established that our cars could stop on a stamp,
我们松开了缰绳
we let them off the leash.
双涡轮V6迸发出的532匹马力
542 horsepower from a twin-turbo V6.
简直是一枚导弹
It is absolutely ballistic.
在发动机处于中段转速时 你也正好入了弯
The mid-range thrust of this,
when you're midway through a corner,
这玩意就 哇
it just...phwoar...
自己发射出去了
launches itself.
这台车可以给众多运动跑车
I think in this you could give some pretty good sports cars
一个下马威
a pretty big surprise.
早年间 宝马M系听着就像
In the early days,BMW's M cars sounded like
撕扯几百尺的布匹
500 yards of ripping calico
指哪打哪的操控令人惊叹
and they had telepathic steering and they were magnificent.
但最近几年
In recent years, though,
这些魔法好像有点遗失了
some of the magic has sort of gone.
随着这一匹 那些魔法又回来了
With this one,though,it is back.
真的回来了
It is properly back.
天啊 这电击般的快♥感♥ 简直了
God,this is just...electrifyingly good.
很快 制片人又让我们停下
Soon the producers told us to pull over
开一场比赛比赛
for some kind of motor racing event.
我很诧异 要干什么呢
What manner of thing will it be, I wonder?
我们到达时 显得更神秘了
The mystery deepened when we arrived
特别在收到了一些蠢呆的安全装备之后
and were given idiotic health and safety outfits.
再然后 明朗了
But then all was revealed.
我的天
Holy cow!
建设现代中国所用的大多数铁矿石
Most of the steel used to build modern China
都出自这个巨大的露天矿
came out of this vast hole in the ground.
但是今天这里会变成我们的赛场
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表