剧集 | 此时此地 | 导航列表
你呢 你来这里有一阵了吧
How about you? Have you been doing it a while?
上过各种各样的课 需要这种生活方式
This and other stuff. Kind of need the routine.
我在海军陆战队服过役
I was in the Marines for a while,
那种思维模式再也改不了了
could never really shake the mindset.
什么思维模式
What mindset?
为将要面对的一切做好准备
Be ready for what's coming.
下节课见
See you next class.
楼下有个桑拿
Um, there's also a sauna downstairs,
而且你也该补充下睡眠 爸
and you also should be sleeping too, Dad, which by the way--
最近两天睡不好 不过没事
It's been a rough couple of nights, but it's nothing.
我想说明下 尽管外观看起来不像
I want it on the record, though, despite appearances,
但我曾经是个运动员
I was once an athlete.
我还曾经是个厉害的指画家
Yeah. And I was once a great finger painter.
等等 真的吗
Wait. Really?
我十一年级的时候
Yeah, I lettered at wide receiver
作为外接手 受过学校表彰
my junior year of high school,
也入选过篮球校队
played some varsity basketball, too.
大学不打球了
No college ball?
不打了 被招募过几次 但没打
No. I was recruited some, but no.
为什么不
Why not?
我
Well, I, uh...
我发现我兄弟阿奇死了
I found out my brother, Archie, was dead...
就在十二年级前的那个夏天
the summer before my senior year.
他在战斗中失踪了很长一段时间
He'd been MIA for a long time,
但他们找到了他
but they found him, and, uh...
他们找到了他
Yeah, they found him...
离我们后来找到你的地方不远
not far from where we would find you, eventually.
他们在我村子附近找到了他的尸体
They recovered his body near my village?
-是的 -我从来都找不到
- Yeah. - I never knew that.
我想我只是在
I guess I was...
追赶阿奇在高中时所取得的成就
chasing some of Archie's high school records, and...
在他死后我失去了兴趣
I didn't want them after that.
一切都变得毫无意义 所以我放弃了
It seemed... unimportant, you know? So I quit.
我很抱歉 我
I'm sorry. I-- I--
我从没考虑过战争带来的影响
It never occurred to me how deeply the war had--
老爸 对不起 我完全不知情
Dad, I'm so sorry. I had-- I had no idea.
没事
Ah. Anyway...
我们该走了 半小时后还有课呢
Listen, we got to get going. We have class in a half hour.
慢着 稍等下
Oh. Wait. Um... actually...
这是序言
This is the foreword.
抱歉拖了这么长时间才给你
I'm sorry it took so long.
我只是想要写好
I just wanted to get it right.
谢了 老爸
Thanks, Dad.
希望你能喜欢
Yeah. I hope you like it.
例如 洛克兰小学
For example, Rockland Elementary,
绝大多数是白人小孩
which is overwhelmingly white,
最近开始了对民权史的教学
had recently begun an initiative to teach Civil Rights history.
但事与愿违
But... it backfired.
白人小孩开始欺凌那些年轻的黑人小孩
The white kids started bullying some of the younger black kids
逼迫他们坐在校车的最后一排
into riding in the back of the bus.
他们罗莎·帕克斯了他们
They Rosa Parks'ed 'em.
现代民权运动之母
1955年在公车上 司机要求黑人给白人让座 但她拒绝了
到了六年级 那些被欺凌的黑人小孩
And by the sixth grade, those same black kids
开始把校车后排区域
were using the back of the bus as a place of...
作为权力 控制
power, control...
有时实施报复的地方
and sometimes revenge.
当我赶过去劝说
And by the time that I got there to talk
这些孩子们 不论肤色
to these kids, black and white...
半数早已经忘记为何发生争执
half of them had forgotten where it all started.
矛盾早已根深蒂固
It had just curdled...
直到点醒他们
until they were asked to see it
让他们换位思考 真正的去看到
from each other's side, really see it, you know?
说得好
Excellent.
我喜欢 你把我说服了
I love it. I'm sold.
先别急
Uh, well, wait. Um...
我们得从基础开始
We-- We have to build from the ground level,
师范教育
you know, teacher education,
特定临域之间的跨文化交融
neighborhood-specific cross-cultural immersion,
解决冲突计划
conflict resolution programming.
我说了"赞同" 你要劝我反悔吗
I said, "sold." You going to talk me out of it?
你理应知道细节
Well, you need to know this,
这样我就能证明预算是合理的
so I can justify the budget.
预算是多少
What's the budget?
就在
It's right...
这里写着
Right there.
对 一年出86.5万美元
Um, right-- 865 annually
作为三位项目专家的薪水
for three salaried program specialists,
除了我自己 还有支持人员
besides myself, for, uh, support staff,
-办公空间 -拒绝
- uh, office space-- - Denied.
你思想太狭隘了 不用从基础着手
You're thinking too small. Forget ground level.
为整个州设计一个试验计划如何
How about we design a pilot program for the entire state?
我们想想怎么能向全国证明
Let's figure out how we can prove this model
这个模式可行
to the whole country.
在你的预算后面追加几个零
Refigure your budget with some more zeros,
多招点人 在六个月内
get a new staffing count, and in six months,
将这个计划推广到其他三个州 如何
we'll be pitching this thing to three more states. Deal?
现在这就是你的办公室了
This is your office, by the way.
明天早上见
See you tomorrow morning.
你多久会有一次杀人的冲动
How often do you think about killing somebody?
没多久 一个月两次
Uh, not that much. Bi-monthly?
详细点 你想怎么杀人
How detailed? Like, what's your method?
就打死为止
I think just beating them to death.
我还从来没打过架
I've never been in a fight though,
所以估计很难成功
so I doubt it'd play out that well.
我总想杀人
I think about it a lot,
每天一次
like once a day.
我甚至都不需要生气
And I don't even have to be mad about anything.
例如前几天
Like, I thought about
我想把你推到车前面
throwing you in front of a car the other day.
好吧
Okay.
-我该走了 -等会 干什么去
- I got to go. - Wait. Why?
我现在没有想杀你的冲动
I don't-- I don't want to kill you right now.
我要去周五祷告会
I'm going to Friday noon prayer.
我上周就没去 现在已经迟到了
I missed last week, and I'm already late.
-我能参加吗 -你怎么无精打采的
- Can I come? - Why are you mopey?
我告诉雷蒙了
I told Ramon.
那你来吧 但是不能穿成这样
Ah. Okay, come on, but you can't wear that.
晚上愉快 他今天可乖了
Have a good night. He was great today.
柯林斯小姐 我去找海莉
Oh, Ms. Collins, hi. I'll grab Hailey for you.
海莉 你妈妈来了
Hailey, Mommy's here!
怎么了宝贝 发生什么了
What's the matter, baby? What's wrong?
宝贝 你不想告诉妈妈吗
Baby, you don't want to tell Mommy?
妈妈 我们是傻瓜吗
Mommy, are we poopy?
什么 有人叫你傻瓜吗
What? Did someone call you poopy?
克洛伊
Chloe did.
她为什么要叫你傻瓜
Why would she say that?
因为我皮肤是棕色的
Because I'm brown.
天哪
Oh my God.
你也是傻瓜
You're poopy too.
亲爱的 告诉我哪个是克洛伊
Honey, can you point out Chloe to Mommy?
新大衣吗
That's a new coat?
是的
Yes, it is.
坐下宝贝 听着 看着妈妈
Have a seat, baby. Listen. Look at Mommy.
你才不是傻瓜
You're not poopy, okay?
现在把你的书包收拾好
I want you to put everything in your backpack.
我去去就来
I'm going to be right back.
好的
Okay.
这夹克可花了我不少钱
Jacket cost me a fortune.
-给我发邮件吧 -好的 没问题
- Just send me an e-mail. - I will. I will definitely.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
剧集 | 此时此地 | 导航列表