剧集 | 此时此地 | 导航列表
The board wants me silent
学校董事会希望我保持沉默
until the PPD finishes its investigation.
这没道理啊
Well, that doesn't make any sense.
会传遍网络的
It's gonna be all over the Internet.
你说的是
You're right.
社交媒体上已经有照片了
Pictures have already shown up on social media...
所以媒体很快就会涌入这里
so this place is gonna be crawling with press any minute now.
他们会不惜一切得到答案
And they'll be foaming at the mouth for answers.
没错
Exactly.
我最会找答案了
And finding answers is my specialty.
-你妈呢 -在清♥真♥寺
- Where's your mother? - At the mosque.
她先走了 去帮忙
She left early to help with
布置阿基拉今晚的婚礼
final touches for Akilah's wedding tonight.
好吧
Okay, great.
我可以帮你把那东西抹到你背上
Yeah, I can put that stuff on your back.
确定吗
You're sure?
好的
Okay. Cool.
我看网上说维他命E并没什么作用
Yeah, I read online vitamin "E" doesn't really help.
我知道
Yeah, I know that.
那抹这个有什么意义
So, what's the point?
多年前就失去意义了
Well, I've lost the point of it years ago.
只是个习惯 能让我冷静
Just habit now, calms me,
尽管我知道并没什么效果
though I know it doesn't actually do anything.
听上去很像是仪式化的迷信
Sounds a lot like ritualized superstition.
是的 机灵鬼
Yes, it does... smart-ass.
听着 纳维德·约翰
Listen, Navid John.
如果能让你开心 你可以祷告一整天
Pray all day long if it truly makes you happy...
戴头巾
and wear the hijab...
喜欢男生女生或者都喜欢 亦或者都不喜欢
and like boys or girls or both... or neither.
我只希望你能平安
I just wanna keep you safe.
仅此而已
That's all.
我们身上已经背着靶子了
We already have a target on our backs,
我担心你会让你的靶子更大
and I just worry you'd be adding a few more.
我保证过我不会穿成这样出去 爸
Promised I would never go out like this, Dad.
希望如此
I really hope so.
我希望你能穿成这样出门
I wish you could.
我希望世界不是现在这样
I wish the world was different from what it is.
你迟到了15分37秒 哥伦比亚
You're 15 minutes and 37 seconds late, Colombia.
-我错过宣布名单了吗 -是的
- Did I miss the announcement? - Yup.
操 结果怎样
Fuck. And?
显然 我入选了
Obviously, I got one of the spots.
显然
Obviously.
我没有吗
And I didn't?
没占我的位置
Well... not my spot.
我入选了
I got it?
天啊
Oh my God!
德克斯 我们都要去参加波特兰游戏博览会了
Dex, we're both going to the Portland Game Expo.
衣原体感染
Chlamydia?
-对 -恶心
- Yup. - Nasty.
你传给我了
You gave it to me?
不 你传给我的
N-no, I got it from you.
那是我第一次 记得吗
It was my first time, remember?
我也许该去检查下 对吗
I should probably get that checked out, shouldn't I?
是的
Yeah, you should.
我知道这听上去很怪 但我们还是可以
Hey, I know this is weird, but we could still...
还是可以什么
Still what?
一起玩什么的
You know, hang out sometime.
听着 我才刚刚
Look, I mean, I've literally
把你的脸和名字对上号♥ 基尔斯汀
just put a face to your name, Kirsten, okay?
克里斯汀
Kristen.
我叫克里斯汀 不是基尔斯汀
It's Kristen, not Kirsten.
-亲爱的 -嘿
- Hey, babe. - Hey.
我的加了甜菊水吗
Did you get mine with the liquid Stevia?
加了 笨蛋
Yes, silly.
所以
So...
你是哪位
who are you?
基尔斯汀 加斯蒂娜
Kirsten, Justina.
-是克里斯汀 -加斯蒂娜 基尔斯汀
- It's Kristen. - Justina, Kirsten.
好的
Cool.
他有衣原体感染
He's got chlamydia.
也许
Maybe.
所以问题是
So, the question is,
"一个人要怎么对...形成合理反应"
"How does one form a rational response to the..."
真好 你没等我就开始了
Oh, good. You started without me.
博特莱特先生 我们以为你走丢了
Mr. Boatwright, we thought we'd lost you.
-我也以为我走丢了 -老天
- Yeah, I-- I thought I lost me too. - Christ.
你好 托马斯 很高兴再次见到你
Hello, Thomas. Good to see you again.
-格雷格 -请继续
- Greg. - Please continue.
别介意我
Never mind me.
好 在我的书中 我研究了
Right. Well, in my book, I examined the existential crisis
生活在一个充满混乱 腐♥败♥ 战争和压♥迫♥的
of living in a world that is overrun by chaos,
世界中的存在危机
corruption, war, and oppression.
我认为最合理的反应是
I believe the most rational response
-是"乐观主义" -"乐观主义"
is "Optimism." -Optimism? Hmm.
难怪但丁在地狱的第一层里
No wonder Dante populated
充满了哲学家
the first circle of Hell with philosophers.
焦虑是对当下现实的
Anxiety is a completely appropriate response
合理反应 托马斯 还有愤怒
to today's reality, Thomas. And anger.
你想要什么
What do you want?
人们吞下自己的苦果吗
People just to swallow the shit that they're in?
还有 我们是什么时候决定愤慨是违法的
By the way, when the fuck did we criminalize outrage?
格雷格 我的观点和你在
Greg, the point I make is not dissimilar
你第一本也是唯一一本书里所阐明的观点是一致的
from the one that you laid out in your first and... only book.
《此时此刻的外行指南》
狗屁 我从没说过任何人
Bullshit. I never said anyone
在面对法♥西♥斯♥主义时应该保持乐观
should be optimistic in the face of fascism.
"此刻 在这令人不安的时刻
"It is now, in this troubling moment,
"我们必须为了我们
"That we must always choose joy
"为了我们所爱之人 为了全世界
"for us, for those we love,
永远选择快乐"
and for the entire world."
这是你的原话 格雷格
These are your words, Greg.
30年前这书出版的时候
Was the world any less challenging
世界比现在更没挑战性吗
when they were published 30 years ago?
30年前 真♥相♥仍然是真♥相♥
Thirty years ago, truth was still truth,
事实仍然是事实
a fact was a fact,
但我们的社会已经变了
but we're not that society anymore.
世界发生了翻天覆地的变化
The world got turned upside down.
就像一座充满♥狗♥屁的汹涌瀑布 无尽地流淌着
Just a raging waterfall of fuckery from here to forever.
被我们这样的聪明人搞得天翻地覆
Turned upside down by smart people like us--
你 我 他们
you, me, them.
我们有什么资格称颂
Who the fuck are we to proclaim
稀有客观的智慧
some kind of rarified, objective wisdom?
-这是我们天生的 -大自然
- Well, it's our innate-- - Nature...
才不管我们个人的智力体验
doesn't care about our individual intellectual experiences.
相信我 大自然有自己的计划
Believe me. Nature has plans of its own,
少了我们也不会有事
and it is gonna be just fine without us.
如果一头鹿在树林里拉屎
If-- if a deer shits in the woods...
不管你有没有看到
whether you're there to see it or not...
都没有意义
it means nothing.
就是屎而已
It's just shit.
他们来了
Hey! Here they come!
杜克
All right, Duc!
快 快
Let's go, let's go, let's go!
现在是不是
So, is, uh, is this the part
该我问你怎么了 亲爱的
where I ask you what's wrong, honey-bear?
除非他们有挖苦奖
Only if they give out trophies for sarcasm.
好吧
Wow. Okay.
怎么了
What's up, man?
你让该死的菲尔赢了
Dude, you let fucking Phil win?
搞什么
What the fuck?
等等 不是你赢了吗
Wait. I thought you won.
剧集 | 此时此地 | 导航列表