剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表
convalescent plasma for COVID right now.
你来告诉我
So you tell me,
这一切真的有所改变吗
what exactly changed?
我没事
I'm fine.
我是同性恋 没有艾滋病
I was a gay HIV-negative man.
当时我的朋友们都奄奄一息了
My friends were dying.
他们需要输血
They needed blood.
可我献不了血
I couldn't donate.
我还是该死的血库负责人
I was the head of the damn blood bank.
你知道那是什么感觉吗
You know what that feels like?
是个人都会做点什么
A person has to do something.
都会采取行动
Has to act.
就像豪伊·库恩迈耶一样吗
- Like Howie Cournemeyer?
豪伊是个无畏的勇士
Howie was fearless.
我从没见过他
I never met him,
但是 老天 他让人深受鼓舞
but God, was he inspiring.
他让抗争看起来很简单
He made it so simple.
去做就好
Just do something.
行动起来
Act up.
所以我就行动了
And I did.
你让同性恋隐藏起自己的身份
- You had gay men hide their identities
以豪伊的名字
and donate
去献血
using Howie's name.
这是一场瘟疫之下最美好的事
- That's the best thing to do in a plague.
付出
Give.
帮助
Help.
我看着一个个担惊受怕的人
I got to see scared men going from
从无助到英勇
helpless to heroes,
一点一滴
drop by drop.
直到
Until...
被赫尔姆斯发现
- Helms found out.
他扬言要开除我
- He said he'd fire me.
和我的员工
My staff too.
如果换做是豪伊·库恩迈耶 他肯定会抗争下去
Howie Cournemeyer would have kept fighting,
但我需要保住工作
but I needed my job.
只好关停了这个项目
So I shut the program down.
在我的余生 这个选择是我
And that's something I have to live with
一生不能承受之重
for the rest of my life.
在病毒肆虐时 你只用了一个月
- You refilled this hospital's blood bank
就让医院的血库又一次充足起来
in under a month during a pandemic.
你是一个英雄
You're a hero.
然而你们却赞颂那个让我退缩的人
- Yet you honor the man that made me a coward.
外面的世界一片狼藉 古德温医生
The world is burning, Dr. Goodwin.
而你花了一整天来追查
And you spend your day hunting me down
一个破坏了相框的老头子
for defacing a photograph?
积习不改 贻害至今
Shame then, shame now.
你回来了
- You came back.
雷诺兹
- Reynolds?
刚才怎么回事
What was that?
夸梅最渴望的就是
- What Kwame wants more than anything
过着像摩♥门♥教♥夫妻那样的虔诚谦恭的生活
is to be a Mormon husband to a Mormon wife,
他觉得他梦想破灭了
and he thought he lost that.
这梦指定得破 他是同性恋啊
- He has lost that. He's gay.
不不 他认为梦想破灭的原因是
- No, no. He thought he lost that
他艾滋病毒阳性了
because he's HIV-positive,
他认为这意味着他不能生育
and he thought that meant that he couldn't have children.
生育他们那个精神社区的基石
Which is the cornerstone of his spiritual community.
同性恋可以有孩子的啊
- Gay people can have children.
如果高效抗病毒治疗和暴露前预防做得好
- But between HART therapy and PrEP, of course,
当然也能艾滋病毒的传播 安全受孕
HIV can be untransmittable and safe for conception.
所以我打电♥话♥告诉了长老
So I called the Elder, let him know that,
他认为夸梅还有希望
and he feels there's a path for Kwame.
他甚至表示他可以跟一个
He even suggested that he can marry a woman
能够理解他苦衷的女人结婚
who knows about his struggles.
你是在逗我吧
- Are you kidding me?
你利用艾滋病的科学
You used the science of HIV
把人又放回衣柜里去了
to put someone back into the closet.
出柜:一个人向大家表明自己的同性恋身份
但 这是他想要的啊
- Well, that's-- that's what he wants.
如果他想朝自己头上开一枪呢
- So if he wanted to shoot himself in the head,
你又会作何选择
where would you have stood on that?
如果他想自行离开急救室
- What if he wanted to leave the E.D.
不再治疗自己的胰腺衰竭了呢
with a failing pancreas?
你觉得我喜欢这样吗 才不
You think I like this? I don't.
但是尊重病人的意愿
But we can't pick and choose when to respect
也要分时间和情况
our patient's wishes.
对夸梅来说 摩♥门♥教♥徒的身份
And being a Mormon is more important to Kwame
比他的性取向更重要
than his sexuality.
那个跟他上♥床♥不带套的人
- Well, the guy he had unprotected sex with
- 可不同意你的观点 - 拜托
disagrees with you. - Oh, come on.
没人胁迫他 这是他的个人选择
Nobody's torturing him. He's choosing this.
对
- Yes.
没错 他的选择
Yeah, he is choosing a life
是建立在一个错误的幻觉上
based on the idea that he has to
在这个幻觉里 他是别人
be somebody that he's not.
如果他不这么选 就说明他有问题
Because there's something wrong with who he is.
我明白你的初衷 弗洛伊德
Look, I get what you were trying to do here, Floyd,
但我们现在讨论的是他的内心
but we're talking about his heart.
你好啊
- Well, hello there.
我注意到你之前出去了
So, I noticed that you went out earlier.
是的 跟凯文一起 他是我的一位老朋友
- Yes. With Kevin. He's my old friend.
老朋友是吗
- Your old friend? - Yes.
你才来纽约五个小时
You've been in New York five hours,
就有了个老朋友
and you've got an old friend?
我们还是小孩子的时候
- He's a friend from the internet.
就在网上认识啦
From when we were kids.
我明白了 那他
- I see. And he's, um,
多大了
how old?
我也不太清楚 我先回你办公室行不
- I'm not sure. Can I go to your office now?
米娜 你收到我的短♥信♥了吗
- Mina. Did you get my texts?
我刚才有点忙
- I was busy.
忙呢
- Busy.
有什么问题吗
- Is there a problem?
你不是说过彼此以朋友相待吗
I thought you said to treat you like a friend.
那是当然
- Yep, absolutely.
我也没跟我的朋友发短♥信♥
- And I didn't text any of my friends
告诉他们我和凯文在一起啊
to tell them that I was hanging out with Kevin.
对 嗯 当然 只不过
- Yes, no, of course. It's just, um,
你以前从没来过纽约
you've never been to New York before.
跟德黑兰没什么两样啦 人更少而已
- Oh, it's a lot like Tehran, just a little less crowded.
你下班后再见喽
I'll see you when you're done?
麦克斯 你要见我吗
- Max, you wanted to see me.
嗨 乔治
- Hey, George. I, uh...
我听说了豪伊·库恩迈耶的事
I heard about Howie Cournemeyer.
我知道这看起来像什么
- Oh, I know how that looks.
如果我纵容这种情况再持续下去
If I let that continue for one more day,
就是一场彻头彻尾的灾难
it would have been an unmitigated disaster.
那项规定无♥耻♥且充满歧视 这其实是一种巧妙规避
- It did circumvent a ugly, very discriminatory regulation.
不不 这违反了联邦法律
- No, no, it violated federal policy.
我也许特立独行
I may have been a maverick,
但绝不会与犯罪同流合污
but I wasn't about to become a criminal.
光是要承担的法律责任就会让我们寸步难行
The liability alone would have crippled us.
那些血你后来怎么处理的
- What did you do with all that blood?
销毁了
- Disposed of it.
哪怕是所有捐献者的血液都通过了筛查
- Even though all donated blood is screened?
你把它们扔了 乔治
You threw it away, George.
本来可以救命的
You could have helped people.
而你选择不这么做
And you chose not to.
你知道吗 我最近查过
- You know, the last time I checked,
食品药品管理局的指导方针依然如此
those were still the FDA guidelines.
据我判断
And as far as I can tell,
剧集 | 医院革命 | 导航列表