剧集 | 此时此地 | 导航列表
No.
你会孤独终老的
You're gonna die alone.
我要什么时候知道
When was I going to find out?
电视直播的时候吗
Live on the air?
我们会一起上节目
We'll be on together,
我绝不会让你措手不及的
and I would never have you be ambushed.
-所以我才叫人帮你准备 -叫人帮我准备
- That-- that's why I had you prepped. - Had me prepped.
你不觉得该在我接受这份工作前
You didn't think I should've known about this
就告诉我这事吗
before I took the job?
这跟你工作无关
It's not relevant to your job.
我们说的可是
We're talking about
工人们从大楼屋顶上跳下
workers throwing themselves off of the roof of a building!
好吧 好吧 那我们就来谈谈
All right, fine, fine, let-- then let's talk about it.
本杰明风投在任何时候
Benjamin Ventures has, at any given time,
在多个国家都有权益
equity interests in dozens of countries.
目前 我们有七个主动投资基金
Currently, we've got seven active funds,
其中一个侧重于新兴市场
one of which is focused on emerging markets.
-意思是第三世界 -意思是每天10块是中产阶级
- Meaning the Third World. - Meaning $10 a day is middle class.
-这是通往更好生活的途径 -对谁
- It's a path to a better life. - For whom?
人们被关在一个没有窗户的工厂里
People locked in a factory with no windows,
见不到家人 一间屋子睡15个人
never seeing their families, sleeping 15 to a room?
我懂你的立场
I understand where you're coming from.
我自己也纠结过
I wrestle with this myself.
你纠结是因为你被发现了
You're only wrestling with it, because you got caught!
我没有被发现 我只是没告诉你
I didn't get caught! I just didn't tell you!
你不在我们的风险投资部门工作
You don't work for our VC arm!
基金会才是你效力的实体
The Foundation is the entity you work for.
似乎我效力的实体是你
It seems like the entity I work for is you.
你决定
You decide...
什么时候给我做准备
when to have me prepped...
我需要知道什么 对吗
what I need to know, right?
我是你无足轻重的私人项目
I am your pet project.
这样说不公平
That's not fair.
你所做的工作很重要
You're doing real work, important work.
给你增光添彩的工作
Work that makes you look good.
天啊
Oh God.
这一切就是为了公♥关♥吗
Is this all just PR?
我不需要任何宣传
I-I-- I don't need any publicity.
大家看过来 看看这社会慈善家
Look over here, everyone, at the do-gooder lady!
请无视无人性的劳动条件
Please ignore inhumane labor conditions.
奥德丽 你得理解
Audrey, you've gotta unders...
好吧 好吧 知道吗
All right, all right. All right, you know what?
你说的是
You're right.
这是很好的公♥关♥ 确实是
This is good PR. It is. It is.
但它不非得是一个二选一的情况
But it doesn't have to be either-or.
两者都可以是真的
Both can be true.
我们是在做好事
We're actually doing good.
你在剥削人
You are exploiting human beings!
我在伯克利认识的史蒂文是个理想主义者
The Steven I knew at Berkeley was an idealist.
我现在还是
I still am.
我会解决的
I will fix it.
要想取得我今天的成就
You don't get to where I am--
一定要有非凡的魅力
Without being pretty damn charming.
我忘了你太有魅力
What I forgot was, you're so charming,
你能说服任何人做任何事
you can convince anyone of anything,
包括你自己
including yourself.
我们真的在改变世界
We're making a tangible change in the world.
你真想在我可以弥补的情况下放弃这一切吗
Do you really want to throw this away for something I can fix?
你想吗 奥德丽
Do you, Audrey?
-借过 -抱歉 借过
- Excuse me. - Sorry, excuse me.
你有给克里斯汀写什么东西吗
Hey, did you write anything for Kristen yet?
嗯
Uh, yeah.
写得很好啊
Oh wow. This is good.
我拒绝分享 上次送爸爸的鞋你还欠着我呢
I'm not sharing it. You still owe me for Dad's shoes.
大家好
Hi, everyone.
谢谢前来
Thank you for coming.
今天的演讲者是
Today's speaker is one of
波特兰最受欢迎的人生导师之一
the most sought-after life coaches in Portland.
是的
Yes.
他将和我们讨论他即将出版的处♥女♥作
Here to discuss his upcoming literary debut,
这个季度受到了不少关注
getting some serious buzz this season,
掌声有请
please welcome to the stage...
杜克·拜尔-博特莱特
Duc Bayer-Boatwright.
那是我哥哥
Hey, um, that's my brother.
-真好 -谢谢大家捧场
- Great. - Thank you all for coming out.
能来这我感到很幸运
I feel very lucky to be here.
我最初萌发写这本书的想法
Well, I first saw the idea for this book
是在意识到我的客户
after realizing the phenomenal results
在经过我的治疗后所取得的辉煌成就后
my clients were achieving in my practice.
我感觉我晚上入睡后
I feel like I went to sleep one night,
早上醒来 世界都变了
when I woke up in the morning, the world had changed.
但我想不明白为什么 我四处徘徊
But I can't figure out how, and I'm wandering around,
试图弄清楚
trying to make sense of it.
我在找
I'm looking for...
比如世界快毁灭了
Like the world's ending?
你有过这种感受吗 斯科拉尼医生
You ever feel like that, Dr. Shokrani?
如果你不介意的话
If you don't mind,
布莱索警官想检查你们的手
Officer Bledsoe would like to check your hands.
好的
Sure.
-为什么 -几天前
- Why? - A few days ago,
有三名学生被喷了化学品
three students were sprayed with a chemical.
他们没事吧
Are they okay?
什么样的化学品
What kind of chemical?
硝酸银 会在皮肤上留下黑点
Silver nitrate, stains the skin.
你们有没听说过是谁干的
Have you heard anything about who did this?
没有 抱歉
No. Sorry.
化学实验室里
Nothing weird in chem lab
或放学后没有异常吗
or maybe after school?
我也希望我们能帮上忙
I wish we could be of help.
你确定吗
You're sure?
我以为我们是来谈模拟像的事
I thought we were here to talk about the effigy.
今年这个学期都过得挺不顺的
You know, it's been kind of a rough semester at school this year.
模拟像的事就够糟的了 之后又发生了
I mean, the effigy was bad enough, but then there was
-纳粹标志仇恨犯罪的事 -纳粹标志
- that swastika hate-crime thing. - Swastika?
在我的储物柜上
On my locker.
抱歉 我以为大家都知道
Sorry, I figured everyone knew.
调查有进展了吗 施耐德先生
Any progress on the investigation, Mr. Schneider?
我们还在调查当中
We're still working on it.
我们能...
Mm. Can we...
我们能走了吗
Can we go now?
-谁能想到 -是啊
- Wow. Who knew? - Oh, yeah.
我们的作者会说出智慧的话语
Some wise words from our author.
我们还剩最后一次提问
Okay, we've got one more question.
好 后面那位
Uh, yes, in the back.
你是格雷格·博特莱特的儿子
You're Greg Boatwright's son.
你读过你父亲的书了吗
Have you read your father's book?
这段时间没有 我最近有点忙
Not recently. I've been a little busy.
这是本重要的书
It's an important book.
先生 你有问题想问杜克吗
Sir, do you have a question for Duc?
有 我的问题是
Yes, my question is,
你认为你父亲的作品如何影响了你
how do you think your father's work influenced you?
他的作品造就了今天的我
It shaped who I am.
做一个好人的想法
Um, the idea that being a good person
来自着眼于现在 对吧
comes from focusing on the present, right?
过去造成遗憾
The past causes regret,
未来产生焦虑
the future creates anxiety.
但假如我们
But if we care, um,
只在乎当下 我们又如何向前迈进
only about right now, how do we move forward?
我们怎能无视过去 所发生过的那些事
How can we ignore our past? Those things happened.
我认为只活在当下是一种逃避
I think living only in the present can be a cop-out.
我们的天性并非静止不变的
剧集 | 此时此地 | 导航列表