剧集 | 此时此地 | 导航列表
Social media is how they mobilize.
"黑人的命也是命" "抵抗大游♥行♥"Black Lives Matter, Resist Marches--
分别为黑人群体和非异性恋群体发起的运动
他们不是冷漠 史蒂文 而是愤怒
they're not indifferent, Steven, they're angry.
人人都愤怒 我也愤怒啊
Everybody's angry. I'm angry.
我尝试过所有方法来预防干旱
I've tried to figure out every possible way to prevent drought,
让作物持续生长 与碳排放作斗争
to keep crops sustaining, fighting carbon emissions.
这是场必败之仗
That's a losing battle.
人类还能撑50年就算走运了
We'll be lucky if we last another 50 years.
50年 那才不是走运
Fifty years? That's not lucky.
那是投降
That's surrender.
我不接受
And I don't accept that.
世界不再是我们的了
The world is not ours anymore,
如果我们的后代要治好它
and if our kids are gonna fix it,
哪怕只是活在其中
even just live in it,
那他们的愤怒...
then their anger...
他们必须学会
They have to be taught
不能残忍♥对待彼此
that they can't just be cruel to each other,
像我们和我们父辈那样互相残杀
killing each other like we did, our parents did.
他们能超越我们 你明白吗
They can be better than us, you know?
你现在在学校就是教这些吗
So, that's what you're teaching them in these schools?
曾经 直到我的资金被断了
Did, until my funding got yanked.
我希望你回来
I want you to come back...
给我的董事会看计划书 预算
present to my board a proposal, a budget,
说服这些开支票的混♥蛋♥
convince these assholes who write the checks
你是一项很好的投资
that you are a great investment.
听起来不错吧
Sound good?
当然
Of course.
-宝贝 -嘿
- Hey, babe. - Hey.
我们今晚和威廉姆斯一家吃晚餐
We're doing dinner tonight with the Williamses.
-谁 -你在学校交的朋友 杰米拉
- Who? - Uh, your friend from school, Jamila.
我没听懂
I'm not following.
海莉那个小伙伴的妈妈
Hailey's cubby-buddy? His mom.
等等 马尔科姆 我们才刚认识这些人
Wait. Malcolm, we just met these people,
就要跟他们共进晚餐了吗
and we're already doing dinner? That's--
不如你叫车过来
Look, why don't you just Uber over
我们喝点酒
and we'll do wine o'clock.
知道吗
You know what?
就这么定了
Let's do it. Yeah.
我想多认识他们
I'd like to get to know them better,
他们儿子也能跟海莉当要好的玩伴
and their little boy could be very nice for Hailey to play with.
那会很好的
It'll be good.
太好了 谢谢你
Yes. Thank you.
心心表情 奖杯表情 亲亲表情 太棒了
Heart emoji, trophy emoji, kissing face emoji! Yes!
天啊 宝贝 我们说过了
Oh my God. Babe, we talked about this.
表情包不是一种语言
Emoji is not a language.
-抱歉 我爱你 -我也爱你
- I'm sorry. I love you.- I love you too.
我不懂
I just don't understand it.
我们明明有三个残疾停车位
We have three handicap parking spaces
就空在那儿
just sitting out there,
但麦道威尔是唯一一个
but MacDowell here is the only one of us
有残疾标语的
that actually has a handicap placard.
-我也有 -拜托 鲁宾 你根本不需要
- I have one too. - Oh, come on, Rubin, you don't need it.
我腿部的血液循环不好
I have poor circulation to my legs.
你的腿有时会失去知觉 有什么大不了
Your foot falls asleep. Big deal.
天啊
Jesus Christ.
我们能不能谈一点正经事
If we could maybe discuss something serious for a moment?
好 谢谢你
Yes. Thank you.
他们把洗手间的肥皂
They have changed the soap in the bathroom
换成了有砂砾的奇怪橘色玩意
to this weird, orange, gravelly whatchamacallit.
我们到底是大学还是污水处理厂
I mean, come on, are we a university or a sewage plant?
老天
Oh my God.
博特莱特 你有要补充的吗
Boatwright, do you have something you'd like to add?
还真有
Yes, actually. Um...
我们在干吗
What are we doing here?
在开教职员会议
Having a faculty meeting.
很好 那我们为何不是在讨论
Great, then why aren't we talking about
过去20年里
how the number of students
主修哲学的学生人数
declaring philosophy as a major
每年稳步下降的问题
has steadily declined over the last 20 years.
-因为互联网吗 -不
- The Internet? - No.
没错
Yes.
-就是啊 -不
- I know. - No.
是因为
No, it's because...
我们在做的事并非发自内心
what we are doing isn't viscerally connected to anything.
我们谈论的古代哲学家们
These ancient philosophers we talk about,
他们都是行动派 文学巨人
they were men of action, literary giants,
自♥由♥思想的帝王
emperors of free thought.
他们居住其中 为之抗争
They lived in it. They fought for it.
他们还因此被迫♥害♥
They were persecuted for it.
教会甚至杀死他们
The church even killed them for it!
而数千年后的我们
And here we are, thousands of years later,
却在无关紧要的白人老头
just decaying in an ivory tower
抱怨橘色肥皂的
of insignificant, old, white men
这座象牙塔里渐渐腐烂
complaining about orange fucking soap.
没人在乎这一点
Nobody gives a shit!
这才是问题
That's the problem!
没人他妈在乎
Nobody gives a shit!
格雷格 你喝醉了吗
Greg, are you drunk?
不 我没醉
No. I'm not drunk.
你在上个月两年一度的道德规范会议上喝醉了吗
Were you drunk at the biennial ethics conference last month?
我们觉得你当时颇具娱乐性
We understand you were very entertaining.
我可以保证 我那次没喝醉
I can assure you I was not drunk then,
现在也没醉
and I am not drunk now.
换作我是你 我会谨言慎行
Well, I'd watch my behavior if I were you.
你20岁时觉得迷人的事
Things you thought were charming when you were 20
到60岁时就变得尴尬了
are just embarrassing at 60.
那个工作机会太棒了 科里无法拒绝
The job opportunity was just too good for Corey to pass up,
离开查尔斯顿我也很开心
and I was glad to leave Charleston.
别误会
I mean, don't get me wrong,
南卡罗来纳州也很美
South Carolina is beautiful and all,
但依旧是南部啊
but it's still the South.
但我跟你讲
I tell you what, though,
这事是上帝的旨意
God certainly put His plan in motion on this one.
这些事你是预测不到的
You cannot predict these things.
你跟你家人去的是哪个教堂
What church do you and your family go to?
-我们不去教堂 -真可惜
- Oh, we don't. - Oh. That's a shame.
宝贝 你一定要看他烤肉
Babe, you have to see this guy on the grill.
他腌制肉的方法
I mean, the way he brines his meat--
真的 你应该火起来
seriously, you should be viral.
有人说腌制是一门消逝的艺术
You know, they say that brining is somewhat of a lost art
可惜确实是这样
and it is, sadly.
马尔科姆之前跟我们说
You know, Malcolm was telling us earlier
-你在时尚行业里工作 -是的
- you work in fashion. - Yes, I do. Yeah.
-她有自己的零售网站 -在珍珠区还有家实体店
- Has her own retail site. - And a store in the Pearl.
讲真艾希莉 我真想像你一样
Seriously, Ashley, I'd love to be more like you
知道为什么人们会穿那种
and know everything about why people wear, like...
蠢蠢的脚趾头分开的橡胶鞋
those stupid rubber shoes with the individual toes?
之类的东西 对吧
Stuff like that, right?
造型和协调感
Style and coordination, yeah,
这是我工作的一部分
that's a... that's a part of what I do.
但我在学校的时候想学的是历史
Uh, but I wanted to be a history major when I was in school,
我上的课越多 我越注意到
and the more classes I took, the more I just kept noticing
时尚是如何象征着一切的
how fashion is indicative of everything, really--
比如经济水平 社会变迁
I mean, economic status, social changes.
它是历史的直观体现
It's a visual representation of history
就像在你眼前展开一样
right as it's unfolding in front of your eyes.
真好
Nice.
而且她的网站上承诺
And her website guarantees delivery
两到三个工作日之内到货
in two to three business days,
不然下一单就打八五折
or it's 15% off your next order.
真的很合算
剧集 | 此时此地 | 导航列表